Rimmel ScandalEyes Lycra Flex Mascara

3.8

on 7/31/2015 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

This is the BEST mascara for big voluminous lashes!!
It separates lashes beautifully and thickens them to look like fluttery natural false lashes. The brush is giant and fluffy and helps achieve gorgeous lashes, voluminous but not gross and clumpy. This is the only mascara so far to not flake on me during the day.

Here is the best way to use it:
1) Just like with all mascaras, the most important thing to do is to make sure to WIPE OFF EXCESS PRODUCT from the brush to avoid clumping. Just scrape off the brush on all side inside the edge of the tube.
2) Lay the brush at the very end of lashes and ZIG ZAG your brush up to the tips. The horizontal motion is important in fully coating each lash.
3) LAYER. After doing both eyes the first time, wait a few seconds and do them again.
Taking SMALL amounts and slowly layering is what gives you volume without clumps.

I use the non waterproof one and it stays on all day and comes off easily without damaging my lashes. Make sure to set your under-eyes/cheeks with powder if using the non-waterproof version because the wetness can otherwise make the mascara transfer.
I have normal sized lashes and always get compliments on how big my natural lashes are (though they aren't.)

I have seen how the Better Than Sex and They're Real mascara perform and I like this MUCH better.

on 7/20/2015 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Really not much of a fan of this mascara.
I didn't realise this mascara utilised a big fat brush, if there was a picture of the brush on the packet, I probably wouldn't have bought this product as it is much too big for my liking, and awkward for me to use as I have smallish eyes.

The mascara itself is very clumpy and very heavy, and I find my eyelashes clump together. Even after using a cottonbud to remove some excess mascara, it is still very thick and I have experienced fallout, so I find tiny flakes of mascara on my cheeks and around my eyes after a couple hours of use.

However it was cheap and I needed a new mascara at the time, if there was a picture of the brush on the packaging, I probably wouldn't have purchased this one.

on 7/18/2015 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is for the mascara in the giant, lime green tube. The brush is a big, fat traditional one. My two HGs are Prestige Biggest Lashes (pink tube) and Maybelline Full 'n' Soft. This is, I think comparable to those. If you want a full, fluttery, think feathery look, this one works. I do wipe the brush, and comb out afterwards, but my lashes are dense and long, so this is a necessity. This holds a curl very well, and gives great definition without spiders nor clumps. Stays damp long enough to comb out well, and does not irritate my sensitive eyes. I do wear contacts. No flaking nor smudging. Very Good mascara.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

THIS MASCARA IS AMAZING AHHHH!!!! my lashes are already pretty long and curly, BUT HOLY COW THIS MAKES THEM SO MUCH BETTER!!!! I don't need to curl my lashes or anything. I love everything about this mascara and i recommend it to everyone. Its extremely volumizing, curling, lengthening and defining!!! It's so great!!! The brush is huge which I like and it's a wetter formula which I also like! I usually only apply one coat for my everyday look, but when Im going out or whatever I will put two or three for an amazing and dramatic look! its very feathery if you apply it correctly!!!! I recommend it!!!!

on 5/29/2015 3:12:00 AM

My lashes are short and straight, but if I use a curler and this mascara they look wonderfully curled and much much longer!!
It's the best I've ever used :-)

on 5/4/2015 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was very disappointed with this mascara, I thought it would add more length and volume to my lashes considering that I have very fine and short lashes, all it did was clump and get everywhere. Usually Rimmel has great mascara but this one was just too thick of a formula.

on 4/16/2015 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

The formula of this mascara is extremely thick, but i guess for so much the product itself has, its lightweight. This mascara was amazing when i first bought it, no clumps and my lashes were defined and thick. After a weeks use it just ended up becoming super clumpy, not in the dry clumpy way but the wet clumpy thick feeling all over your lashes. I naturally have thick long lashes and this was a dissappointment for me. It never seems to fully dry all the way, and now when i open the tube of mascara, the whole brush is filled with thick random mascara clumps all over. Youd have to wipe the brush off first and then use it, but theres no point if it never seems to dry even after 4 hours. You could use this as a thickening mascara only but like i said dont expect it to dry super quickly. Itll leave a thick wet feeling on your eyelashes that could smudge at any moment.

on 4/5/2015 5:26:00 PM

This has quickly become my favorite mascara. This is the for the mascara in the big, green tube. It lengthens, separates, and adds volume. It lasts all day and does not flake on me. It also removes really well.

on 1/31/2015 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love this mascara....really does what it says, and you cant beat the price! Love the formula used too, it doesnt flake or clump up throughout the day. Doesn't bother my contacts either like some more expensive brands do. Will buy again!

on 1/28/2015 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Definitely volumizing! Iím not a fan of those newer plastic prickly brushes so those are dealbreakers for me. This brush is HUGE and is the old-school bristle type. I love the mascara itself and it does give great volume and length. Unfortunately, I get the mascara on my upper eyelids due to the large brush. I also havenít seen where the ďFlexĒ part comes into play yet? Overall, I do like this mascara and itís fairly cheap at $6.99 at Target. This is not any better though than my favorite Max Factor 2000 Calorie. Is it just me or does ALL mascara flake? No matter what I try Ė it all flakes on me. Maybe it's me?