January 31, 2015 | 2126 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - ScandalEyes Lycra Flex Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2015 10:28:00 AM More reviews by KeliQ

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara....really does what it says, and you cant beat the price! Love the formula used too, it doesnt flake or clump up throughout the day. Doesn't bother my contacts either like some more expensive brands do. Will buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2015 3:04:00 PM More reviews by ashleym04

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Definitely volumizing! Iím not a fan of those newer plastic prickly brushes so those are dealbreakers for me. This brush is HUGE and is the old-school bristle type. I love the mascara itself and it does give great volume and length. Unfortunately, I get the mascara on my upper eyelids due to the large brush. I also havenít seen where the ďFlexĒ part comes into play yet? Overall, I do like this mascara and itís fairly cheap at $6.99 at Target. This is not any better though than my favorite Max Factor 2000 Calorie. Is it just me or does ALL mascara flake? No matter what I try Ė it all flakes on me. Maybe it's me?

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2015 9:35:00 AM More reviews by Devina77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really great product. It makes my lashes long and thick without needing to use eyelash curlers. The only downside is that the brush is quite large and often end up getting the product on my eye lids as well.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2015 12:56:00 PM More reviews by jinxd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I usually use CG Lash Blast but have recently been having a problem with it flaking and making my lashes a little crunchy. I live in an arid climate and while I moved across town, I didn't go far so there shouldn't be any reason for such a big change in product performance but it's gotten bad enough to send me on the hunt for a new mascara.

This one is not it. It weighed my fine lashes down, smeared and flaked. The worst though, is that it never quite seemed to dry all the way, it stayed tacky and my lashes are fine but long and the slightest breeze caused them to stick together and almost tangle. Checking the mirror at work halfway through the day left me horrified to see that half my lashes were pointing in all different directions and wouldn't straighten back out. In the trash it goes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2015 7:01:00 PM More reviews by meglovesbeauty

I absolutely love this mascara, definitely a HG product as I have yet to find anything that matches up to this with the same price tag!

First off the brush is huge which personally I love, I feel it coats every single last little lash! It is an extremely black mascara and it's buildable without being clumpy! I'd also like to say that as someone who doesn't wear make up everyday my make up never tends to run out, I've had this mascara around 6 months, it is still nowhere near run out and hasn't dried up at all!

The only downside is the towards the end of the day I start to get a little bit of the mascara tranfer to my lid just below my brow which is annoying as my eye make up then gets a little smudged along with it! Having said that it's nothing a little wipe with your finger can't sort out straight away but for this reason I would definitely be interested to buy a waterproof version (if they have one) to see if that prevents this happening!

This mascara just gives me amazing, voluminous, full and long lashes without clumps and at such a great price I absolutely adore it!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2015 1:13:00 AM More reviews by sweetdreamsb1atch

i bought this mascara on disccount ,and after trying it at home,i have mixed feelings about it..first,i like huge mascara wands because i always feel they do a better job curving my lashes,and this scandaleyes's wand fits my liking..the wand is big with tick bristles ,but i noticed it flakes quite much so i always have to wipe the extra product off the wand..other than that it does a decent job lenghtening my lashes ,however it doesnt give me any wow effect...my lashes are naturaly long but they are a bit thin ,so i need a mascara to separate them perfectly in order to make them more fluttery and voluminous unfortunately this mascara fails to do the job,it just clumps 2 or 3 lashes togheter..its also very hard to build it on without giving spidery lashes so you have to be careful
pros:
- the package,is bulky,huge wand ,tick bristles ,neon green some people might not like it ,but i do,it depends on the tastes
-does a decent job lenghtening your lashes
-the price is good,affordable mascara

cons:
-the wand comes off the tube with too much product on it,it has flakes so i always have to wipe it
-it doesnt build up very well,if you put more than 1-2 coats ,you will deffinitely have spidery lashes
it clumps easily so you have to be careful how you aply it
-the formula is a bit too wet,you have to wait around 5 minutes until you aply the 2nd coat,otherwise it will make a mess on your eyelids
-it says it gives insane volume and definition however i havent saw much volume honestly
conclusion:depite the fact its very cheap ,no it didnt make me buy it again..i'd reccomand it only if theres no other alternatives,but there are too many cheap low end mascaras out there that do a way better job than this one

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2015 11:04:00 AM More reviews by raebkeim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased this in hopes of finding a good buildable mascara for day to day use. I don't love it but I don't hate it either. The brush is nice and big which is great for all but the smaller lashes near the inside of the eye. Doesn't really clump but on rare occasion. Gives my lashes no shape, just drags them up, so I have to use my eye lash curler. I find it is dry and hard to build on after the 1st coat. I will finish this bottle but don't plan on purchasing again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2015 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Amzzz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Overall a good mascara; keeps lashes soft, curled, lengthened and volumised- however tends to flake a little. A jet black formula, which is good for dramatic lashes and with no smell. You can also tell this is a lower end mascara, however is worth it for the very cheap price.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2015 7:29:00 PM More reviews by retropink

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this mascara for the dramatic deep black lash look I prefer. I buy "extreme black" and always use a lash curler. It defines and lengthens well with just a couple of coats, goes on smoothly, and gives decent volume. It also holds a curl quite well. I would say this is my HG for now, but it does smear on my bottom lashes so I can't apply there. I think the problem is my oily eyelids, though, so that may not be an issue for everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2014 5:52:00 PM More reviews by Gossijay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had wanted to try this mascara for about two years but I never got around to it. New mascaras kept coming out like (Maybelline The Rocket, The Colossal Cat Eyes, Scandaleyes Retro Glam, Maybelline's Real Impact) so I kept getting side-tracked.

Anyway I finally got around to buying Lycra Flex. The packaging had changed dramatically since I had seen it last - it's now green with black writing, not black with turquoise metallic writing - but I'm not using the tube but rather the mascara inside (and the packaging ensured me that it was the same formula). Personally I don't like the scandaleyes tubes. They're all very chunky.

The brush is very large and took quite a while to get used to. I kept hitting my eyelids with the brush and kept messing up my lids. But the brush is very nice, it's very fluffy so it imparts mascara onto all of my lashes and combs through any potential clumps before they happen.

The formula isn't very wet nor is it very dry so the formula is absolutely perfect. It makes my lashes long, thick, lengthened, and well defined. I think of this mascara as my tube of liquid falsies. Honestly, it makes my lashes look amazing but then again it takes a very bad mascara to disappoint me and I find a lot of mascaras make my lashes look good. I really do like this mascara because it makes my lashes full.

About the lycra flex claim? It's true! My lashes don't feel crunchy. And I find with a lot of these mascaras that claim to keep your lashes soft are unable to build up volume because the formula is so airy. Not this mascara! My lashes are soft and full. Maybelline's Real Impact Mascara wishes it was this good.

TL;DR: This mascara has a lovely formula and a large - but very useful - brush and gives my lashes great volume, definition and length while keeping them soft, not brittle. Good job Rimmel. I will definitely repurchase.