Rimmel ScandalEyes Lycra Flex Mascara

3.8

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Although I was very happy with my Sensai mascara, I decided to try this one as it was on sale. It's a pretty cheap mascara even when it's not on sale, mind you, but the sale made it especially atttractive.The brush is ridiculously large (I almost thought it was a joke) and that takes some getting used to, but the mascara itself is good. It's very pigmented, easy to apply and it makes my lashes reasonably pretty, thick, well defined and longer. It is quite buildable but on me, it clumps. What I love so much about this mascara is that it doesn't flake. However, it does smudge a bit.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I liked the packaging on this and the big brush. The formula is a bit wet so give it a minute before you go over your lashes again to build more volume and length. I am sensitive to some mascara and get very itchy eyes, this was not an issue with this one. I get decent length and volume with this and would repurchase if I didn't get terrible raccoon eyes from it. Both my lower and upper lids were a mess by the end of the day. If you don't normally have issues with this than give this mascara a try. Would not repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This mascara is honestly the est mascara I have EVER tried at the drugstore! My go to mascaras have always been loreal and out of a whim I decide to get this mascara and don't regret it at all! The formula is wet which I don't mind and the brush is very bulky but it gives you the best results! My eyelashes look so long and full and very close to falsies! It lasts all day, holds a curl very nicely, doesn't flake and is very black! I would recommend this mascara to anyone with medium to long lashes :) this mascara has since replaced my go to duo loreal voluminous and telescopic!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I absolutely adore this mascara! I have long eyelashes but they have no curl to them and often just droop down. The first time I used the Rimmel Scandaleyes Lycra Flex Mascara I wasn't a fan due to the exceptionally large brush which was difficult to manoeuvre and mascara ended up everywhere. However, in my second attempt I took more time and effort and the results were amazing. My eyelashes were nearly up to my eyebrows! I received so many compliments and people asked if I had extensions or wore false eyelashes, but really it was just this mascara.

Pro's ***

- My favourite thing about this mascara is the so called 'Lycra flex' element. The mascara doesn't dry too quickly and has a very wet, almost sticky consistency. It is by no means a dry mascara. This provides you with more time to apply many coats to provide you with desired length and volume, before turning clumpy or giving the effect of the dreaded spider lashes.

- The large fan brush is amazing, but I have a love-hate relationship with it. The pro of having such a large mascara brush is that you can apply more a lot more product and really work your way around your lashes to ensure all are the same length.

Cons ***

- As mentioned before, the brush is difficult to work with sometimes and can really get in the way of your application as mascara can end up on your eyelids if you're not careful.

This is just an okay mascara. I have relatively short lashes, but with the right mascara they can look long and nicely separated. This product is good at lengthening but can get clumpy easily. The formula is okay, it isn't too wet or dry. The brush it what ruined it for me. I have slightly deep set eyes and the brush is so big and shaped weirdly that it is literally impossible for me to not get mascara on my eyelids when I apply this, no matter how hard I try.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

A hidden treasure in the drugstore. Holds a curl, lasts 8 hours, does not flake. It makes my lashes touch my eyebrows! The formula make your lashes fluttery and it's buildable whether you want a natural flutter look or a voluminous look.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

This is the BEST mascara for big voluminous lashes!!
It separates lashes beautifully and thickens them to look like fluttery natural false lashes. The brush is giant and fluffy and helps achieve gorgeous lashes, voluminous but not gross and clumpy. This is the only mascara so far to not flake on me during the day.

Here is the best way to use it:
1) Just like with all mascaras, the most important thing to do is to make sure to WIPE OFF EXCESS PRODUCT from the brush to avoid clumping. Just scrape off the brush on all side inside the edge of the tube.
2) Lay the brush at the very end of lashes and ZIG ZAG your brush up to the tips. The horizontal motion is important in fully coating each lash.
3) LAYER. After doing both eyes the first time, wait a few seconds and do them again.
Taking SMALL amounts and slowly layering is what gives you volume without clumps.

I use the non waterproof one and it stays on all day and comes off easily without damaging my lashes. Make sure to set your under-eyes/cheeks with powder if using the non-waterproof version because the wetness can otherwise make the mascara transfer.
I have normal sized lashes and always get compliments on how big my natural lashes are (though they aren't.)

I have seen how the Better Than Sex and They're Real mascara perform and I like this MUCH better.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Really not much of a fan of this mascara.
I didn't realise this mascara utilised a big fat brush, if there was a picture of the brush on the packet, I probably wouldn't have bought this product as it is much too big for my liking, and awkward for me to use as I have smallish eyes.

The mascara itself is very clumpy and very heavy, and I find my eyelashes clump together. Even after using a cottonbud to remove some excess mascara, it is still very thick and I have experienced fallout, so I find tiny flakes of mascara on my cheeks and around my eyes after a couple hours of use.

However it was cheap and I needed a new mascara at the time, if there was a picture of the brush on the packaging, I probably wouldn't have purchased this one.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is for the mascara in the giant, lime green tube. The brush is a big, fat traditional one. My two HGs are Prestige Biggest Lashes (pink tube) and Maybelline Full 'n' Soft. This is, I think comparable to those. If you want a full, fluttery, think feathery look, this one works. I do wipe the brush, and comb out afterwards, but my lashes are dense and long, so this is a necessity. This holds a curl very well, and gives great definition without spiders nor clumps. Stays damp long enough to comb out well, and does not irritate my sensitive eyes. I do wear contacts. No flaking nor smudging. Very Good mascara.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

THIS MASCARA IS AMAZING AHHHH!!!! my lashes are already pretty long and curly, BUT HOLY COW THIS MAKES THEM SO MUCH BETTER!!!! I don't need to curl my lashes or anything. I love everything about this mascara and i recommend it to everyone. Its extremely volumizing, curling, lengthening and defining!!! It's so great!!! The brush is huge which I like and it's a wetter formula which I also like! I usually only apply one coat for my everyday look, but when Im going out or whatever I will put two or three for an amazing and dramatic look! its very feathery if you apply it correctly!!!! I recommend it!!!!

Popular Mascaras