Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner - Tetra

4.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

I recently got this in a Stila palette on clearance; glad I did, would never have paid that much for a liner pencil! I've been searching for an undereye liner; have been doing this thing with a tiny bit of gel liner and dark eyeshadow...anyway, very fiddly. But this...I can just put it on, a bit of elf undereye setting powder, and go! I use a lot of purples, and this isn't too dark--or actually, super purple--to use with other related colors (grays, blues, etc). Wears well too.

This liner goes on as a blackened purply plum with shimmer and looks fantastic! The shimmer catches the light and really enhances my eye color. This is what I wanted Elizabeth Arden's Smoky Eye Pencil in Mulberry to be. I got Tetra in a swap after seeing a swatch online and I am so happy with it. It glides on very easily, doesn't tug, can be smudged but then after a few seconds does set so you can have a clean line or smudged line which really lasts all day. Love the color and formulation. The outer casing for the pencil is a shimmery blue/purple color but this is totally wrong and definitely does not match the color of the liner.

I never really thought of Stila as having excellent products, I always was told that they were rather mediocre. However this liner has made me rethink their products and I will probably give them more attention next time I am in Sephora. If I can find this in store, I would definitely buy it.