Hard Candy Sonic Sparkle Dust

3.7

I should really know better than to buy any eye products from HC because i just never like them (apart from bling bling) but here i am, another 50/50 review. Its nothing particularly spectacular. I do, however like the colour. It kind of reminds me a little of blue/green or green/brown pigment or UD lounge eyeshadow. You really need a good primer for this but is not versatile (in this shade, anyway).

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I love mine, I've got the gold one - what's the name? Any how I love it with HC loner shadow in Sonic, black gold with gold sparkle over it looks awesome. For the full eye with this look include MAC goldmine. Super pretty flashy night eye.

on 11/29/2003 7:59:00 PM

I have Platinum and Cosmic. Cosmic is powder eye shadow in a vibrant yet semi-deep gorgeous pink w/ many micro-glitter shimmers mixed in which Platinum is purely silver micro glitter. No shadow involved so that's a rip off! I can buy silver Micro glitter at any craft store for $2! Not sure of the point! I appy it and because it has no shadwer or powder blended in it does not stay on and just falls onto the face. Very odd!
I like the Cosmic though as it doesn't apply nearly as bright as it looks.

on 6/27/2003 8:16:00 PM

I have this in the color Plush, which is a light blue with blue sparkles. When used dry, it is very sheer and when used wet it has more intensity. It is very pretty and I would love to try the other colors. I can't see myself using this up, because a little bit goes a long way. If I do ever use it up I would probably repurchase.

on 2/20/2003 6:26:00 AM

This is a cute little pot of sparkly shimmery goodness- perfect for illuminating the eyes and popping on the cheekbones over blush. I like using this at night- it creates a fun, glimmery, party-girl look.

on 1/19/2003 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Ok, this is probably the only H.C. product that I will buy over and over again. I've had every one of them (Platinum & Plush are my faves) and I just love them! They're easy to apply and very worth the price considering each container will last at least 2 years! Just a tad bit will make your eyes sparkle for hours. As a bonus, very little strays away from the lid and if it does, the subtle sparkle looks beautiful on your cheeks as well! A very fun product!

on 11/11/2002 10:45:00 AM

Sonic Sparkle Dust comes in approximately 6 colors. Mine is called Cosmic, which is pink. This loose powder combines pigment with sparkle. Applied to the lid liberally, it gives a really cool sparkle effect on top of color. However, it can be used in can be applied in a slightly more toned down way as well. The pigmented part of the dust has almost a metallic quality. This is pretty fun stuff - good for clubbing. I think it's too much for a work setting though.