October 31, 2014 | 1035 users online

Scrubs - Dermalogica - Skin Prep Scrub

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2014 1:24:00 PM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like it. It makes my skin apear fresh after using. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 6:41:00 AM More reviews by aelskar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this scrub!

You can really feel it exfoliating the skin, but it doesn't leave it sore or red.

It is pricey, but so much better than any other scrubs I've tried. And a little goes a long way!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 3:40:00 AM More reviews by kbono23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

great product! doesn't cause redness or irritated skin! love the small exfoliating beads and gentle exfoliation I get front this. lasts a long time as I only need a small amount! love

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2013 10:23:00 PM More reviews by Jennytherese

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this about twice a week instead of Special Cleansing Gel. It has mid-sized grains which makes me feel that it exfoliates adequately without scratching or irritating my skin. It makes my pores appear smaller and does not dry out my skin. Works great for removing any built up dirt and keeping my oiliness under control.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2013 12:33:00 AM More reviews by eyesopen33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is very pricey, but I have rosacea and ultra reactive skin and this does not cause any redness on my face. It is a gentle scrub and can be used daily with a light hand. It does not seem to clog my pores either and the ingredients I think are semi-calming. Pricey though but worth it for my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by BeautyBead

Overall, I'm particular about facial scrubs for exfoliation. I tried a travel size of this product and wasn't totally disappointed but not thrilled. It's too abrasive and I actually prefer Dermalogica's powder based rice scrub. I found that one did more for my skin than this skin prep scrub. The skin prep scrub is a good "fill in" product if u run out of your normal scrub. It can get you through until you buy more of what you really like. I highly recommend non-abrasive scrubs for facial exfoliation even if you have to make your own homemade one at home using cream powered goat's milk, its just safer bet overall for face.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by caragh87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I've only been using this for a few days but a noticed a difference in my skin especially my nose/blackheads.
It's helped a lot with exfoliation of my oily/combination skin.

I'm going to use it 2-3 times a week from now on but i've been using it daily for the first few days.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2012 6:55:00 AM More reviews by bellski

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I used this once, and it completly ruined my skin. It has been 2 days since I used it and my face is till red-ish and has changed its texture somehow. I normally have smooth skin but it feels very uneven and dry and weird, an it itches a bit. I haven't used any other product for the first time since this happened, only the skin prep scrub so it has to be the product that did this. Hope it goes away and my skin goes back to normal again, soon... yikes

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2011 11:47:00 PM More reviews by xoCarmina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I tried this on my hands first... There is no way this abrasive scrub is going anywhere near my face! This has corn meal and cetyl alcohol which is not very good for skin either. Not to mention parabens up the ying yang. Abrasive scrubs are bad for the face because it cuts the surface of the skin and can cause infections. Instead it's recommended to opt for a scrub that has fine microbeads, which exfoliate the skin without cutting it.
I would definitely not recommend this scrub to anyone. The whole Dermalogica line is an epic fail, except for a few key products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2011 5:13:00 AM More reviews by Emma13

This is a pretty good scrub, as they go. I don't normally use scrubs since I prefer BHA/AHA products which I find more effective than abrasive scrubs. I received two samples of this so I used it twice. If you like using scrubs, this is not a bad choice. It's creamy, massages on nicely and the particles are quite fine so it does not feel like you're scratching the skin. (Hello Korres, I'm talking to you.....!) It rinses off pretty easily. So: a good scrub. It smells bad, but I'd still consider buying this if I wanted a scrub. Dermalogica is expensive though.