August 27, 2014 | 1637 users online

Makeup Brushes - Make Up For Ever - 122 Blending Brush

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

First off, I'm a huge fan of skunk brushes because they are the fastest, easiest way for me to apply my liquid foundation. And they're the only tool I've found that really sheers out the coverage as evenly and flawlessly as possible. BUT! My skin is so extremely sensitive that traditional skunk brushes irritate and scratch due to the natural goat hair that provides the sturdy base of these types of brushes. I'm allergic to animal hair so I have to use only synthetic brushes. I've been looking for a synthetic, high quality skunk brush for years but haven't found one until now and I was absolutely thrilled when MUFE introduced this new line of brushes (permanent and new as of Fall 2013) and included a skunk-style brush in the range. I bought it the first day it was released and love it.

The shape isn't as large or full as most skunk brushes but the bristles are well made and extremely soft and silky. It has the same sturdy base of shorter hair with the longer, more dispersed bristles throughout. It's a good size for applying both liquid foundation and cream blushes or bronzers. It works perfectly as intended and cuts my foundation application time in half. I was using my fingers before since the flat, tapered foundation style brushes apply liquid formulas too heavily for my taste and require more accuracy than a skunk brush.

I use two drops of my Cle de Peau foundation for my entire face and this brush just helps buff it into my skin beautifully with no demarkations or unevenness. I use a quick, circular motion to apply all over my face. For my cream blushes it helps the color look more natural as well and helps provide that blurry, watercolor finish. It feels amazing to use, the bristles are much finer and softer than any of my Ecotool or Hourglass brushes and the quality is definitely there.

The handle is tapered wood, lightweight and easy to grip and manipulate. I wash this after every use and there's no weird smell or fibre loss or color bleeding, and it holds its shape well. I wash it at night and it dries quickly so that I can use it again in the morning.

My only complaint is the packaging, which was a simple plastic wrapper. It should have been packaged in a box of some kind to help preserve the shape since it arrived from Sephora a little mushed on one side. I had to wash and reshape it for a couple days to get it to its original shape. Other than that I'm very happy with this, it's a staple in my routine now and I imagine it'll last me a long while. Highly recommend this if you have sensitive skin or if you're on the lookout for a cruelty-free skunk brush.