July 25, 2014 | 2004 users online

Bronzers - Bobbi Brown - Bronzing Powder in Golden Light 1

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2014 10:17:00 AM More reviews by xholly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This bronzer has quickly become a staple in my make-up collection. It's by far the best bronzer I've used (and I've tried a lot!).

It was an instant hit with me due to the lack of shimmer/sparkle in the product, as I very much dislike shimmery powders on my face. It is fabulous for contouring and makes it effortless to build colour on the face. The result is very natural (which is what Bobbi is known for). It's also easy to blend.

The packaging is very sleek and is good for carrying in your handbag - I would recommend this product to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 9:43:00 AM More reviews by babysinclair24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this blush after a bridal makeup lesson at the Bobbi Brown counter at Lord & Taylor in preparation for my wedding. Most of the makeup in my current kit was shimmery or had SPF or yielded so-so results so I really needed the good stuff for pictures. I was really impressed with the way all of the face products they used worked together - I had a truly flawless, glowy complexion and it didn't look like I was wearing any makeup. Not wanting to mess around, I went ahead and got all of them in the name of my wedding day.

At $38, this product was indeed a major splurge, even for me, and I normally don't hesitate spend the money for good face makeup if my budget allows for it. There is a lot of product in the compact, though. I've been using it consistently since September, and I've barely made a dent.

The packaging is chic and minimalist like all of the Bobbi Brown products. It's a flat compact, so it sits in my makeup bag nicely. It does have a mirror, although I've never needed to use it.

This is a matte powder. I use it to warm up my face and for light contouring. The application is subtle, so its easy to build the color to get the look I want. After applying, I like to blend it in a little more with my fingers. It's easy to blend.

The color is flattering for my olive, warm-to-neutral skin tone. I had a tan when I bought this, and my tanned skin would be considered "medium." In the winter, I am somewhere between "medium" and "light" and it still looks great with my paler skin, unlike my other bronzers.

Overall, I like this bronzer and it's part of my everyday makeup routine. I like that it doesn't scream "BRONZER" and gives subtle color and contouring to my face. It doesn't look like I am wearing makeup, I just look healthy, and this is exactly what I am looking for in a bronzer.

Would I buy this again? Probably. I do like the results I get from it. The steep price makes me hesitate, though. When I run out, which will be in a long time because, again, I've been using this consistently for 6 months and have barely made a dent, I think I might hunt around for something a little less expensive that yields similar results rather than just re-buying automatically. Still, something tells me I'd be hard pressed to find a better bronzer for the subtle results I enjoy from this product, so I probably will bite the bullet and spend the money for it again.

I am tempted to give this product a 4 because it doesn't excite me as much as other products and it is so expensive, but the results are flawless and leave nothing to be desired, so I will give it a 5.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2014 12:29:00 AM More reviews by Perfection91

I was recommended this bronzer from a friend whose a huge fan.
I personally like Bobbi Brown as well, but this one is a miss.
if you have warm undertones, I suggest looking for something else..
this has a lot of redness.. so its very very obvious that you're wearing a bronzer.. if it blends with the foundation somehow, it turns into a red orange color...

packaging wise, I love bobbi brown's packaging and wouldn't complain. very chic, and the right size. There is a considerable amount of product as well. I bought this in the summer, but is still using it in February.

it is completely matte which is great, and blends pretty well. not too pigmented, and not too sheer.
it is pretty powdery though.. so its pretty hard to keep the product clean..

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2014 1:23:00 AM More reviews by conniehe

* Medium - Light skin
Estimate NW20 in MAC

I've had this product for around 7 months. I was looking a good quality bronzer, pigmented and long lasting (since my last one: Harmony by MAC faded easily and wasnt pigmented enough eventhough i dont have dark skin at all). So.. been a little doubtfull about it.. considering the high price, i give it a go.
First thing i like is the packacking, black, easy to open and with a mirror (however i only give it 3 lipies since its quite boring and not very fancy-feeling).

Second thing was noticing that as the name suggests ("golden light") this is clearly has yellow undertones, which I WAS looking since i have pink undertones and i didnt wanted to emphasize them.

So...

I got to say that, despite the price, i love this bronzer. Its 100% matte (i contour with it), very pigmented, tends to last on me noticeable 6 hours, fading away 8 hours. Did totally made stop using my Harmony from MAC for quite a while and increased my intentions to buy even DARKER shades so my contour is deeper.
I would buy it again but got to admit maybe golden light wasnt the best choice of colour because its very yellow tone for my pink face but oh well, my bad.

* For those bobbi brown lovers, i use this with the BB bronzer brush and i love it for overall bronzer but doesnt do it that great for sharp contour.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by paleseptember

I have bought this bronzer twice now and I consider it a staple. The trick with choosing this shade was to try to mimic the undertones in my natural tan (not very dark but quite yellow) - which means it complements my olive skintone well. The packaging is sleek and compact. The formula is completely matte and build-able which makes it very natural looking on the skin - I will even use it to shade my socket with certain eye looks and it is the perfect colour for me even when I'm at my fairest during the winter. I don't think the price is too bad considering that it is a high-end product and I have had my most recent one for about 2 years (I have just started to hit pan).

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2013 11:04:00 AM More reviews by Jazzy11

This is horrible on me. I wear Warm beige in Bobbi Brown foundation stick, and I can't see this bronzer on my face at all. Have been playing with it for months now with no luck. Going back

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by fionavirginia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favourite / HG bronzer. The shade is just perfect for my medium, NC30, warm undertone skin. I was looking for a bronzer that is just not too dark, too brown, too chocolaty... for everyday use. I think this bronzer fits the need.
The only downside is obviously the price which is on the expensive side, and the packaging. Although not major, I think it's a bit too big and bulky. Being a practical person, I don't like bring it when travelling, instead I bring the Urban Decay Naked Flushed (a bronzer, highlighter and blush powder palette), which bronzer is similar to this although I'd still prefer this one in terms of shade.