Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder in Golden Light 1

on 4/23/2015 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this bronzer! I'm an NW20 skintone, and i feel that this is one of the only bronzers that doesn't come off as muddy on my skin. It's very natural looking, and I feel i'm able to use this for both contour and bronzing so it's a great 2-in-1 for me.
It's a very fine pressed powder, so it's so easy for me to blend out and not over do it. It can be built up to a darker colour if you've got fake tan on, or you can have the light shade for if you're paler or want a more natural bronzey look.
It is a bit more expensive than most brands, but I feel a little will go a long way. I've used mine so much recently and I've barely made a dent in it.
I really love this - i've tried a lot of bronzers inc Mac, Too Faced, Benefit etc and this is the one I've reached for the most.

on 2/9/2015 5:43:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I've just hit pan on this bronzer. Its a matt bronzer that i like to use on the oilier areas of my skin ie. my forehead. On the drier areas of my face, i use Armani sun fabric bronzer. I feel the satin finish is better for drier skin and matt is better for oilier skin.

Golden Light works well on my NC25 skin, looks very natural. The powder is quite pigmented, and i love the chic packaging.

on 6/9/2014 10:17:00 AM

This bronzer has quickly become a staple in my make-up collection. It's by far the best bronzer I've used (and I've tried a lot!).

It was an instant hit with me due to the lack of shimmer/sparkle in the product, as I very much dislike shimmery powders on my face. It is fabulous for contouring and makes it effortless to build colour on the face. The result is very natural (which is what Bobbi is known for). It's also easy to blend.

The packaging is very sleek and is good for carrying in your handbag - I would recommend this product to anyone.

on 2/26/2014 12:29:00 AM

I was recommended this bronzer from a friend whose a huge fan.
I personally like Bobbi Brown as well, but this one is a miss.
if you have warm undertones, I suggest looking for something else..
this has a lot of redness.. so its very very obvious that you're wearing a bronzer.. if it blends with the foundation somehow, it turns into a red orange color...

packaging wise, I love bobbi brown's packaging and wouldn't complain. very chic, and the right size. There is a considerable amount of product as well. I bought this in the summer, but is still using it in February.

it is completely matte which is great, and blends pretty well. not too pigmented, and not too sheer.
it is pretty powdery though.. so its pretty hard to keep the product clean..

on 1/16/2014 1:23:00 AM

* Medium - Light skin
Estimate NW20 in MAC

I've had this product for around 7 months. I was looking a good quality bronzer, pigmented and long lasting (since my last one: Harmony by MAC faded easily and wasnt pigmented enough eventhough i dont have dark skin at all). So.. been a little doubtfull about it.. considering the high price, i give it a go.
First thing i like is the packacking, black, easy to open and with a mirror (however i only give it 3 lipies since its quite boring and not very fancy-feeling).

Second thing was noticing that as the name suggests ("golden light") this is clearly has yellow undertones, which I WAS looking since i have pink undertones and i didnt wanted to emphasize them.

So...

I got to say that, despite the price, i love this bronzer. Its 100% matte (i contour with it), very pigmented, tends to last on me noticeable 6 hours, fading away 8 hours. Did totally made stop using my Harmony from MAC for quite a while and increased my intentions to buy even DARKER shades so my contour is deeper.
I would buy it again but got to admit maybe golden light wasnt the best choice of colour because its very yellow tone for my pink face but oh well, my bad.

* For those bobbi brown lovers, i use this with the BB bronzer brush and i love it for overall bronzer but doesnt do it that great for sharp contour.

on 12/10/2013 11:19:00 AM

I have bought this bronzer twice now and I consider it a staple. The trick with choosing this shade was to try to mimic the undertones in my natural tan (not very dark but quite yellow) - which means it complements my olive skintone well. The packaging is sleek and compact. The formula is completely matte and build-able which makes it very natural looking on the skin - I will even use it to shade my socket with certain eye looks and it is the perfect colour for me even when I'm at my fairest during the winter. I don't think the price is too bad considering that it is a high-end product and I have had my most recent one for about 2 years (I have just started to hit pan).

on 12/7/2013 11:04:00 AM

This is horrible on me. I wear Warm beige in Bobbi Brown foundation stick, and I can't see this bronzer on my face at all. Have been playing with it for months now with no luck. Going back

on 10/15/2013 10:49:00 PM

My favourite / HG bronzer. The shade is just perfect for my medium, NC30, warm undertone skin. I was looking for a bronzer that is just not too dark, too brown, too chocolaty... for everyday use. I think this bronzer fits the need.
The only downside is obviously the price which is on the expensive side, and the packaging. Although not major, I think it's a bit too big and bulky. Being a practical person, I don't like bring it when travelling, instead I bring the Urban Decay Naked Flushed (a bronzer, highlighter and blush powder palette), which bronzer is similar to this although I'd still prefer this one in terms of shade.

Popular Bronzers