July 23, 2014 | 2064 users online

Top/Base Coats - OPI - Minnie Style

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 8:52:00 PM More reviews by flowersgrimm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

"Minnie Style" is a mix of red, magenta and red medium sized hexagonal glitters, in a clear base. The consistency of the polish is nice and the glitter transfers well with some work to get the glitters evenly over the nail. I would recommend it over anything.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Audralee27

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Opi Minnie Style is a red, white & magenta shaped hexagon glitter in a clear base. This is another one of Opi's latest fun & versatile lacquers that's one fabulous style being chock full of hexagon shaped glitter to make one spectacular polish! I know a lot of people love the various shaped glitters that have recently come out on the market, but get frustrated by the amount of time & messiness involved. I agree that it's more time consuming to apply any of these latest various glitter shaped base coat lacquers & that it can be messy, but the result in the end is worth it! It can be messy, but if you follow some easy & basic time saving steps & tricks; it makes it easier, plus practice makes perfect & after a few times; application becomes much easier. (If interested in some of my tips & time saving tricks when applying glitter based polish, please refer to my Opi's Nothin' Mousie Bout It review where I share my helpful tips.)
Opi Minnie Style lacquer reminds me of confetti which goes together perfectly w/ the Minnie Mouse theme. This lacquer's vibrant, vivid, brilliant, girly, feminine & looks like a mini party in a bottle; Minnie Mouse style; of course! :) For the 2nd yr in a row, Opi's teamed up with Disney & the iconic Minnie Mouse. Opi came out w/ the Vintage Minnie Mouse Collection for summer 2012 which was a huge success. That collection focused on the classic, fashionable, hip & elegant style of Minnie Mouse. Opi then followed up this spectacular collection by coming out w/ the Couture de Minnie Collection for summer 2013. This collection fuses Minnie's classic style intermingled w/ the latest styles & trends.
Opi's Minnie Style is a clear based glitter topcoat bursting w/ red, magenta & white hexagon shaped glitter. The glitter actually spread out more evenly than I had expected, but you can strategically move the hexagon pieces to the desired location on your nail w/ a toothpick w/ somewhat of ease as it's fairly easy to maneuver around the nail. Again, if you need some time saving tips & tricks on how to apply the glitter w/ ease; please refer to my Opi's Nothin Mousie Bout It review. That lacquer's from Minnie Mouse's 2012 Collection & is similar except the glitter pieces are heart shaped. Once you maneuver the hexagon glitter pieces, you must obtain your desired look fairly quickly because the formula dries fairly fast. So~ Yes, there's some work that requires a little time, skill & precision & that's why I gave this lacquer 4 lippies. HOWEVER, this lacquer does serve dual purposes as it can be used as both a topcoat & on its own making it super versatile & a great buy. For some reason when I purchase lacquers that serve dual purposes, I feel like I'm getting more for my money; especially since OPI has gone up in price recently. I don't have a problem paying because I believe you get what you pay for in life & that truly applies to Opi products. Opi's always a quality formula, dries fast, always consistent, extensive & fabulous selection & most important to me, Opi was one of the 1st to go 3 free. Being a young, repeat breast cancer survivor, my health is of top priority so a sense of relief in knowing I'm using a quality product, to me is worth every penny. Formula is slightly on the thick side.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2013 11:14:00 PM More reviews by MES

Clear to very light pink base with medium hexagonal and large square glitters. The hexagonal glitters are pink, red, and white, the large square glitters are white. The base is very thick and almost goopy. The consistency makes this easy to control on the brush and keeps it from dripping, but it can be difficult to control on the nail. It takes about two coats of this to get the desired effect, as one will just give you a few random flecks.