April 21, 2014 | 1033 users online

Liquid - Sephora - 10 HR Wear Perfection Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2014 7:53:00 PM More reviews by laurahx0

I bought this product hoping it would be stay true to its words 'long wear' especially with my semi oily skin. This foundation never really set! Every time I would touch my face I had so much product on my fingers and I feel like it slid off my face by the end of the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 12:30:00 PM More reviews by chellio

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the only liquid foundations that does not break me out. I have very fair, warm/neutral toned skin and I wear the #12 Light Ecru shade. The shade is super close to my skin (closer than any other foundation, and I've tried a handful), and I love it.

I have not broken out from this, and according to CosDNA it does not have any highly comedogenic ingredients (it does have silicones, though, if you're sensitive to those). The coverage is light-medium, I would say, but it is buildable and does a good job of covering my pigmentation issues. It separates on my chin as the day goes on, but that happens with every liquid and is more of an issue with my skin than anything else.

My main gripe is that it does sort of wear off quickly, but I'm trying the Wayne Goss method of applying some loose powder before the liquid, and will update if that helps.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2014 6:13:00 PM More reviews by dolcefan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

HG foundation for me. Goodbye Revlon Color Stay....bye Kat Von D Lock It. I have found a very happy medium between those two and a shade that truly matches my skin! (like a poster below, I find shade 25 perfect for my NC 30 skin, too). I am perplexed by the comments about it being too light in coverage. I am in Europe and numerous comments on this end complain it's a "mask" and "too full." I find it more on the medium, leaning to full scale. What I disliked about KVD Lock It, was it was a tad too dry and maybe toooo full for my needs. Since Revlon Color Stay changed its formula a year or 2 ago, it breaks me out and doesn't wear like it used to. Sephora 10Hr Pefect Wear is amazing for me. It has a pump, blends like a dream, melts into my skin, dries nicely and can be layered in spots you want some extra coverage. There is a nice selection of colors and tones and I will repurchase (again, on second bottle now).
Edited to add: I feel this foundation applies best if you use your fingers. I think the formula gets 'absorbed' a lot in face brushes. I noticed the coverage is far superior when applied with my hands rather than when I use either my Real Techniques face brush or Sephora mineral foundation brush. Perhaps this is also why some people think the coverage is very light.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2014 4:18:00 PM More reviews by s70princess

Overall, I found this foundation to be decent -- not horrible, not life changing, but more positives than negatives. I would give it 3.5 stars leaning towards 4 stars. First off, I have to note that I am a full-coverage kind of girl. This foundation claims to be medium coverage and long lasting. The claim of medicum coverage is accurate, but coverage is definitely on the lighter end of the medium coverage spectrum. I really like the shade selection, I have fair-light NC20ish skin with yellow undertones and the shade cream matches well. I love that it is fragrance free, oil-free, and I really like the frosted bottle with a pump. The texture is light-weight and smooth, not too siliconey and not too slippy. It provides light-medium coverage and feels lightweight on the skin after using setting powder. It doesn't feel heavy and looks quite fresh and natural on my skin, it also doesn't settle into fine lines or get too cakey through the day. Having said that, their claim of it being 10-hr wear is not truly accurate though -- on my combo skin, it doesn't last all day and fades a bit after about 4-5 hours (almost all foundations fade fast on me, so this one isn't too bad in the grand scheme of things). I always touch up with a powder compact through the day, and the good thing is the texture of this foundation doesn't get cakey after oil breakthrough, so when I touch up, it doesn't cake into a mask like some foundations will. I think this foundation might have longer lasting power on someone with normal-dry skin. For me, I like this foundation for everyday wear since it is light-medium coverage and looks fresh and natural on me, makes me look polished but not covered enough for evening or something formal (keep in mind full coverage is my comfort zone). I actually kind of like it more than most of my higher-end foundations (D&G, Armani, Dior, YSL, etc.), good price point for the performance. I would also buy and use this foundation over any drugstore foundation anyday -- the formula, shades and finish definitely suits me better than Revlon Colorstay, Maybelline Superstay, etc.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2014 11:17:00 AM More reviews by applecour

About my skin:
Semi-Sensitive, extremely combo (flaky in some places, fry an egg in others), hormonal cystic acne on chin, hyperpigmentation on chin, freckles, clog prone.

Being that this foundation claims to be anti-pore clogging and it's also water based, I really thought this would work for me. I loved that it claimed to be 10 hour, long wear and medium coverage.

I bought this in the second lightest, and it was the best match for my skin of any foundation I've ever tried. I stippled it on with a flat top brush and set with powder in my t-zone. It looked awesome! Unfortunately, about 3 hours later it started to look patchy and cakey in my oily areas. I tried to blot with powder and papers and smooth out the foundation with a brush and my fingers in the patchy areas. It just made it worse.

I felt so self conscience while wearing it. It started to cling to my flakies and make them more prominent and it really made my acne scarring look noticable and flaky and just gross. It also oxidized to a color way darker than my skin which caused a mask like effect.

Overall, I really wasn't pleased with this foundation. I gave 1 lippies for the color selection, 1 lippy for the great packaging with an awesome pump that you can get just the right amount out with and 1 lippy for the fact that it didn't cause any break outs, but beyond that I can't say much more about it. I've had better results from drug store foundations.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 12:19:00 AM More reviews by ymfoto

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have found my HG foundation! Finally!
To begin, I have very fair olive toned skin, which is difficult to match. The "Light 10" shade was perfect for me, not too yellow, ashy or pink.
It comes in a frosted glass package with a plastic pump which ensures a mess fee application and adds a bit of luxury.

It comes out looking pretty thick for a liquid foundation, but once you apply it, it thins out and blends perfectly into your skin. It dries quickly and I almost instantly feel like I don't have makeup on. You can't even see it up close in natural light. If you are able to spot the foundation sitting on top of your skin, you probably don't have the right shade, because trust me, this stuff looks and feels like skin.

Some of you have complained about the coverage, I honestly think its perfect for evening out dark spots or small blemishes. It is a medium coverage, and definitely buildable, and I believe it does cover redness and light acne, but don't expect full coverage.

The finish gives my skin has a natural glow, leaving it moisturized! My blush and bronzer blend perfectly into it, and like I said, it just looks so natural, day and night. It definitely lasts all day, and doesn't budge unless I touch my face too much, which I feel inclined to do because I forget I'm wearing makeup.

Try it out, I think a lot of people will like it as a basic every day foundation. It's around $20, which most drugstore foundations cost these days anyways.

Good job, Sephora! Will repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2014 6:46:00 PM More reviews by Aylapc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Not a fan. Bought this after reviews on here and I was very disappointed. Very little coverage and not buildable. After an hour it looks cakey and you have to reapply.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2014 4:14:00 PM More reviews by prettytomboy8

I bought this foundation in 05 porcelain, and loved it when I first put it on. The consistency was great (not too runny, not too thick - very easy to apply and blend), the color matched incredibly well (which is very difficult given that my skin is paler than the fairest shade in almost any given brand) and it did not seem to oxidize, dry up, cause acne or have any otherwise adverse affects on my skin. However, about 10 minutes after I took the foundation off for the night (used makup remover, showered and moisturized as normal) my skin started PEELING. I mean, just flakes coming off every which way. It was awful. It may have had something to do with the hyaluronic acid that's intended to smooth your skin, but maybe not. I had a similar reaction when I tried a free sample of the Sephora brand makeup remover. I've reached the sad conclusion that I should never put any sephora brand product near my face.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2014 12:42:00 AM More reviews by kazzacamps

This foundation was okay - not bad, not great. I did feel it gave my skin a warm glow, which was nice, but as the winter season came it felt a little too orangey for my tone. The coverage was good enough to camouflage any redness or acne scars, but if it put on too thin it will wear out. It goes on smoothly, though it will come off if rubbed/touched too much through out the day. It was an okay foundation, but probably not worth the price tag.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2013 10:47:00 AM More reviews by Kathy123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow, look at the bad reviews here. I am in love with this foundation. For years, I had used Estee Lauder Double Wear and Revlon Colorstay. EL was good quality but the shades were all off. Revlon's quality was poor and because of the bad quality my skin started looking and feeling duller over the years. When I started using this, I did not have high hopes for it. After all, I am a foundation junkie. To my surprise, this stays on the whole day (on my very oily skin). It does not oxidize or make my skin greasy. The shade 25 is perfect for my NC30 skin. In fact, MAC's shade in NC30 is too yellow for me but this is the exact match. I usually wear bronzer or a mineral powder over it and I am good for more than 16 hours. The best thing about this foundation is that it has done wonders for my skin. My face looks firmer and more hydrated. Love this and highly recommend it. Let's hope Sephora does not discontinue it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No