Sephora 10 HR Wear Perfection Foundation

3.7

Water, Dimethicone, Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Isohexadecane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Alcohol, Propanediol, Butylene Glycol, Polybutene, Acrylates Copolymer, Ci 77492 (Iron Oxides), Ozokerite, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Peg-10, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cellulose, Ci 77491 (Iron Oxides), Sodium Potassium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Propylene Carbonate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Bht, Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides), Silica, Sodium Hyaluronate.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I tried this in store today and wore it around the mall for about 2 hrs and then to the grocery store for an additional hour. It went on beautifully on the parts of my skin that are smooth and flat, however where I have large pores and dry skin my imperfections were magnetized. It covered purple/blue skin (like under eye circles) very well. It took a while to dry on my skin and felt wet for a long time. Wearing this with a setting powder would probably be a great idea. Now that about 4-5 hrs have passed I can tell you that the coverage has faded significantly and the purple/blue skin is visible again. I wouldn't purchase a foundation that doesn't perform well upon application and throughout 4-5 hrs. Especially if it's $20 and especially if it claims to have 10 hr wear.

on 7/24/2015 2:57:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I was matched to the color "Porcelain" in store. The woman put this on me and it looked fabulous! However- the next time I used it, I was not impressed. While it does give great coverage when you put it on, within a few hours it literally melts off your face. I blame my oily skin, but this is not a foundation for oily gals. It broke me out a bit as well. Will probably continue to be on the hunt for my perfect foundation, but until then, I'll use this until it runs out.

on 6/7/2015 2:34:00 PM

I tried my 2 other sephora foundations that were discontinued, so i thought this would be the same , but no it was too cakey, covered well, but did not give a glow like my other 2 foundations.

price was too much for a not so good product, I would not purchase this again.

Eyes: Violet

I had this foundation in porcelain and it oxidized much darker. Not for those of us who are fair. Coverage was decent and the pump was nice
Not repurchasing

on 4/14/2015 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Although I found a shade that matches my skin perfectly (the only foundation that is a spot on match), the lasting power is lacking. I get oily quite quickly and this does not hold up. After 2-3 hrs I start looking shiny and by the end of my day, there's just not much foundation left. Coverage is good, I still need concealer for my darker acne scars, and it blends very easily. If only it held up better to oily skin. I'm sure this would work better on those with normal or dry skin.

on 3/18/2015 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

This line from Sephora gives high end quality at a reasonable price. Like many have pointed out, it runs on the warmer side and while I am very yellow toned, I purchased 1 shade darker in neutral. But it blended seamlessly once I found my color. Adding this to my favorites list.

on 3/18/2015 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My favorite foundation! One of the few I have found that covers well and keeps me from getting oily early in the day. It also doesn't break me out, which is a big deal since I have very sensitive skin. The pump works well for dispensing, and the bottle lasts a long time and is pretty affordable.

on 3/4/2015 8:13:00 AM

This foundation needs a LOT more attention!It is an excellent alternative to much more costly,high-end foundations.I purchased my first bottle last spring in the shade26 "peach" medium which is in the yellow category.I am an NC25-30 depending on the time of year so this is the spring&fall color.
The fact that it is in a pump,glass bottle speaks a lot for the attention to detail in creating this foundation.I need about 2 pumps,blended in with a beauty blender type sponge for medium to full coverage.I do use this over a hydrating primer as I like a satin finish.It does last 10 hours with a primer,without around 6-8 hours.I purchased a lighter shade in the Fall,#12 "Clair" which is classified as neutral but is very yellow in tone.I ended-up mixing the 2 colors for a lighter overall look.
This foundation has no scent,is very close to a cream in consistency,shades tend to run on the yellow side so you really have to try them in Sephora.I have used higher-end foundations and this one has second-skin technology which is compatible with the much more expensive MUFE HD foundation.
Sephora 10hr.wear perfection foundation has no parabens,no scent,no sunscreen,medium buildable coverage and is oil-free.The price is around$22and it is wrapped in plastic with a breakable seal,no box.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

It was a nice finish but it made me break out and just kind of sat on my face. The coverage for some reason wasn't build able like I was told it was and after returning this foundation twice because both times the colors that were supposed to match my skin tone didn't, I can say that I won't be using this again. 0/0 would not recommend

on 2/22/2015 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is a solid, well-priced foundation option. I purchased it while on a hunt for a less-dewy alternative to my beloved MAC Studio Sculpt (dewiness tends to emphasize raised blemishes, so I wanted a more matte foundation for the breakout-y days when I need to make my skin look flatter). I'm glad that I went for this over the higher priced options available at Sephora.

This successfully creates a matte face without making you look like a china doll. It is breathable and doesn't feel like it is sucking the moisture out of your skin, like some matte foundations. It's definitely not full coverage, and I haven't had much luck with building it up to cover blemishes. You will want a good concealer to go along with this, if you have anything significant to cover up. it didn't cause me any breakout issues.

Two caveats. One, the golden-toned colors in their range are REALLY yellow. Still wearable on me, but not as great a match as I'd hope for. And second, this absolutely will not last you 10 hours. I usually get 5-6 out of it, which is my main reason for not repurchasing once I've finished the bottle. When I wear this to work, I'll often look in the mirror after my lunch break and be like "Nope..." It just sort of disappears, the coverage wanes, etc. It also does not keep me matte all day. I set it with Makeup Forever HD Powder too, so it's not like I'm not giving it help. It also doesn't have SPF, and while the glass bottle looks very pretty and high end, it's not practical for those of us who store this on top of a bureau or travel with it. It's come unscrewed a bunch of times on me, and let me tell you, it is not fun to have to clean foundation off of all of your other products.