September 17, 2014 | 978 users online

Liquid - Sephora - 10 HR Wear Perfection Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2014 7:10:00 PM More reviews by luxlisbon15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

So, almost a month ago I finally made the switch from drugstore brands to high end brands and I purchases this stuff after being matched at Sephora for the first time. Needless to say, this stuff rocks! I use it over my Sephora smoothing makeup base primer and I love it. It leaves a very youthful dewy glow to my face and I was matched perfectly so I adore it. It didn't break me out or irritate my skin in the slightest. The only reason I didn't give this a 5/5 was because it doesn't have SPF. :( Other than that, it's a great product that I highly recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2014 8:57:00 PM More reviews by catlike

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

This foundation has great coverage and hangs on throughout the day (it even takes two washes to get it off my fingers!). The only thing it is missing is sunscreen. Now, I was in Madrid and Barcelona for 10 days in the summer sun before I realized this foundation had no sunscreen. However, I didn't get sunburned. Maybe the heavy coverage provides some protection?

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2014 4:39:00 PM More reviews by NorCalBabe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My mom gave this to me because her friend didn't like it and it was more my color.
I tried it for a few days and noticed how incredibly yellow it made my skin look! That's to start....also the coverage was just way too much for me. I have good skin and don't need much help to cover up many things, except some slight veins but it was very drying on my skin and looked very "cakey". I only used 2 little drops and got this effect. Glad it was handed down and didn't have to shell out $$$!! Would not purchase on my own.

Price-I had to give this one lipstick because I had no other choice---Makeup Alley, change your settings please :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2014 2:29:00 AM More reviews by princesskellypso

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

At first I loved it, it really does last a long time and has med-heavy coverage. Now I realize I have been getting horrible deep cystic acne since I started using it... I didn't change my eating, use any different lotions, nothing different and I almost NEVER get deep pimples like that and I've gotten 4 in one month one right after the other. It can only be this. BUT, if it doesn't make you break out, it is awesome (which is why I gave it 4 lippies).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2014 2:31:00 AM More reviews by kimmaria

I was so sick of using drugstore foundations that were too think/thick, smelly, made me break out, etc. I am SO picky with my foundation as its the product that goes all OVER your face so it better be good. I tried lancome and I find this so much better. I have combination skin and I regularly work out at the gym and this is the only foundation that I found that felt like it wasn't even there even when I was sweating my face off and still hold on at the end.

Pros:
-no break-outs! Yay!
-no need for powder. My clinques press powder is basically collecting dust for over a year now..hah
-feels light. That's one of my biggest pet peeve and thank God this feels like my second skin!
- medium build able coverage.
- lasts me 6-8 hours...all day basically for me.
- packaging is a pump and its so awesome. You can control how much you want and its so much more sanitary than those icky wands. I honestly dropped this SO many times and the glass container hasn't broken on me yet. Impressive!

Cons:
-It can be pricey especially if you use foundation everyday. Up here its 22$ Canadian...BUT for the quality you are getting...I almost don't even care for paying double the typical drugstore foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2014 1:46:00 AM More reviews by jackuzzi1212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! Amazing coverage and it definitely lasts all day. The packaging and everything about it is perfect. I bought it for $20 which is well worth it, and not expensive at all for the quality. Only complaint is that it isn't the BEST for oily skin. It is workable but definitely not made for people with oily skin type.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by loucat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

At first this foundation made my skin look youthful and didn't emphasize my fine lines , it also covered up my melasama but disappointing about midday my face looked greasy and oily to the point i had to apply pressed powder which i normally don't have to apply.

Update: i decided to try the sephora 10 hr foundation with a lighter moisturizer instead of the heavier cream moisturizer that i normally have to use because of my age, and boy what a difference i have fallen in love with this foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2014 7:53:00 PM More reviews by laurahx0

I bought this product hoping it would be stay true to its words 'long wear' especially with my semi oily skin. This foundation never really set! Every time I would touch my face I had so much product on my fingers and I feel like it slid off my face by the end of the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 12:30:00 PM More reviews by chellio

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the only liquid foundations that does not break me out. I have very fair, warm/neutral toned skin and I wear the #12 Light Ecru shade. The shade is super close to my skin (closer than any other foundation, and I've tried a handful), and I love it.

I have not broken out from this, and according to CosDNA it does not have any highly comedogenic ingredients (it does have silicones, though, if you're sensitive to those). The coverage is light-medium, I would say, but it is buildable and does a good job of covering my pigmentation issues. It separates on my chin as the day goes on, but that happens with every liquid and is more of an issue with my skin than anything else.

My main gripe is that it does sort of wear off quickly, but I'm trying the Wayne Goss method of applying some loose powder before the liquid, and will update if that helps.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2014 6:13:00 PM More reviews by dolcefan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

HG foundation for me. Goodbye Revlon Color Stay....bye Kat Von D Lock It. I have found a very happy medium between those two and a shade that truly matches my skin! (like a poster below, I find shade 25 perfect for my NC 30 skin, too). I am perplexed by the comments about it being too light in coverage. I am in Europe and numerous comments on this end complain it's a "mask" and "too full." I find it more on the medium, leaning to full scale. What I disliked about KVD Lock It, was it was a tad too dry and maybe toooo full for my needs. Since Revlon Color Stay changed its formula a year or 2 ago, it breaks me out and doesn't wear like it used to. Sephora 10Hr Pefect Wear is amazing for me. It has a pump, blends like a dream, melts into my skin, dries nicely and can be layered in spots you want some extra coverage. There is a nice selection of colors and tones and I will repurchase (again, on second bottle now).
Edited to add: I feel this foundation applies best if you use your fingers. I think the formula gets 'absorbed' a lot in face brushes. I noticed the coverage is far superior when applied with my hands rather than when I use either my Real Techniques face brush or Sephora mineral foundation brush. Perhaps this is also why some people think the coverage is very light.