April 19, 2014 | 1116 users online

Crème - MUD foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2013 7:52:00 PM More reviews by Teefpaste

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ok, I'm a foundation junkie, there I said it!

Over the years my needs and wants from a foundation have changed, when I was younger I wanted full coverage matte; cue EL double wear, MAC pro longwear, Rimmel stay matte etc....

As I got older I still wanted matte for my combination skin, but a more natural looking matte; cue Chanel Mat Lumiere and Shiseido sun protection liquid foundation (which I still adore)..

Now as a 30 year old I wanted skin.... not my actual skin, but a better looking more even toned version of my skin.... I give you MUD or more formally, make up designory.

This is a silicone based foundation that gives sheer to full coverage (dependant on application) that claims to stay put on your skin for 12 or so hours.... hmmmm not too sure about that, but 8hrs with a primer beneath and a powder touch up; achievable.

I've applied this with a beauty blender, a stippling brush, a real techniques expert face brush and my fingers all of which don't really impact the end result.
The youtube vid suggests using a damp sponge for application if you have a combination to oily skin, as the sponge will lift the foundation pigment more than the oil in the product.

Does this look like skin? Yes.... sort of...Have I found a foundation that looks like skin? Indeed I have check out my review of maqpro fard creme

For reference: I am an olive NC35-NC42 depending on sun worshiping hours... currently NC37 and a YG2 in MUD creme foundation or a YG3 in MUD when I'm NC40

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No