April 20, 2014 | 988 users online

Styling Products - Organix - Moroccan surf paste

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by maekay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Alright, so Garnier's Surf Paste, I'm sorry, I mean Surfer Hair Power Putty, turned on me. And with a name like that, I'm glad to ditch it. I decided I needed something with more tack and weight but still adding texture that didn't make my hair FEEL heavy and gross. Seems impossible, but you ladies who are into your hair products have got to know what I mean by that. I tried Garnier's Pixie Play cream but holy, crap! What a fail! (I wrote a review if you're interested). Moving on!

So, the new hunt for the perfect texturizer finishing paste was on. I was almost going to buy this when I saw how cheap Pixie Play was and opted for that at first run (and that got returned pronto, I mean, like NEXT DAY turn around---here's my receipt, take this devil off my hands!). In exchange I got this.

LOVE. IT. Smells great, works fabulous. How to describe? It's like, if KMS Hair Play Paste and old school Garnier Surf Paste were hybridized. Or how about, if FX Surf Head (a former fave) and Garnier Surf Paste got together? It's just tacky enough, finishes my ends and separates layers really beautifully and adds perfect texture. It smells so pleasant, just kind of sweet, yet clean and mild. I had a slight learning curve, you definitely don't need much at all, like two small-ish dabs to get some product on your fingers, rub into/all over your fingers to warm it up and then just work it through your ends as you like. I always just wipe off any residue on my body towel from after a shower and my hands are tack free after. Is that weird? Hey, it works.

Anyway, sorry if that was TMI. But I really like this and I think you get a TON of product for your money, especially considering you only need a little each time you use it. Hope this helps! I'm super picky with my hair products. For the record, I have hair that is just past my shoulders in length so, it's not just for the ladies with the cute short bobs and pixies, you too, can have hair that is both flowy, yet perfectly texturized. Enjoy!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2013 3:01:00 PM More reviews by haleyhay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this product. It gives me really nice goldilocks curls. This is a very sticky pomade that smells nice and perfumey. You have to use a very small amount of this product because if you use too much it can give your hair a sticky texture, I use just enough to thinly coat my hands in it and lightly scrunch. For this same reason I use it when my hair is slightly damp right before it's almost all dry. When I use this it helps control my frizz and holds my curls pretty well until the next wash.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2013 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Catronw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Smells nice like coconut sun screen, the smell seems to linger though so if you don't like it, don't get it. I'm using this on my short almost pixie style hair to give it a texurized messy look and with such short hair its easy to use way too much. Usually I try to just dab a finger in the wax and then melt it in my palms and that is usually a good amount. Scrunching and brushing my hair back with my fingers gives the voluminous sticky-up look I'm going for while holding my bangs in place. I won't need to buy another one of these FOR AGES, because its so huge but I think if I don't find one that surpasses this and is perhaps creamier I would repurchase.