April 20, 2014 | 1333 users online

Treatments - Chanel - Le Weekend de Chanel

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by dhuynh

just bought this last week and I LOVE how my skin feels and looks. I highly recommend buying this, it is a bit expensive, but worth it

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by AS437

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

After hearing some really great things about Le Weekend, I decided to try the product out for myself. I purchased it from a Chanel counter at a department store, and also received generous samples of Le Jour and La Nuit. I used Le Weekend in conjunction with my samples of Le Jour and La Nuit, as I was told that the three products are meant to be used together in order to resynchronize and have maximum effects.

Each of the products in the line has unique ingredients. Le Jour has salicylic acid, La Nuit has hyaluronic acid, and Le Weekend has glycolic acid. As the names imply, Le Jour is meant to be used during the day, La Nuit during the night, and Le Weekend over the weekend. This was my first time using glycolic acid so I was unsure of what to expect. Overall, I was very impressed with Le Weekend (and the other two products as well). After using Le Weekend for two weeks (only on the weekends, after cleansing and with no other skin products except for eye cream), my skin appears to be a lot smoother, more radiant, and my pores look great. Additionally, I feel as if my skin isn't as oily as usual. Of course, it's hard to say that the great effects are due only to Le Weekend, as I have been using Le Jour and La Nuit religiously for the past few weeks as well.

For me, the benefits include the great effects on my skin (smoothness, radiance, less oiliness and smaller pores), the smell of the product (a very light smell), and the simplicity (using the product alone without having to worry about layering anything else on). A note to those who may be scent-sensitive: All three products in this line contain scent -Le Weekend seems to be the least scented to me and La Nuit has a heavy fragrance (although I think it smells great).

The drawbacks include the price ($115 plus tax in Canada), and the packaging. Although the packaging looks beautiful, there's no way to see how much product is left and it feels incredibly cheap (as it's made out of plastic). Why Chanel couldn't use a better quality plastic or even glass is beyond me -especially considering the price of the product and the quality of packaging materials that other luxury brands at similar price points use.

Anyway, overall I was impressed with Le Weekend and would definitely purchase it again. After I finish my samples of Le Jour and La Nuit, I will be purchasing those two as well. I would have given this product 5 stars, but took one off due to a combination of the price point, the fact that you can't see how much product is left, and that you probably need to purchase Le Jour and La Nuit in order to achieve maximum results.

Ingredients:
Aqua, caprylic/capric triglyceride, cyclohexsiloxane, glycolic acid, alcohol, glycerin, arginne, steareth-2, steareth-21, glycol stearate se, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolymer, cetyl alcohol, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, rosa centifolia flower water, hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, sodium hydroxide, dimethicone, tocopheryl acetate, parfum (fragrance), xanthan gum, salicylic acid, tetrasodium edta, silica, phenoxyethanol

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No