April 18, 2014 | 2031 users online

Foundations - Yves Saint Laurent - Youth Liberator Serum Foundation SPF 20

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love the packaging! And I like the shades they have. This foundation feels very hydrating and natural. Feels very smooth and nice on my skin.
I never tried any YSL product but this cute bottle caught my eye and I got a sample. I was pretty sceptical at first as I thought it's another expensive product that does not live up to standards. But I was actually very impressed by how good quality this foundation is!
Let me start by saying that it is very easy to apply, the color matches my skin tone very well (B30 - winter time when Im not tanned, otherwise B40 or BR40 is good shade for summer) and looks very natural. I wore it for about 8 hours and at the end of the day, my foundation was still perfect, did not feel greasy, sticky or cakey. It is medium-full coverage.
I love the fact that it contains SPF 20 and anti-aging serum. Perfect combination, that's exactly what I like as my Armani foundation does not contain SPF, and I had to use it separate.
I know it's very pricey- $70 for foundation is a lot! However, I might purchase it, as I loved it so much. I will wear it for a week or two and then update my review, if any changes.
P.S. BR means Beige Rose and these shades have a rosy/pink undertone. BD means Beige Dore and these shades have a golden undertone. B stands for Beige and these shades are more neutral in undertone. For this particular formula however, shade B30 stands out and is a bit different from the other "B" shades, as it has very strong yellow-peach undertones.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2014 7:21:00 PM More reviews by dierregi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this product after having used the Armani foundation for years. I loved the Armani but I wanted to try something new. I was not really convinced, but the SA applied the product very thoroughly with a brush and I liked the final result.

At home I tried to apply it following her instructions. I have normal skin with thin lines and I like a good coverage rather than sheer finishing. I also use a primer and I was a bit unsure about applying the foundation on top of it.

Turns out the result was amazing. The primer and the foundation give me the right coverage, with a glowing, long lasting finishing. My skin feel well hydrated during the day (I apply the make up in the morning and it must last until the evening). I am very pleased with the result and I like YSL even more than the Armani.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2014 6:11:00 AM More reviews by lilicansu

This foundation is so overrated! I am always a big fan if YSL. I have tried Teint Resist, Touche Eclat and never been disappointted. Although it is quite expensive, i wanted to give it a go, thinking that you cannot go wrong with YSL.
Yea, the bottle is so beautiful but unfortunately the product is not that good.

It did not stay no more than 3 hours.
It leaves your face sticky and it looks cakey.
I found the texture is very similar to Bourjois 123 foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Roxlet

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my new favorite foundation, and I have put several others aside. I love the hydration and the coverage. I bought too dark a shade, which I will save for summer, and have been working with a sample that's one shade lighter, and I love it. I have been testing it against some Hourglass foundations, and there is no comparison for me. It absolutely does not sit in my pores, and my skin looks great for hours afterward. Before this, I was going between a Le Metier de Beauté foundation and a Clinique foundation. This has them both beat hands down.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by leilei465

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite foundations, along with Chanel's Perfection Lumiere. I think the packaging is gorgeous, which is admittedly one of the major reasons I purchased it. The consistency is on the thicker side, and it gives medium coverage. I prefer to power my face after application to ensure that it doesn't fade away quickly. Overall, this is a good foundation, and I do recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2014 1:13:00 AM More reviews by m3iii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Firstly, the packaging is amazing! It comes in a glass bottle and is disbursed through a pump.
The foundation feels light and smooth on the skin and gives medium-high coverage.
Best applied with the fingers as it can look cakey when used with a brush or sponge.
As the foundation is formulated with a serum base, it gives a nice dewy glow and makes the skin look radiant and healthy. However, i would not recommend this product for oily skin types as it may cause the skin to appear shiny.

Overall, good as a daily foundation for a natural finish, however if you are after something to last through the night and resist sweat - do not purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2013 6:46:00 PM More reviews by lara90

I was kind of disappointed with this at first. This was my first high-end foundation purchase and I got mismatched in shade, which is kind of the brandĀ“s fault because the color selection isnĀ“t great for fair skintones. I also felt that it really clinged to my dry patches as winter got closer and my skin got worse, it looked like a hot mess and this foundation didnĀ“t help at all. I recently started using a grainless, exfoliating cleanser from Biotherm that has really kept dryness at bay and now I LOVE this! The color is still a problem of course, but I mix it with NYX HD studio in their lightest shade (which is too light for me and I also hated the product at first for the same reason as I did this foundation) and it looks beautiful! It color corrects my redness really well and gives a natural glow. IĀ“d recommend using exfoliating cleansers, if you have dry skin, before using this product because it does cling to dry patches and makes them stand out (as I have found with other serum foundations as well, like Bourjois healthy mix serum). The packaging is probably the most beautiful I have ever seen, but the pump is a little stiff so itĀ“s hard to control the amount that comes out. Overall good product but I think IĀ“ll try a different high-end foundation when IĀ“m done with this one, like the Touche Eclat or Chanel Vitalumiere.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2013 6:41:00 PM More reviews by LillyWish

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

My dear god! The smell of this foundation actually made me sick! It reminds me of old women and toilettes......... My friends could smell this foundation on my while we were having dinner. That tells us that the scent does not go away shortly after application.

It spread easily, it lasted on my combo skin for maybe 2-3 hours, now I'm shining like I was using YSL Teint Touche Eclat.

And for the price? Not worth it!!

At the moment I'm using Dior Nude, Armani Lasting Silk and Dolce & Gabbana Matte Foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2013 8:37:00 AM More reviews by thunderbird

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Don't know why I bought this , I have been wearing the touche eclat version and love how it looks but was keen to try this one for it's supposed youth serum qualities.
So disappointed , the shade I got was a great skin match for me but the SA tried two shades before deciding on bd30 .
I was initailly impressed then when i sent a pic to my daughter she said I looked like a ghost ..ho hum maybe the spf . I carried on wearing for a few days.
I had been putting this on in the early am in artificial light and merrily going through my day , quite chuffed with my new foundation. Today I had the day off and put it on in the daylight and looked in a x5 magnifying mirror . SHOCK HORROR at what was staring back at me. The foundation settles in my pores , emphasises my dry skin areas and generally looked terrible. I have combination skin . I am 51 but good skin for my age other thanfine lines around eyes and stupid large pores.
*note to self always to check in magnifying mirror in daylight
I returned it to the ysl counter today and recieved a full refund. She commented on how much better the touche version looks on me ....and probably wondered why the heck I wanted to change ?! her explanation was that the youth one has a creamy powdery base that will sit in pores whereas the touche is gel based and sits on top of the skin.
So I am sticking with the touche eclat version ...someone slap me if I stray again!!!!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by HudaYassin

I really wanted to like this..if not love it..but I was quite disappointed !
It claims to have skin benefits as well as provide longlasting lightweight full coverage..hmm
Pros:
-hygienic dispenser
-Good colour match..nice range..neutral/cool/warm shades..so if your pale it won't give you a yellow hue
-lightweight but if your used to ysl touchƩ foundation this may feel heavier
-no irritation..I have sensitive/reactive skin
-coverage medium and you can certainly build to full
-doesn't seem to oxidise quickly

Cons-
-Price...can't justify paying that much for nearly nothing in return Ā£34
-it's not long lasting it lasts 3 hours max...AND I HAVE DRY SKIN..it literally melted off
-speaking of dry skin...despite double moisturising..this looked cakey/powdery and settled in a pattern on my face...the ysl lady claims its dewy ..lol
-heavily scented/fragrance that's puts you off a bit..think Dior forever but worse

If you want similar but at Ā£10 or less..l'oreal true match..good shades and similar outcome

I'm sticking to benefit and Sisley :)

I have a nearly full bottle sitting on my dressing table..it shall oxidise in that glass jar until I decide to chuck it next spring clean.
Hope this has been helpful

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No