Yves Saint Laurent Youth Liberator Serum Foundation SPF 20

3.7

Active ingredient: Octinoxate 4% water, diemthicone, glycerin, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, isododecane, PEG-8, nylon-12, propanediol, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, hexyl laurate, PEG-20, phenoxyethanol, magnesium sulfate, dimethiconol, caprylyl glycol, disodium stearoyl glutamate, fragrance, panthenol, disteardimonium hectorite, tocopherol, propylene carbonate, aluminum hydroxide, adenosine, rhamnose, chondrus cripus (carrageenan), linalool, alpha-isomethyl ionone, limonene, hydroxypropyl tetrahydropyrantriol, geraniol, citronellol, coumarin; may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides

Okay look, I know this foundation is a small fortune, but it's the best foundation on earth! I don't take this expense lightly, so coming to this conclusion took a long time and a lot of research. I went on a quest, over several trips to Nordies to obtain a sample of....everything! And, even though I couldn't be matched in Chanel, ( that was unfortunate) i got the closest color as to not leave that brand out. These were generous samples, and I used them each until they were gone. Then, I got to this one. It's the silkiest, creamiest, best coverage, with the softest feel you can possibly imagine. The color selection was great. It isn't just wearing makeup it actually improves your skin by wearing it. They say it contains the 200 dollar serum that YSL sells and yes, ( I got a sample of that too) I loved it but come on, 200 dollars! But, luckily that is in this foundation and apparently it's patented ingredient which is owned by Loreal helps to stimulate collagen. I know you've heard that before, but it really does make a noticeable improvement in skin, not many foundations can say that, they just look good for the moment, and don't get me wrong, you will look amazing for the moment in this one too. I just feel it is definitely worth the money, and that no other brand can beat it, if you have normal to dry skin.

on 7/18/2015 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

New HG foundation. Yes, it's pricey, but this is coming from someone who is willing to shell out money for a Cle de Peau foundation!

I don't know what took me so long to discover this foundation. It's not a foundation that usually targeted to someone my age (mid 20s), but I prefer this one over all other YSL foundations. B40 is a spot on match for me (I'm between NC25-NC30, leaning towards NC30) and I love the slightly dewy finish this foundation has. It's fantastic for my dry skin. It doesn't highlight any flaky spots and goes on well with just fingers. The texture is fantastic and gives light to medium coverage, buildable to medium. It can get a little too dewy if it's warm, but it's nothing that a little loose powder can't fix beforehand.

With a small amount of powder, this becomes the most natural, skin like foundation ever. Lasting power is quite good too. There is a light floral scent (similar to Chanel), but is much more preferable to the scent of YSL Touche Eclat (which I can't stand).

on 3/19/2015 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

The reason I am giving this foundation only three stars is that it is just not appropriate for oily skin. By midday my skin is extremely oily and I think for this reason it has caused me to break out.

However, I am gutted this has happened because apart from this it seems like the perfect foundation!

1. The lightest colour suits my extremely fair skin perfectly and it was great to find a perfect shade in a foundation that was not MAC, as I hate the heavy coverage MAC foundations give.

2. It is really easy to build up. For me one pump is perfect for day time and two pumps for going out at night. Because the liquid is so good it is really easy to blend and doesn't look caked on.

3. It gives a lovely luminous finish and makes my skin glow. It also gives the skin an amazing dewy finish which I believe looks so much more natural and youthful than matte foundations I have used.

4. I also really love the skincare element of this foundation. While I don't have wrinkles (I'm only 24) I did have fine lines around my eyes, could have been dehydrated skin, and these have pretty much disappeared since using this product. Some of the reviews say that use of this foundation has had no effect on reducing wrinkles, and while I can't attest to this, it could be a great product for younger skin that needs a bit of 'refreshing'. I definitely believe it has helped to plump up the areas on my face where the skin is starting to thin slightly.

I would 100% recommend this to people without oily skin as it has so many positives. Sure the price is high, but I think it is worth it for a product that is easy to use and looks absolutely gorgeous. Give it a try, it could easily be many peoples HG foundation.

on 2/19/2015 3:42:00 AM

...for this heavy as hell price tag, I expect for a foundation to speak 5 languages...
this one sadly doesn't...maybe it is a great spin of of the much beloved plain serum liberator (never tried it), with some colouring, so I'm maybe not the right person to say wether it is good or not...
but,it is not....at all...
this has no coverage,greases skin like nothing else I've tried, gives a tired,shiny look and overall it is not worth the money....
sheer non existing coverage,but a good shade selection though(same as YSL Le teint touche eclat foundation which is way better)...
so,in one word- a fail for me..

on 2/12/2015 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is probably my favorite foundation, along with Touche Eclat. The formulation of this is between runny and thick, and it is creamy, smooth, and long lasting. It is a medium-buildable coverage with a radiant finish that looks like skin. It's so natural and blends incredibly. I have very dry skin (dry patches galore), but it is virtually flawless, and I'm young so most foundations are going to look and perform well on me. This blows me away, though. It doesn't settle into any dry patches and feels so comfortable and hydrating on the skin. The glow it gives you makes it look like you're wearing nothing but just have naturally perfect skin. I'm not sure about the skincare benefits, but I do know it feels incredible on the skin. The packaging is perfect, too because the pump dispenses just enough and the bottle feels expensive and luxurious. I would recommend this to all skin types as long as you prep accordingly. It's amazing. The only reason I might not repurchase is because it's obscenely expensive and I am trying to find something similar but less expensive. But if I don't, I will come back to this.

on 2/7/2015 11:36:00 PM

As much as I wanted to love this foundation, I sadly didn't. Being described as a medium-full natural-matte finish is what drew me in. Also having anti-aging properties and SPF - can't get better than that. I even read reviews were people with oily skin praised it. It sounded too good to be true!

First off thank you YSL for catering to fair neutral skins. The color B10 is a great match for my pale but not pink skin tone. Kudos to that!

About me; Very fair and neutral as described above. I have combo skin. Dry in my lower cheeks and nose folds but moderately oily in my t-zone with my nose being the biggest offender. I have large pores on my nose. Keeping those covered is a must.

First applying this foundation it went on great and it covered all my pores pretty well. I used two layers trying to get a full coverage but it was always medium at best. I am used to very full coverages though like Est�e Lauder Double Wear and Kat Von D Lock It foundations. Those are full; while YSL YLSF left me reaching for concealer to cover up the few freckles still visable. Two layers did cover up any redness though quite nicely so if redness is all you have to mask, you might be happy with YSL YLSF.

After about 2 hours I noticed shine on my nose which powder quickly fixed. Four hours later and the shine was back but also noticed redness on my chin poking through and less to zero foundation in that area. Six hours later and my face is a shiny mess and it looks like I'm not wearing foundation any more. My pores are all visable and look extra large.

For $69 I want a darn near perfect foundation and this wasn't it for me. If you have very dry skin with not much you want to mask you will probably be satisfied with this foundation. I prefer a full coverage that lasts at least 8 hours and this it was not.

"Holy grail" dreams crushed. :(

on 1/30/2015 7:02:00 PM

Oh my gosh. This one of the HOLY GRAIL foundations for me.
I absolutely adore medium-full coverage foundations and this one is just that, it's perfect. It has a slightly dewy finish - which I thought I would hate, but it is absolutely beautiful. My skin looks so healthy!
I got extremely lucky and found that BR20 was the perfect shade for me. It sinks into my skin, covers my pores and makes me feel so beautiful - I even got a few comments in my local Mac store!
Anyway, for me...this foundation is perfect. Perfect packaging, perfect product, perfect everything!

on 1/3/2015 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am halfway through my bottle of this foundation. I give it 3 lippies as I am neither happy nor extremely unhappy with it. I like that it claims to have skin care benefits, though I personally have not seen any skin improvements that I would attribute to this foundation.
Likes:
- nice texture (not so thick, but a creamy, sort of serum consistency)
- blends easily (i find i don't even need a brush to apply)
- medium coverage
- feels nice on the skin (you know that it has skin care in it)
- packaging (the pump gives out small amounts of product each time. *I prefer this over pumps that give out too much at a time)
- for my oily skin, works better with a mattifying hydrator (I use Caudalie's)
Dislikes:
- too expensive for what it offers
- leaves a shiny film on my oily skin after a few hours
- not exactly heavy, but does not provide a natural look either. I prefer YSL's Touche Eclat foundation in this respect.

I plan to use up my bottle, just because I would hate to waste it, and because it is kind of okay anyway. But I don't think I will get another bottle. I tend to buy mainly high-end foundations, and this one is simply not up there on my list of favourites. I have a feeling it would work well for mature, dry skin types.

on 12/4/2014 10:12:00 AM

I recently bought the touche eclat foundation and loved it and the fusion ink and loved that too so i thought i must love this too right? Wrong, here's a conparison:
Touche eclat: light, gel based seamlessly fills in my pores. Doesn't last the longest on oily skin but I love the finish so much that I have to wear it. Always get compliments on it. My colour B30
Fusion ink: doesnt look miraculous but is the easiest to wear all day. So light, definitely a matte finish covers well, runny formula, my comfortable 10 hour shift at work foundation. My colour BD40
Youth liberator serum: easy to blend wear colour B30 (slightly darker than touche eclat B30). The finish is definitely less luminous than touche eclat, my friends have confirmed this. Great foundation but if you have very large pores (not many people have my problem) then this sits in them like a mousse foundation as my skin produces oil. Like something like when i wore dream matte by maybelline. This is definitely not matte but also feels a lot heaver than touche eclat and does have better coverage. As id rather let my skin breathe this is a miss for me. If you have large pores and are oily probably wont work. I will be sticking to the other two and when i want an in between matte and luminous i just mix them and they work perfectly.

on 9/3/2014 6:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Very pricey foundation,, perhaps its the built in skin-care that jolt the price up.

Anyway, great coverage, pores reduces, very natural and not cakey at all. I use moisturiser underneath instead of primer.

I would not buy again though as there are many other premium brands that give the same result but a lot cheaper.

How to look after our skin if we dont use this extravagant foundation/skincare? just keep up with your good daily diet, good skin care routine and you'll be fine.