Yves Saint Laurent Youth Liberator Serum Foundation SPF 20

3.6

Active ingredient: Octinoxate 4% water, diemthicone, glycerin, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, isododecane, PEG-8, nylon-12, propanediol, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, hexyl laurate, PEG-20, phenoxyethanol, magnesium sulfate, dimethiconol, caprylyl glycol, disodium stearoyl glutamate, fragrance, panthenol, disteardimonium hectorite, tocopherol, propylene carbonate, aluminum hydroxide, adenosine, rhamnose, chondrus cripus (carrageenan), linalool, alpha-isomethyl ionone, limonene, hydroxypropyl tetrahydropyrantriol, geraniol, citronellol, coumarin; may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides

YSL once again does not disappoint!! I was a huge fan of the touche eclat foundation as I always received compliments on my skin wearing it. However, the fact that it didn't last more than 3-4 hours on my combination skin was a major turn off.

I am constantly living in a place with a constant autumn/winter climate and this is absolutely perfect. The best thing about this product is the glow it offers, without being too dewy or shiny. I don't really concern about coverage but I would say this provides a solid medium. To me it's like an upgrade from the touche eclat, that offers a stronger lasting power without compromising the light.

It is a little bit heavier than what I would expect from a serum foundation, but it is not caky at all and is definitely still on the natural side among all bases. I feel very put together with my glowing complexion, that I believe it has reached a HG status. It is very pricey, but you get what you paid for. I would rather invest slightly more on the perfect base than paying a slightly lower price for other high end foundations. I have tried foundations from Chanel, NARS, Shiseido, Make Up For Ever, Armani, Bobbi Brown, Korean high end and drugstore brands, drugstore brands over the past 6 years and this officially beat them all.

The downsides are that it is fragranced which is very pointless, and the fact that it contains SPF20 that I can't wear on important occasions. SPF20 protection doesn't seems to be enough to protect the skin while will definitely be enough to cause flashbacks.

Nice colour for my fair skin, foundation smells nice and has a dewy apperance. But i found that the foundation didnt stay put, my eye makeup would now smudge when it was not able to be smudged, I also felt like it was slightly irritating my skin, and by the end of the day I wanted it off. It also is only a light foundation, it didn't cover spots at all,

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I actually did run out of this foundation and I want to buy it again, but I'm transitioning all my makeup to cruelty free. It's too bad YSL tests on animals, because this foundation was incredible. First of all, the packaging is gorgeous . . .the glass bottle is so elegant and classy! I really loved the scent, so fancy! It looked great and lasted all day, with a light to medium dewy coverage. I don't know that I can say it offered any noticeable skincare benefits, but it's a fabulous foundation (if you can get over the price and animal testing).

This is my new HG Foundation! This feels so smooth and luxurious on my skin. My skin is combination, with sometimes red around the cheek. This foundation covers all the redness pretty nicely, and I found myself with so much glow whenever I used this. B30 is a perfect match for me. It leaves me with a brighter, nicer skin, and my skin just looks so good with this foundation. I applied it with Sigma 80. I don't put a lot cos my skin tends to oily pretty fast. It does a bit cakey if you have tons of dry patches though. Will repurchase.

I tried this recently on my combination skin. I usually use loreal infallible or bare minerals foundation but fancied a change and got a trial bottle of this.

The packaging is lovely, but the price is on the expensive side. The foundation applies really well, good colour match for my fair/medium skin. I have redness in my cheeks which it covered pretty nicely. This felt very moisturising and evened out my complexion very nicely. I would say it's probably not for people that want a full coverage as there is a degree of sheer/dewiness left behind. You can build on the coverage somewhat but it is never full coverage.

It lasted pretty well and I was generally pleased with this product. For the price I don't think I would buy again as there are cheaper products that do as good a job, however it's definitely worth trialling if you don't mind a sheer/medium cover. I just don't think it's worth the money, however it might be for others.

My overall experience with this foundation was - meh. I actually purchased it three times, continuously because I loved it so much at first. However, last winter when I hit the lightest my skin gets throughout the year, the shade that actually matched my skin was terrible. I looked ghostly. The next shade darker was much too dark. It was unfortunate. I still have almost the entire bottle of very light YSL foundation sitting in my cabinet :( The other con is the smell. Oh my goodness, I used this when I was pregnant & I thought it was just morning sickness that was going on. Months after I had my baby, I tried to use this foundation again & the scent was overwhelming. Coupled with the awful, ghostly appearance it gave my skin...the honeymoon was over.

It's not bad, i cannot get a color match.

I use Boujoirs healthy mix serum in 52 - NC 20-25 yellow undrtoned asian.

The B20 is too light and oxidized to slight pinkish color, the B30 is so yellow like a mango and oxidized to orange a bit.

I have to mix the two together half and half, still more on the pink side once it dries.....

Who wants to spend $180 to get two bottles??

Okay look, I know this foundation is a small fortune, but it's the best foundation on earth! I don't take this expense lightly, so coming to this conclusion took a long time and a lot of research. I went on a quest, over several trips to Nordies to obtain a sample of....everything! And, even though I couldn't be matched in Chanel, ( that was unfortunate) i got the closest color as to not leave that brand out. These were generous samples, and I used them each until they were gone. Then, I got to this one. It's the silkiest, creamiest, best coverage, with the softest feel you can possibly imagine. The color selection was great. It isn't just wearing makeup it actually improves your skin by wearing it. They say it contains the 200 dollar serum that YSL sells and yes, ( I got a sample of that too) I loved it but come on, 200 dollars! But, luckily that is in this foundation and apparently it's patented ingredient which is owned by Loreal helps to stimulate collagen. I know you've heard that before, but it really does make a noticeable improvement in skin, not many foundations can say that, they just look good for the moment, and don't get me wrong, you will look amazing for the moment in this one too. I just feel it is definitely worth the money, and that no other brand can beat it, if you have normal to dry skin.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

New HG foundation. Yes, it's pricey, but this is coming from someone who is willing to shell out money for a Cle de Peau foundation!

I don't know what took me so long to discover this foundation. It's not a foundation that usually targeted to someone my age (mid 20s), but I prefer this one over all other YSL foundations. B40 is a spot on match for me (I'm between NC25-NC30, leaning towards NC30) and I love the slightly dewy finish this foundation has. It's fantastic for my dry skin. It doesn't highlight any flaky spots and goes on well with just fingers. The texture is fantastic and gives light to medium coverage, buildable to medium. It can get a little too dewy if it's warm, but it's nothing that a little loose powder can't fix beforehand.

With a small amount of powder, this becomes the most natural, skin like foundation ever. Lasting power is quite good too. There is a light floral scent (similar to Chanel), but is much more preferable to the scent of YSL Touche Eclat (which I can't stand).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

The reason I am giving this foundation only three stars is that it is just not appropriate for oily skin. By midday my skin is extremely oily and I think for this reason it has caused me to break out.

However, I am gutted this has happened because apart from this it seems like the perfect foundation!

1. The lightest colour suits my extremely fair skin perfectly and it was great to find a perfect shade in a foundation that was not MAC, as I hate the heavy coverage MAC foundations give.

2. It is really easy to build up. For me one pump is perfect for day time and two pumps for going out at night. Because the liquid is so good it is really easy to blend and doesn't look caked on.

3. It gives a lovely luminous finish and makes my skin glow. It also gives the skin an amazing dewy finish which I believe looks so much more natural and youthful than matte foundations I have used.

4. I also really love the skincare element of this foundation. While I don't have wrinkles (I'm only 24) I did have fine lines around my eyes, could have been dehydrated skin, and these have pretty much disappeared since using this product. Some of the reviews say that use of this foundation has had no effect on reducing wrinkles, and while I can't attest to this, it could be a great product for younger skin that needs a bit of 'refreshing'. I definitely believe it has helped to plump up the areas on my face where the skin is starting to thin slightly.

I would 100% recommend this to people without oily skin as it has so many positives. Sure the price is high, but I think it is worth it for a product that is easy to use and looks absolutely gorgeous. Give it a try, it could easily be many peoples HG foundation.