July 31, 2014 | 1658 users online

Foundations - Yves Saint Laurent - Youth Liberator Serum Foundation SPF 20

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 8:02:00 PM More reviews by Collcakes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Okay so the price is a bit of a joke , but to be honest it's completely worth it, I saved up for ages and finally got the courage to treat myself a bit !
First I applied it to bare skin no primer no moisturiser , and I used about 2 pumps because I like quite medium -full coverage , using the real techniques expert brush ... Oh my god I fell in love , this makes your face look airbrushed ! Pores are reduced and the skin has a healthy glow .
This product smells heavenly also and after removing the foundation at the end of the night my skin feels like silk because of the youth serum ... Honestly all round great product .
What are you waiting for go out and buy it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 6:40:00 PM More reviews by discobisquit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation, I was a MUA for 12 years, I've worked for Kevin A. Chanel, Nars, Mac, and for me… on my dry skin, is great. I have about 6 foundations each season… I love this with the Becca liquid illuminator in opal with a beauty blender. It has a nice satin finish and with my illuminator, I glow and look like I just drank 2 gallons of water. I am repurchasing this..

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 4:51:00 PM More reviews by trixie1803

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a foundation junkie and love trying new ones. I watched a lot of videos on YouTube and was impressed by how this foundation looked on so many different types of skin/colors so off to Neiman's I went. I got matched with B40. For reference, in MAC I am NW20. I thought the color looked a little dark but when swatched, it just melted into my skin and matched it perfectly. When I wore this the first time, I applied with my Zoeva 102 silk finish brush. It went on easily and blended well. My heart sank when I put my glasses back on and looked into the mirror, it was cakey and the color was just all wrong. I forgot to mention that I used Benefit's Porefessional on my t zone. I wore it for the rest of the day and was like, I gotta give this another try-this time I applied Hourglass primer all over my face, let it soak in and then used my fingers to apply the foundation. Okay! Now we're talking! This looked seamless on my face. My face looked beautiful, airbrushed and it evened out my skin tone. Aaaaahhh, NOW I see what the good reviews are all about. I just kept looking at my skin all day, just gorgeous. I used one pump to apply with my fingers, just the right amount for me. I buffed with a kubuki brush after to make sure everything was blended well. I think the Porefessional made my pores look worse and they aren't that bad, this is not the thing for me to use with this foundation. I love this and even though it's pricey, I don't use that much so I don't see going thru this fast.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2014 12:08:00 AM More reviews by nathaliez

I used it last winter, and I love it, it goes on creamy and light, and beautifies the skin instantly.i didn't notice the smell, it is fine by me..the texture is light, yet it does great of making your skin look naturally pretty..my only complaint is the color selection, I am between two shades, so I hope YSL comes out with a few more shades.i will repurchase next winter, in spite of the high price..that foundation doesn't budge!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2014 8:17:00 AM More reviews by mauveboudoir

I like this foundation as it applies seamlessly and does not cake or settle on my pores. It definitely gives me a radiant sort of look - a dewy finish. The scent may bother a few people but I like it and frankly after dusting powder over it, I don't smell it anymore. I use it every so often - one week straight then two weeks after for another one week. For work days it lasts - I apply at 6 am and my skin still looks refined/perfected when I remove it at 5:30 pm. I would recommend using it for special occasions too :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love the packaging! And I like the shades they have. This foundation feels very hydrating and natural. Feels very smooth and nice on my skin.
I never tried any YSL product but this cute bottle caught my eye and I got a sample. I was pretty sceptical at first as I thought it's another expensive product that does not live up to standards. But I was actually very impressed by how good quality this foundation is!
Let me start by saying that it is very easy to apply, the color matches my skin tone very well (B30 - winter time when Im not tanned, otherwise B40 or BR40 is good shade for summer) and looks very natural. I wore it for about 8 hours and at the end of the day, my foundation was still perfect, did not feel greasy, sticky or cakey. It is medium-full coverage.
I love the fact that it contains SPF 20 and anti-aging serum. Perfect combination, that's exactly what I like as my Armani foundation does not contain SPF, and I had to use it separate.
I know it's very pricey- $70 for foundation is a lot! However, I might purchase it, as I loved it so much. I will wear it for a week or two and then update my review, if any changes.
P.S. BR means Beige Rose and these shades have a rosy/pink undertone. BD means Beige Dore and these shades have a golden undertone. B stands for Beige and these shades are more neutral in undertone. For this particular formula however, shade B30 stands out and is a bit different from the other "B" shades, as it has very strong yellow-peach undertones.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2014 7:21:00 PM More reviews by dierregi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this product after having used the Armani foundation for years. I loved the Armani but I wanted to try something new. I was not really convinced, but the SA applied the product very thoroughly with a brush and I liked the final result.

At home I tried to apply it following her instructions. I have normal skin with thin lines and I like a good coverage rather than sheer finishing. I also use a primer and I was a bit unsure about applying the foundation on top of it.

Turns out the result was amazing. The primer and the foundation give me the right coverage, with a glowing, long lasting finishing. My skin feel well hydrated during the day (I apply the make up in the morning and it must last until the evening). I am very pleased with the result and I like YSL even more than the Armani.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2014 6:11:00 AM More reviews by lilicansu

This foundation is so overrated! I am always a big fan if YSL. I have tried Teint Resist, Touche Eclat and never been disappointted. Although it is quite expensive, i wanted to give it a go, thinking that you cannot go wrong with YSL.
Yea, the bottle is so beautiful but unfortunately the product is not that good.

It did not stay no more than 3 hours.
It leaves your face sticky and it looks cakey.
I found the texture is very similar to Bourjois 123 foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Roxlet

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my new favorite foundation, and I have put several others aside. I love the hydration and the coverage. I bought too dark a shade, which I will save for summer, and have been working with a sample that's one shade lighter, and I love it. I have been testing it against some Hourglass foundations, and there is no comparison for me. It absolutely does not sit in my pores, and my skin looks great for hours afterward. Before this, I was going between a Le Metier de Beauté foundation and a Clinique foundation. This has them both beat hands down.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by leilei465

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite foundations, along with Chanel's Perfection Lumiere. I think the packaging is gorgeous, which is admittedly one of the major reasons I purchased it. The consistency is on the thicker side, and it gives medium coverage. I prefer to power my face after application to ensure that it doesn't fade away quickly. Overall, this is a good foundation, and I do recommend it.