August 30, 2014 | 1363 users online

Eye Shadow - Laura Mercier - Loose Pearls in Gold Pearl

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 7:25:00 PM More reviews by colormepink

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This gorgeous finely milled shimmer is absolutely a dream to apply and is a beautiful shade of Ft. Knox gold with some pale copper. Classy and definitely not the tacky large glitter look. Looks perfect applied on any neutral eyeshadow whether powder or cream. I have a large collection of both loose and compact golds, coppers and bronzes and combinations thereof, and this is the absolute prettiest! This is made for you if you have light brown eyes with gold flecks, aka amber colored eyes. Amazing!

Respectfully submitted,
colormepink

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2005 6:14:00 AM More reviews by patentg33k

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

As the other reviewers stated, this is an extremely bright gold with orange, copper overtones and irridencense--similar to MAC's pink bronze. Looks awful. Very flashy, bright color that isn't going to work well on all complexions. I was expecting something more subdued and universal from Laura Mercier. If you were expecting "gold," look at BE's True Gold or MAC's Rose Gold--this LM product doesn't live up to its name. I'm an NC20 with green-blue eyes, brown hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2004 11:07:00 AM More reviews by SueS

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Would you believe I received this as an extra in a swap? It is gorgeous! This is what I wanted pigments to be.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2003 10:09:00 PM More reviews by sonnie_art

Gold pearls is very pretty but it is too dark and bright gold for me. I should add that I have almost every gold eyeshadow that one can own but this is just too intense. For my deep set eyes I prefer lighter colors in loose eyeshadows.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2003 1:02:00 AM More reviews by cutiepatootie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I adore this pigment. I came across it while browsing the LM counter; the MA gave me a sample and I just fell in love w/it. Sure it's more expensive than MAC pigment, but MAC doesn't have a color like this (yet). It goes on smoothly and wears well. I use it over LM Eye Basics in Nude and lately just discovered it looks breathtaking w/MAC copper pigment as a liner. When I'm done with my sample I'm running to the nearest LM counter and purchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2002 4:14:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

I love loose shadows and when I saw LM, I had to have the collection! All are standard shades but with a unique luminscent quality too them. They are not just flat shades but are almost opalecent with flashes of color. The gold is very different and unique, almost a peachy touch to them. I think they are overpriced at $20 each for a tiny sifter jar and they apply very sheerly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2002 7:04:00 PM More reviews by KarenCG

Who ever realized there were soooo many different shades of gold? In my search for a gold eyeshadow or pigment, I found out! Lots! The Loose Pearls are similar to MAC pigments, but come in a smaller container with a little sifter top which is handy. This particular gold is very shimmery and is a coopery-gold to me -- very pretty -- very dramatic!