July 25, 2014 | 1164 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Boots - Beautifully Matte Make Up Base

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2014 5:17:00 AM More reviews by ammmy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is the first primer I have ever tried but unfortunately it wasn't for me. I use a compact powder foundation, and the primer made my skin look patchy. I think this would work better with a good liquid foundation. I do still use it on my eyelids when I use eye shadow or eye liner, and it stays put all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2014 11:16:00 AM More reviews by ashli185

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A little bit goes a long way! Keeps me matte all day & I love that it has salicylic acid.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2014 10:38:00 PM More reviews by sleeplessdesires

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Wow this primer was lame! Seriously I thought this primer would be good because I had heard good things about it but no to my dismay it turned out to be utter garbage. As soon as I put it on it was flaky and the consistency was weird. I patted it on and it was still no good. The only good thing was the clean scent but honestly that didn't help the overall aspect of this primer because honestly it was bad. Overall I would not buy this EVER again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2014 10:57:00 PM More reviews by Therealslayergrrl

Plain and simple this works for me. I have really oily skin. This mattifies my skin and keeps it oil free ALL DAY! Legit. I put my makeup on at 7am. Worked a 12 hour shift and my makeup still looks as fresh as it did when I put it on. The trick is not to use too much. Yes, it can be a bit tricky since it dries quickly. But once you get it down pat it works like a dream. well, at least it does for me. So glad I found this!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2014 1:33:00 AM More reviews by Penlatysan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Whoa, I am shocked at all the negative reviews! Yes, this is very thick and a bit tricky to spread. But it's not really THAT hard. And I'm guessing if it's making your foundation not blend properly, you're either applying too much, or you're not giving it adequete time to set. I have true combination skin--pretty darn oily in the T-zone and pretty dry under my cheekbones to my jawline. Long-wearing/ matte foundations tend to go patchy and look awful in my dry areas (no matter how well I moisturize beforehand); hydrating/ creamy foundations make me look like I've got bacon grease on my forehead. This is the perfect solution! It mattifies my T-zone so I can wear a hydrating foundation that will sit right on the rest of my face! I can wear my foundation literally all day ( a good solid 14 hours or so) and there is NO oil to be found. And my foundation really adheres to it, so it does not fade/ move. Amazing! Plus, it's a fraction of the price of most other primers!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2014 12:37:00 PM More reviews by lulu6789

Tough to rub in and it didn't make my makeup last longer. It smelt fresh but it didn't make my face matte

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2014 7:56:00 PM More reviews by ashleystar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

yuck! This has the texture of glue, and you have to apply a TON at a time or it won't spread out at all. This made my skin break out and didn't at all help with oil or shine control.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2014 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Cheungc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using the Beautifully Matte Make up Base for 6 years every day and am just about to finish my second tube. I'd initially bought it after moving to Dubai as I wanted a shine-control base for my face.

The white paste is very firm and not easy to work with, which also made me reluctant to use it all over my face for fear of clogging my pores. I use it as an eye shadow primer instead and it makes powders adhere to my oily eyelids for over 18 hours. I also use it for specific areas on my T-zone before applying concealer.

I've got my third tube of this product sitting in wait. The price point is very good value given how long one tube lasts, and compares very favourably to other eye shadow primers.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 8:41:00 PM More reviews by screensiren

this is a must have primer for me! fantastic for oily acne prone or combination skin types. I put this on with my finger and rub a small amount on. If you moisturize before this make sure you let that dry before you apply this. If you had an issue with it balling up, then you used TOO MUCH

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by snaket0ngue

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is so incredibly hard to apply I would not recommend it to anyone. You can't rub it into your skin AT ALL, or else it balls up and leaves white residue everywhere. So, in order to c over your entire face, you end up need tons of product. It didn't really do much to control my oil or make my makeup last all day, even when used in conjunction with the rest of the No 7 oil control line.