Hada Labo Anti-aging Hydrator

4.8

Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Beta-Carotene, BHT, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Carbomer Homopolymer, Dipropylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Collagen (Marine), Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Methylisothiazolinone, PEG-20 Sorbitan Isostearate, PPG-10 Methyl Glucose Ether, Retinyl Palmitate, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopherol, Triethanolamine, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

GREAT for hydrating parched skin. The first time I tried this stuff, I knew immediately that it would become an essential part of my everyday routine.

Honestly, it's like drinking water through your face.

It's light enough to work well with anything and everything, including under makeup, but since hyaluronic acid is also a booster when combined with more moisturizing products, this stuff can be layered with other moisturizers for even greater benefit.

Texture-wise, it's a very light, watery gel that spreads easily (more easily than pure HA serums, BTW, which in my experience, must be combined with another moisturizer), absorbs very quickly, and leaves skin feeling truly more hydrated than before. There's a stage where it's slightly tacky on the skin, but that goes away once fully absorbed. Even so, that stage isn't bothersome at all, at least not for me.

Recommended without reservation for every skin type I can think of. Oily, dry (if combined with something else), combo, normal, acnegenic, rosacea-prone, sensitive...I can see this working in some fashion for anyone except folks who have an explicit sensitivity to any of the ingredients.

Fairly priced at $15 at BB&B although I like it so much that I'll probably run out pretty quickly just from reapplying periodically more than once a day. Only con is that it's a bit difficult to find in store.

on 5/13/2014 3:33:00 PM

An unusual product. I got it a while ago but never used it much - due to the awful winter here, I stuck to more intense creams. Since spring finally arrived & everything else I used was causing my foundation to fade, I tried it as my sole daytime moisturizer and it works wonderfully. It keeps my skin moist & comfortable under my long-wearing foundation (very important), yet it isn't oily & slippery. I also like the fact that it has retinol, which really clicks with my middle-aged skin. I'm not craxy about pump dispensers but I guess it works for this sort of formula. All in all, well worth the $ & I will definitely repurchase.

on 4/19/2014 8:57:00 AM

Wow! I was surprised at how well this product worked on my skin. I tried it on my neck first and I could feel how much more moisture was retained. I woke up with soft, glowing skin and no irritation. I cannot wait to test it out on my face.

Update: The more I use this, the more I like this. I am very happy with the texture and absorption which are light and smooth. I have added a lippie for this reason.

I love this. It quickly improves dehydrated skin, and the the ingredients are very good for sensitive/acne-prone/combo/older skin. Perfect alone for summer. Instead of applying all day, get a sealant (actual moisturizer).

on 12/11/2013 8:25:00 AM

This stuff is great! Great, I tell you! I usually have oily/combo skin, but recently my skin has been a little dryer, and winter is making my face feel pretty beat up. I hate feeling like anything heavy or greasy on my face, but this absorbs into my skin in less than a minute, and my skin looked great and felt a lot less chapped with this under my makeup. This also makes my wrinkles almost disappear and look really plumped. My only concern with this product is that I like how it feels and looks so much, I may just keep putting it on my face all day and run out of it too soon. It's also great under your eyes and on your neck! Yep, I am going to have to buy this again soon, I can tell, but it's really reasonably priced at Ulta ($20? $19?) Nice pump packaging too.

If you don't like heavy anti-aging products but you want to see results, buy this. It rocks!

on 10/10/2013 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is from the line just released in the US. I absolutely love this stuff. It's hard to find a good moisturizer for combo skin. Most have silicones that either break me out or make me oily. This is an HA based, silicone free,(from what I can tell) watery lotion, that has anti-aging ingredients but absolutely no detectable scent. It also doesn't break me out, make me oily or leave a weird film on my face. Nor do I have to wait around for 10 plus minutes for this to absorb in order to put makeup on. It sinks in almost immediately and leaves my skin smooth and perfectly hydrated. It says on the box that this can be patted on directly over your makeup through out the day to rehydrate and refresh your face. I personally don't see myself needing to do that until the temperature really drops here but it's great that this can be applied over makeup if necessary. I can't really think of a skin type that this wouldn't work well with and the price is ridiculously cheap for what you're getting. I paid less than $15 for this at Ulta. You'd be hard pressed to find a half way decent drug store product at that price.
**Update**
I've been using this off and on for almost a year and still love it. My favorite way to use this now is to set my makeup after using a setting powder. I put a half pump on the back of my hand and use a damp beauty blender or makeup sponge to pat it on over my makeup. It locks everything into place, eliminates any powder residue and makes my skin look hydrated and healthy but not shiney. Works better than any setting spray I've ever tried.

Popular Moisturizers