October 25, 2014 | 1797 users online

Blush - Christian Dior - DiorBlush Vibrant Colour Powder Blush in 943 My Rose

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2013 7:50:00 PM More reviews by FlawedAngel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wow, lovely, can't lose, universally flattering blush! I have all the shades of the old line Diorblush that I want., so I was excited to see the Vibrant line was being added to Dior's permanent collection. Unlike the old Diorblushes, these are not duos, they are a single shade. I was initially nervous that My Rose would be too dark/warm for my NW10 skin, but my goodness, no. It is actually perfect! The shade is warm, dusty rose, very subtle and livens up my deathly pale skin. I believe this color would also be flattering on N and NW skin tones up to the 25ish level. The formula feels silky and finely milled. For a powder blush, it applies as smoothly as butter and is easily blended. There is a dad of shimmer (cool/silver I think), which I don't mind in small amounts because it adds a bit of dimension and vibrancy. But for you glitteraphobes, no, the Vibrant blushes are not matte. Brush included larger and more useful than the one that comes with the old Dior blush duos. Very much in love with this blush and have reached for it everyday since I purchased it 2 weeks ago.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2013 5:13:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm a fan of Dior's previous powder blush line and when I saw this new permanent line was being released (in Fall 2013) I was really excited. This is one of those foolproof, throw on with anything blushes that I can't get enough of. I was crazy about the color right away. It's a neutral, muted, rosy nude-pink with very fine silver shimmer. I don't have any similar colors although Chanel's Rose Ecrin did look a little similar at first glance, but when I swatched them on the back of my hand they weren't as close of a match as I thought.

This is so flattering on my pale (NC-10) skin and I imagine it'd work on any skin tone. It gives a very soft, healthy appearance and the color is very natural despite the shimmer. I don't mind shimmer, though I know it's a deal breaker for some. The shimmer in this is very fine and doesn't translate as glitter or sparkle so if the color entices you at all I'd give it a try.

The finish has a nice sheen and gives my cheeks a pretty glow. It's pigmented but since the color is light to medium I can use a heavy hand and it doesn't look overdone. It blends out really well and felt extremely soft. I love the texture and it picked up on my brush easily. My skin is normal, sometimes veers dry in areas depending on weather and allergies so I don't have problems with fading over time. But this wore well all day and I didn't feel the need to touch up. The packaging is the same plastic compact with interior mirror and an included brush, which I always end up tossing. There's a faint fragrance but it's not offensive or long lasting once it's on my skin.

So this was a definite love for me and I'd gladly repurchase if I ever hit pan.