Dior DiorBlush Vibrant Colour Powder Blush in 943 My Rose

on 10/9/2013 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm a fan of Dior's previous powder blush line and when I saw this new permanent line was being released (in Fall 2013) I was really excited. This is one of those foolproof, throw on with anything blushes that I can't get enough of. I was crazy about the color right away. It's a neutral, muted, rosy nude-pink with very fine silver shimmer. I don't have any similar colors although Chanel's Rose Ecrin did look a little similar at first glance, but when I swatched them on the back of my hand they weren't as close of a match as I thought.

This is so flattering on my pale (NC-10) skin and I imagine it'd work on any skin tone. It gives a very soft, healthy appearance and the color is very natural despite the shimmer. I don't mind shimmer, though I know it's a deal breaker for some. The shimmer in this is very fine and doesn't translate as glitter or sparkle so if the color entices you at all I'd give it a try.

The finish has a nice sheen and gives my cheeks a pretty glow. It's pigmented but since the color is light to medium I can use a heavy hand and it doesn't look overdone. It blends out really well and felt extremely soft. I love the texture and it picked up on my brush easily. My skin is normal, sometimes veers dry in areas depending on weather and allergies so I don't have problems with fading over time. But this wore well all day and I didn't feel the need to touch up. The packaging is the same plastic compact with interior mirror and an included brush, which I always end up tossing. There's a faint fragrance but it's not offensive or long lasting once it's on my skin.

So this was a definite love for me and I'd gladly repurchase if I ever hit pan.