November 29, 2014 | 1526 users online

Skincare - Face - Mary Kay - Purifying Freshener Formula 2

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2012 12:56:00 AM More reviews by marciap81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This toner is good for alll skin types. Does not dry your skin or even cause breakouts. Great as an extra step after cleansing to remove remnants of makeup. I just don't think it was anything special. Average toner you could probably find drugstore. Not worth contacting a mk consultant to purchase. Save ur money and buy a gentle drugstore toner that will do the same thing

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2012 1:15:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

There's nothing wrong with this toner - it's just not a HG by any means. Mid-priced (cheaper on ebay than through an MK consultant) and a big bottle. Fine for "normal" or combination skin types.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2010 8:52:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used this as a teen, when my aunt sold MK and gave me bottles for free. Since a friend was selling, I decided to try it again. This toner is supposed to be formulated for combo/oily skin, but I would suggest anyone with relatively normal/combo skin avoid it. With daily use, it is very drying, regardless of the cleanser it is used with (mine all happen to be non-MK). The scent is very acetone-like, but fades. I'm not in love with it like I was as a pimple-faced teen, and would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2009 12:00:00 PM More reviews by natura1beauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I just started using this product and i love it! my skin feels so soft and clean. i use it every morning after i wash my face. it definitely doesnt do any harm to my skin or cause irritation.

i recommend this to someone who doesnt have too much acne. this toner just helps your skin look vibrant and healthy!

good luck*

UPDATE: i stopped using this because it gave me me these wierd bumps. nothing special

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2008 9:39:00 PM More reviews by micdeajones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised by the poor reviews for this product. I like this toner. It doesn't dry my face out and doesn't sting.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2008 9:49:00 PM More reviews by ginasuicide

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I recently went back to this and oil control #3 and mask. I like the toner,it does make my face feel refreshed. Im stopping the lotion for now since I found more breakouts coming. i never seem to repurchase anything these days. once i finish the bottle ill see how i feel. but i may repurchase this one

update. uh. nevermind. this didnt do anythign for me. switched to clinique and now my face is better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2007 2:03:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This smells strongly of nail polish remover (acetone) and bug spray even tho it is fragrance free. I did not find this to be an effective toner at removing any residue leftover from my cleanser and makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2007 7:50:00 AM More reviews by tb_macpherson

I had never used toners before and this was given to me because it was a 'girlie thing' that I'd be into. Within a few days, I noticed a difference in my skin (less oily to the touch, less breakouts) and toners became part of my routine.

Paula Begoun gives this a 'frown face' because of the alcohol content but I believe that's what started 'disinfecting' my skin, improving it, without drying it out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2007 7:27:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I didn't really like this toner. I don't think it really does all that much to remove excess dirt/grime/oil that maybe your cleanser missed, or to tone skin, remove flakes, or tighten pores. I have oily skin and I really never saw any residue coming off the cotton ball with this, nor did I notice much difference in my skin. Maybe it was too weak of a toner for my type of skin, but in all fairness, Clinique's Toner 2 is a whole lot better, and even though I should use the Toner 3, the Toner 2 still gave results. This didn't. It didn't break me out or hurt my skin or anything, but I think it was pretty much a waste of money. Will not repurchase.
Mary Kay does make a great cleanser in Deep Cleanser 3, but not this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2007 11:05:00 PM More reviews by karolcia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this is the one toner which i use on regular basic. i use this with a deep cleanser 3-it's also great. i think both products work great together. my skin is smooth, fresh with no pimples and it makes my pores look smaller. once a week a use the mask 3 for oily skin. good skin care line better than the other expesive once out-there!!