Mary Kay Purifying Freshener Formula 2

3.2

on 5/2/2012 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

This toner is good for alll skin types. Does not dry your skin or even cause breakouts. Great as an extra step after cleansing to remove remnants of makeup. I just don't think it was anything special. Average toner you could probably find drugstore. Not worth contacting a mk consultant to purchase. Save ur money and buy a gentle drugstore toner that will do the same thing

on 3/17/2012 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

There's nothing wrong with this toner - it's just not a HG by any means. Mid-priced (cheaper on ebay than through an MK consultant) and a big bottle. Fine for "normal" or combination skin types.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I used this as a teen, when my aunt sold MK and gave me bottles for free. Since a friend was selling, I decided to try it again. This toner is supposed to be formulated for combo/oily skin, but I would suggest anyone with relatively normal/combo skin avoid it. With daily use, it is very drying, regardless of the cleanser it is used with (mine all happen to be non-MK). The scent is very acetone-like, but fades. I'm not in love with it like I was as a pimple-faced teen, and would not repurchase.

on 3/18/2009 12:00:00 PM

I just started using this product and i love it! my skin feels so soft and clean. i use it every morning after i wash my face. it definitely doesnt do any harm to my skin or cause irritation.

i recommend this to someone who doesnt have too much acne. this toner just helps your skin look vibrant and healthy!

good luck*

UPDATE: i stopped using this because it gave me me these wierd bumps. nothing special

on 10/12/2008 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I'm surprised by the poor reviews for this product. I like this toner. It doesn't dry my face out and doesn't sting.

on 8/1/2008 9:49:00 PM

I recently went back to this and oil control #3 and mask. I like the toner,it does make my face feel refreshed. Im stopping the lotion for now since I found more breakouts coming. i never seem to repurchase anything these days. once i finish the bottle ill see how i feel. but i may repurchase this one

update. uh. nevermind. this didnt do anythign for me. switched to clinique and now my face is better.

on 7/28/2007 2:03:00 PM

This smells strongly of nail polish remover (acetone) and bug spray even tho it is fragrance free. I did not find this to be an effective toner at removing any residue leftover from my cleanser and makeup.

I had never used toners before and this was given to me because it was a 'girlie thing' that I'd be into. Within a few days, I noticed a difference in my skin (less oily to the touch, less breakouts) and toners became part of my routine.

Paula Begoun gives this a 'frown face' because of the alcohol content but I believe that's what started 'disinfecting' my skin, improving it, without drying it out.

on 6/7/2007 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I didn't really like this toner. I don't think it really does all that much to remove excess dirt/grime/oil that maybe your cleanser missed, or to tone skin, remove flakes, or tighten pores. I have oily skin and I really never saw any residue coming off the cotton ball with this, nor did I notice much difference in my skin. Maybe it was too weak of a toner for my type of skin, but in all fairness, Clinique's Toner 2 is a whole lot better, and even though I should use the Toner 3, the Toner 2 still gave results. This didn't. It didn't break me out or hurt my skin or anything, but I think it was pretty much a waste of money. Will not repurchase.
Mary Kay does make a great cleanser in Deep Cleanser 3, but not this product.

on 6/1/2007 11:05:00 PM

this is the one toner which i use on regular basic. i use this with a deep cleanser 3-it's also great. i think both products work great together. my skin is smooth, fresh with no pimples and it makes my pores look smaller. once a week a use the mask 3 for oily skin. good skin care line better than the other expesive once out-there!!

Popular Face Skincare Products