Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette

4.4

This palette is so pretty! I love that it gives a subtle glow but can also give a nice luminous finish as a setting powder.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have separate reviews for all the Ambient Lighting Powders, so I'm mostly going to touch on the shade exclusive to this palette - Incandescent Light. This is a whitish pearly champagne shade that I use as a soft highlight. The other shades are HG as well, Dim Light being my favorite, and they all can be used in different ways from setting powders to highlights.

This is a really amazing highlighting palette. It is nice because it has different powders for different uses. The powder on the far left I use with my face powder on my t-zone to even out my skin. Then the second powder I use to highlight my cheek bones. The third powder I use occasionally on top of pink and peach blushes when I want a warm glow. It's a versatile highlighting palette. There are two negatives however... It's outrageously expensive which I hate so I probably won't buy it again for a while. As for the packaging, it's nice but sometimes the top doesn't click all the way down which is annoying. Other than that it's fantastic and if you are willing to splurge it's worth it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I was interested in the Hourglass ambient lighting palette because I had heard a lot of good things about their powders. I am very pale and I have one of two problems with highlighters, they are either too dark on me or they don't show up at all. I really like this palette. It's easy to overdue it though. I added too much a few times and then I looked really shiny after application. It doesn't look like you're doing much to the skin but it sneaks up on you. I bought the palette just because the individual sizes are expensive and I wanted to try out more colors but not spend a fortune. The individual sizes are much larger than the palette sizes but if there is a certain color I like then I can buy the larger size. Overall, I'm happy with this set. This is a nice highlighting palette for people who want a more natural highlight. Candlelight is a good description. If used like you're supposed to, and not with such a heavy hand like I did, it makes a beautiful soft glow to anywhere you apply it.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I like this palette, I find it useful for mixing and shading... the Dim I use as a bronzer... it's too dark for me all over my face... the Incandescent Light is beautiful as a highlighter, slightly glittery but nothing that visibly shows up as glitter, and it gives a beautiful glow (my fave out of the pallette), and Radiant Light I use to brush very lightly round my chin/hairline... it's a lovely bronze but does lean towards an orangey/gold glow. All in all I like it to try the different shades, but I wouldn't buy again as the only one I LOVE is the highlighter in the middle. I use both Diffused and Ethereal for all over my face - perfect.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this from the VIB Rouge sale last year (2014) from Sephora.com & I kno it was ridic expensive, it's the most expensive makeup item I own...hourglass really does feel like such a luxury brand (I own 2 Hourglass items 1 being this palette & the other is their lip oil which was also ridic like $41 iirc but I had a mini lipstick I did manage to lose...). I'd love to try some of their other products but w it being so cost prohibitive it's just turned me off from buying from this line. IT WORKS! It's stunning in its subtle improvement this makes on my face. Some hi-lite are all sparklies & this is a sheen like glow of youth that glitter cannot imitate & glitter usually looks like enlarged pores/greasiness on my exteme oily skin but this does not. I have used it ALOT since I got it (at least 3-4x/wk) & not hit pan on any colors.I'll repurchase a single not the palette (thou irdk which 1) becoz I'm a frugal gal & this palette isn't a good deal. At least I got to try 3 of the powders which is a good way 2 C how I liked them w/o buying 3 singles & not being able to experiment. I think every person who is really into makeup should go for it & buy one ridic frivolous makeup item ev so often if ur gonna get a lot of use out of it, it makes it no longer that frivolous! 1 lippy "off" 4 packaging coz anything this $$$ should come w a decent brush. It would make it more portable/better for touch ups/travel.

I have had this product for a month and use it every single day. My complexion is fair (usually fairest foundation shade in every range). I use dim light and incandescent light swirled together all over my face and as an undereye setting powder, and then radiant light on the perimeters of my face to give me a very subtle bronzed glow.
It is perfect over foundation but also when I just wear concealer. You can't really see the powder on the skin but overall it just makes me look healthy and glowy in a very natural way.

I loved this so much I ended up buying almost every Hourglass power product. This is great to get started to see if you like the finish. Good value.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Buying this palette is a splurge for some of us, myself included, but it is worth every penny! I bought mine when they came out and have barely made a dent in any of the powders with frequent use. The results are amazing as well. I definitely prefer these over any other high end highlighters/ powders I own

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Well first of all the price of Hourglass products is just ridiculous and over the top, however I think that's true of all high end cosmetics. These companies are laughing all the way to the bank but Hourglass is a brand that I have resisted for a long time as the price was just to high. Every time I go Sephora I would stop to admire the Hourglass products but then move along because of the cost. Finally I broke down and but a couple of their items including this palette.

I don't know how these powders work I just know that they do indeed work just like they are described. Interestingly I am most amazed by this palette when I use the powders on my bare face rather than on my made up face. Yes they look great over makeup but I use good quality foundation, concealer and powder already so while I'm pleased with how the powder looks on top of my makeup I am generally already happy with how my skin looks once my make up is on and the Hourglass powder is just a nice finishing touch but not holy grail amazing. However I am truly impressed when I wear these powders on a day that I'm not wearing any makeup at all. I often go without makeup but believe me it's not because I look great without makeup, it's just because I'm lazy...lol. My bare skin is generally very dull and dead looking, but if I sweep dim light all over my face and then incandescent light to the high points, followed by just a little Hourglass blush, well I can't really describe what it does but I'll try. I still look completely barefaced, people would think I'm not wearing any makeup at all, but somehow I look about 5 times better than I normally would without makeup. As it's not a foundation or a concealer of course it doesn't cover spots or even skin tone but it has this amazing ability to make me look healthy and youthful even with all of my skin imperfections. My skin just looks all aglow (in a natural way) and awake. I'm so impressed by that because even my tinted moisturizers and BB creams can't do what this product does. I will definitely repurchase.