Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette

4.4

on 7/26/2015 6:55:00 AM

I've been lemming over this for a loong time but finally caved in.

It costs $76.00 here in Australia, you know. But, it was worth it.

You get a glow from within once applied. No obvious glittery shimmer
from cheap highlighters ( I have W7's Hollywood bronzer/highlighter which is good
but the glitter was a little obvious.).

I urge women my age to buy this, it literally shaves years off from your face.

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I use this allll the time, it is soo worth every penny spent. Honestly my only gripe is that from repeated use, the Hourglass logo has rubbed off from the top cover of the palette. But I am weird like that. Anyways, this baby has kept me from spending $$$ elsewhere looking for another highlighter, and MANY have come out this summer from the whole strobing craze etc. I love how fine the powder is, how it just melts into my skin, it really does look like flattering light cast on the high points of your face. Dim light is the star though, I use it most often, sweeping it all over. Don't think it's doing anything? Take a photo of yourself. For some inexplicable reason, Dim light will make your skin look flawless and I think the effect is much more obvious in photos. I havent appreciated the Radiant bronzer/highlight till recently. As an aside, I love and have a full compact of Mood light, but I hated Diffused, it looked glittery to me, like Radiant, but ymmv. The only other highlighter I have been impressed with enough to want to buy is Kevyn Aucoin's celestial powder.

on 6/22/2015 6:21:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I came across this Hourglass Ambient Lighting palette while browsing in Sephora. Decided to try the product on my hand and was immediately sold. The palette is quite pricey but had to have it. When I got it home and applied to my face I couldn't believe how smooth and air brushed my makeup looked! I am very fair so the darker colors actually give me a look like I have a bit of a tan. The powder is so soft and smooth, not cakey, no perfume smell and there is just a bit of I guess you would say pearl to it that gives you a dewy look but not shiny or sparkly. A little bit goes a long way. Like I said it's a bit pricey but I would definitely buy again because I use this everyday...a definite must have!

on 6/17/2015 7:44:00 PM

I love this brand! I remember I used to always asked Nordstrom if they will ever carry this brand, then they finally do!

I love the packaging of Hourglass. It's just very sleek and elegant. Definitely high end. Price wise - well it's not affordable at all. Only if you have the extra money, then go for it.

Is it worth? This palette is very worthwhile of your money!! First I rarely used up a powder compact ever, never did actually because I keep buying new products and they made me do it - Sephora, Ulta and Nordstrom!!

So if you can have three shades in one compact, that is really fantastic! That's more than enough for one person anyway. I regret deeply that I did not get the blush palette as well, too bad for me. But if you can still get this powder palette. Go Get It.

The shade is very versatile no matter what shades you are wearing. I am NC20 -25, I use them all over my face. No problem. It does not cake up and very fine and smooth texture. Does not come with any scent so I know it's not too chemical, peace of mind.

The product does not harm my sensitive skin at all, no seabum or breakout whatsoever. I will continue to use this product!! Not sure if I will purchase it again, not that I don't want to but I don't think I 'need" to because there are new products coming out almost every week from different brands!!! We consumers are very lucky.

I love this stuff! It's beautiful, light and gives you an amazing glow. I find it lasts really long and if it's not lasting long then you need to use less, hourglass makeup is intended to make you look great without anyone being able to tell it's on your face - resist the urge to be heavy handed!

Dim light is my all round finishing powder and it blurs all my bumps and creases into smoothness. Incandescent Light is a great highlighter for my daytime makeup and then at night I combine it with another highlighter. Radiant light I use on top of bronzer, blush and or concealer to add a bit of a sunny glow. When I go out I swipe a big brush over all of them and use that as my last bit of powder which looks fantastic IMO.

It is really expensive, but I love it so much that I justify it and well...beauty is pain...the painful demise of your bank accounts.

on 6/5/2015 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Really brightens up your face, I mix dim light and radiant light and dust it all over my face and then take radiant light under my eyes to set my concealer. I use incandescent light to highlight my cheeks and nose. It makes you look glowy and refreshed. Go buy it!

on 5/20/2015 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i really like this. i use dim light all over. incandescent over my highlight, and radiant light as a bronzer. i use it sometimes if i dont want to wear foundation and it actually makes my skin look better. at first i felt like it did nothing but i really like it now. adds a nice glow and makes the skin look better. can't tell you exactly what changes, just seems nicer. maybe its all placebo. anyway its pretty pricy but seems like itd last a while

on 5/12/2015 6:25:00 PM

I've heard a lot about hourglass ambient lighting powders and was curious to try. The palette is SMALL. You get 3 colors: dim light, incandescent light (LE) and radiant light. Each color contains about 3.3g of product. It costs $67CDN. When you think about it, you're actually paying more for the palette than you would for 1 full size product (9.9g). Granted, you do get 3 colors which includes an LE shade but ultimately... total weight of product is equivalent to 1 full size ambient lighting powder ($52CDN).

The powders are very smooth and silky and I love how they feel! Unfortunately, this palette did nothing for my skin. I realize these are "finishing" powders not highlighting powders but when I applied it, I saw no difference in my skin. The powders are EXTREMELY sheer. I have tried using many different types of brushes and they all yield the same result. No difference. I get "slightly" better results using a sponge and packing the product on, but to me, that defeats the purpose. This also broke me out.

I really wanted to love this palette but sadly, it didn't work out for me.

I do want to note that I love what hourglass stands for: cruelty free, vegan friendly, quality ingredients etc.

on 4/14/2015 2:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Saw this a while back on the beauty blogs and had to get it! I know this is technically a "finishing powder," but because I'm lazy, I've been using it also as a setting powder with great results. I set my concealer with the lighter powder (incandescent light) and use the medium (dim light) for the rest of my face. I finish off by using the radiant light as a bronzer around the edges of my face. Doesn't replace my bronzer but gives a nice glow. A sephora worker told me she mixes dim and radiant light for an all over wash. I absolutely love this palette! I love the subtle glow it gives. If you hare that matte cakey look some powders give, brush this on top and it will make your skin look gorgeous.

I love this product.

When I received it in the mail, I immediately had buyers remorse, because I didn't want to spend that much money on makeup. But nontheless, I decided to try it out... and I love it.

I am very pale. Like fair skinned to begin with, but also haven't been out in the sun all winter. I use the lightest shade to highlight under the eyes. It sets my concealer with a highlighty glow. Diffuses lines, pores, wrinkles. Very finely milled.

I use the bronze shade to dust my large forehead for a very natural sun kissed bronze.

Stays on all day. Expensive. Ugh I love it and will buy it again