October 22, 2014 | 2056 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous Butterfly

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2014 3:49:00 PM More reviews by 223minx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this mascara. The wand is kind of strange but the finish is nice and dark and almost vinyl looking. It doesn't seem to flake (which is always a deal breaker) and overall has a nice texture once dry. Application technique seems to work best if you position the wand on the outside first and slowly wiggle/drag and work your way in. I also did not notice any clumping. Easy clean up if you do make a mistake, but lasted until I washed it off with no transfer or raccoon eyes and cleaned up easily with plain soap and water. This is pretty much what I look for in a mascara, as it's not ever going to recreate false eyelashes for you. Smooth, even coverage with a glossy black finish and easy to remove when you're ready.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2014 6:31:00 AM More reviews by beautyflower

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Unfortunately, this didn't work out... FOR ME and I think it's important to point it out because I'm not the one that likes to flip my wrist or switch hands - even tought i do with this one. It does give nice definition, nice length and volume... but I could only get the right eye right (no pun intended!). I gave it to my sister and since she flips her wrist, she likes it. It can sometimes flakes, so one lippie out for flaking and one lippie out for the fact that it doesn't works for me. I had the midnight black version, by the way. If you want this without the 'wing', i recommend the L'Oréal voluminous million lashes. I found the formulas to be somewhat similar; only thing that changes is that on the million lashes the bristles are longer and have no wing.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2014 8:50:00 PM More reviews by Candy1981

At first I was skeptical about this mascara because I never had a good relationship with L'oreal... but I was pleasantly surprised that this cheap mascara works as good as my Lancôme for $30.00. The best drugstore mascara with an amazing brush! Definitely recommend it if you don't want to spend a lot of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2014 9:11:00 PM More reviews by papcunr

This is my first post, and I felt it was necessary to tell everyone how much I love this mascara! I am a mascara junkie- I buy the newest one as soon as I see it In stores.

I have spent quite a bit of money on failed mascaras... Until I found this one. The brush has a unique shape (as many other reviews mention), but I actually think the "winged" edge lengthens my lashes much better than any other mascara I have tried.

It lengthens, separates, and adds a perfect amount of volume. It does not flake off, and my lashes don't feel stiff.

Watch out though!! They have two different lines of this mascara!!
1) voluminous butterfly
And
2) lash out butterfly
The packaging and tubes look exactly alike besides the print on the actual tube (same shape, colors, and everything... Very sneaky). I personally do not like the 'lash out' version at all. It is very clumpy/wet. I accidentally bought the lash out 3 times before I realized my mistake. I was so disappointed when my HG mascara was all of a sudden not giving me the same results. Since I have realized that there is two different versions, I strictly buy the VOLUMINOUS butterfly, and have been ecstatic to have my HG mascara back.

This is a fantastic mascara, and it saves me so much time in the morning because it gives me the right amount of length and volume in less coats. This is a game changer for me, I hope they don't discontinue it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2014 10:58:00 AM More reviews by cmykitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is actually my most favorite mascara I've ever used. The brush shape really helps to extend those corner lashes that are hard to reach to make your eyes look bigger and more elongated. I have smaller eyes so I tend to do all my eye makeup up and out. It's not clumpy at all and the bottle is very nicely designed too. I love the sleek chrome look. I have the waterproof one as well and I like it just as much. I wore it to a music festival and even with all the sweating it didn't smear or flake at all. I like it even more than some Sephora brands like smashbox. I would be so upset if this were ever discontinued!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2014 4:02:00 AM More reviews by janes05

When I wear this mascara, everyone asks if I have false eye lashes on! I actually have short blonde eye lashes and no one believes me that it's just the mascara!
The non-waterproof is much better (not as clumpy and coated the lashes better) than the waterproof version.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Alinaanaya

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love it !!! I have long super super straight hard to keep curled lashes . Usually mascaras weight down my lashes even if there waterproof . But this mascara keeps my curl . Separates my lashes and give me more length . Gave me some volume too .

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2014 6:28:00 PM More reviews by grapes123xo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Being one of those new mascaras I was hesitant to try it but this one is really neat. The brush really does let you create a flatter lash effect at the end of your lashes, mimicking false lashes. It is not as bold as I wanted, but it's a good mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2014 8:16:00 PM More reviews by MarieatthePiano

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great mascara! It does give the butterfly effect on the lashes. As another reviewer observed, the first time using this it seems like a so-so mascara that gives barely any butterfly effect at all. It took maybe my third time before I really got the hang of it, but I was determined to use it because I didn't want to waste a brand new mascara! The way that I get the butterfly effect is by focusing first on the outer lashes with the wand at a straight angle, so that these lashes are getting the full "butterfly effect" from the curved wand. Then I work on the inner half of my lashes with the wand tilted down a little, so that the area of the wand that gives the butterfly effect isn't focusing on these lashes so much. I usually do a couple coats on each eye. Also, I find that it doesn't flake a lot at all, which is a big problem for me with mascaras. My last couple mascaras from L'Oreal didn't flake hardly at all, either, so I'm thinking that maybe L'Oreal may be the brand for me to stick with, because constant wiping of the eyes is not good for the skin! Lastly, this review has been for the regular/non-waterproof version.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2014 12:38:00 PM More reviews by tcdoan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

THIS IS MY FAV for right nowwwwwww...

LOL its not a 5 because its not part of my holy grail and I still want to find another one, but for now its the best one I USED!