July 30, 2014 | 2060 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous Butterfly

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2014 9:50:00 AM More reviews by Shaunesyd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this recently and I love it! If you are looking for a simple look, it's perfect. Not clumpy at all, divides the lashes pretty evenly. I usually use this with another mascara for a more dramatic effect. I've already bought another one.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2014 8:57:00 PM More reviews by daaiissy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is one of the best mascaras I've ever tried. it gives me the length & volume I desire

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2014 5:11:00 AM More reviews by lvrgurl77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The mascara is ok but the brush is a pain to get used to. It's complicated to use . But other than that it's ok . Does lengthen lashes but not thicken.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2014 11:31:00 AM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was extremely intrigued by this mascara for the longest time. Sure, the flared out "butterfly-like" mascara wand seemed quite gimmicky. I mean really, can there really be that much more innovation and variation when it comes to mascaras?

Of course this mascara has that pungent L'oreal mascara smell - I really wonder if it's an unnecessary additive L'oreal mixes into their mascaras, not a fan of it! Upon the first few applications, I noticed this mascara tended to considerably weigh my naturally straight lashes down. Mind you I curl my lashes with a eyelash curler heated with a hair dryer and I lay down a thin waterproof mascara layer to set the curl. Bummer. Now that I've had the mascara awhile (it's probably actually time to toss it!), it's drier and more suitable for my sparse Asian lashes.

Considering that this is not a fiber mascara, it actually does a decent job of adding volume and length to my lashes. I think the flared out bristles on the end do actually facilitate the distribution of more product on the outer lashes. I usually don't venture past two layers, as it starts to become rather clumpy and unattractive. The mascara also does appear to translate into a deep black color. However the downside - crazy intense smudge city on the lower lashes. Granted mascaras generally smudge and flake on my lower lashes, but the effect was noticeably worse with this mascara.

All in all this is an okay mascara. I purchased two tubes during a "Buy One, Get One Half Off" promotion, but I won't be repurchasing once I've used up the tubes. I do need to remember to reserve the mascara wand to see how it fares with other mascara formulas.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Sarahjeeezy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My all-time favorite mascara, and I just owned it for about a week!! I bought this mascara because the reviews on youtube were very good. I have yet to find a mascara that I kept repurchasing, until now! It makes my lashes very long and very separated and I do not get as much product on my eyelid as I do with other mascaras. One coat is all I need for an everyday look, and its easy to layer this in because the brush is so small and the teeth in it are so thin. The formula is a little wet, but after it dries a little its even better! I don't understand how the reviews are so bad :( but I strongly recommend! This will also probably work better if your lashes are already curly and long :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 1:00:00 PM More reviews by bettybrilliant

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't understand all the negative reviews because this stuff is incredible.
I have tried virtually every drugstore and high-end mascara and this is the best value, only comparable to Benefit's They're Real. I've recommended this to 3 or 4 people, and they all loved it as well!

The dual-ended brush works amazingly to separate lashes while layering on product. It's not too dramatically pigmented; it's a nice black. Works pretty well on bottom lashes too!

Love this and I'll keep coming back for more!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2014 10:38:00 PM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think the brush is the key to this mascara and not the formula. I wish it were a very dense black like the original L'Oreal Voluminous. That said, the brush is a winner because it really does separate extremely well. It adds more length than volume imo. The trouble came when I chose to add a second coat and all of a sudden the formula got kind of spiky. So I may try to use two mascaras - one for volume and this for length. The brush alone is the stand out of this product imo.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by UWMsGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well I wanted to really like this mascara and I was excited to try it out. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me at all. The brush is different, but it did nothing for my lashes. I apply coat after coat of mascara and yeah eventually my lashes are thick but that's because I have used half the tube of mascara. As far as length...it did nothing for me there either. Overall, I will not be buying this mascara again so on to try others I go.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2014 9:46:00 AM More reviews by sage4dylan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am surprised that I liked this mascara. The best thing is the wand. It finally gets my outer lashes which I never could before without having mascara all over my face. It fans them out and lengthens them just like it says. It curls them more on me than any other mascara. The last mascara I was using I liked but it made them just straight. I will be cleaning and keeping the wand once done with this tube because i like it so much. I was also impressed it didnt really clump. The one thing that could be better is the volume. Its not quite as much as I want but its workable. You do have to get your coats done before it dries tho. I say its a great mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2014 8:27:00 PM More reviews by xmaac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not a fan of this mascara. What I dislike about this mascara is the brush, it curves inward at one part which I find hard to use as it leaves my lashes looking clumpy and the lashes stick together (not separated), which isn't really the finish I like, I use the other side of the wand and it does an okay job but doesn't give me dramatic eyelashes look. Would not repurchase!