L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly

3.7

on 4/14/2015 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I was very disappointed by this mascara. I bought the water proof version and let me tell you it was so difficult for me to remove I thought I was going to lose eyelashes. It also clumped horribly. Maybe I just got a bad batch, because I found that the actual product inside the tube was drying out quicker than normal. Definitely will not repurchase.

on 4/11/2015 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Total HG mascara. It's the whole enchilada for me, separates, lengthens, curls, darkens, and thickens. It does everything I want and at an affordable price. I used to buy Too Faced Better than Sex, but this is the new inner. I always get compliments when I use it to.

I like the concept, but am thoroughly disappointed. This mascara clumped like crazy, and my eyelashes were all stuck together, even after combing them with a clean spoolie. I paid $25.95 for this, and I really wish I didn't. I will not be buying this again, unless I can find a way to stop it from clumping. It was really thick, and slopped onto my lashes without spreading though them. It started flaking within 20 minutes, and went all through my eyes (I have very sensitive eyes, that are prone to infection). It smells of plastic. I don't have a habit of smelling mascara, but upon sniffing it, I was hit with a very strong stench of plastic. I don't like that.
I typically like L'Oreal's products, but this was one that I regret.

Out of the many many drugstore mascaras ive tried loreal hands down has the best mascaras!!!!

on 4/8/2015 2:52:00 PM

I tried this mascara after reading some great reviews. Unfortunately it did not work for me. I didn't notice any volume and I have never used a mascara that flaked as bad as this one. Ugh. Very disappointed.

on 4/3/2015 11:39:00 PM

I bought this in waterproof - because I have been struggling to find a mascara that doesn't smudge/run under the eyes. I watched a review online that said the waterproof worked just as well as the normal.

Pros:
- Love the eyelash shape, makes the outer lashes +++longer - for that butterfly look
- Waterproof staying power is good - no smudging

Cons:
- Harsh waterproof in that I lose a lot of lashes (there are some better waterproof formulas out there that are gentler on lashes)
- By the end of the day the butterfly look is gone, I think the lengthening effect fades over the day

Not bad. But won't repurchase.

on 4/3/2015 8:02:00 PM

This has become one of my regular mascaras; it does a beautiful job on my lashes, giving the "butterfly" look as they say: dense, long and curly on the outer edge of my eyes, and I often put less at the top on purpose, to enhance the butterfly look. It really dresses up my eyes well and puts a good amount of product on without making clumps. I find one coat does the job of 2-3 coats from other mascaras. It doesn't do a wet look, stucked together lashes either, rather it multiplies them. I had been avoiding L'Oreal mascaras in general as I find them generally underwhelming, but this one reconciled me. I've bought it multiple times now, only once did the product not perform as well (getting old prematurely). By no means do I believe it was a bad product, probably just one that was too old (only time I bought it online in fact!).

on 4/3/2015 12:02:00 AM

I'd been eyeing this out for a while because of the shiny-licious tube, and was unpleasantly surprised when it turned out to be the ONLY mascara in the history of my mascara usage that has ever flaked on me.

I will continue to use this because it DOES give the volume that is expected -seeing as it is a L'Oreal voluminous... but i can't wait until something better comes on sale that will save me from this black-pepper-under-eye nightmare. Not cool considering i paid 10 dollars for this, not cool at all.

Granted if i stay inside all day and don't move much then the flaking is minimal, but....ugh, such a disappointment, i really hoped i would love this.

2/5 for the thickness it gives my lashes, 3 lippies taken off for unsightly and un-beautifying flakes.

on 3/20/2015 9:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It is official...I do not like this mascara. The brush design is awesome but the mascara itself has a cheap moisturizer smell ugh. Even worse is the oily greasy consistency that makes it difficult to apply. Like trying to pin jello to a wall. It doesn't have tackiness to stick easily and takes too long to dry. I end up smearing accidentally grrr. I'll continue to use the loreal telescopic shocking extensions mascara :)

on 3/19/2015 11:30:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted to love this. It makes my long lashes look beautiful. But, man, does it flake! I spent all day picking it out of my eyes. Makes my eyes red and burn, so I won't be repurchasing.

Video Reviews & Tutorials