July 23, 2014 | 1906 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous Butterfly

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Sarahjeeezy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My all-time favorite mascara, and I just owned it for about a week!! I bought this mascara because the reviews on youtube were very good. I have yet to find a mascara that I kept repurchasing, until now! It makes my lashes very long and very separated and I do not get as much product on my eyelid as I do with other mascaras. One coat is all I need for an everyday look, and its easy to layer this in because the brush is so small and the teeth in it are so thin. The formula is a little wet, but after it dries a little its even better! I don't understand how the reviews are so bad :( but I strongly recommend! This will also probably work better if your lashes are already curly and long :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 1:00:00 PM More reviews by bettybrilliant

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't understand all the negative reviews because this stuff is incredible.
I have tried virtually every drugstore and high-end mascara and this is the best value, only comparable to Benefit's They're Real. I've recommended this to 3 or 4 people, and they all loved it as well!

The dual-ended brush works amazingly to separate lashes while layering on product. It's not too dramatically pigmented; it's a nice black. Works pretty well on bottom lashes too!

Love this and I'll keep coming back for more!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2014 10:38:00 PM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think the brush is the key to this mascara and not the formula. I wish it were a very dense black like the original L'Oreal Voluminous. That said, the brush is a winner because it really does separate extremely well. It adds more length than volume imo. The trouble came when I chose to add a second coat and all of a sudden the formula got kind of spiky. So I may try to use two mascaras - one for volume and this for length. The brush alone is the stand out of this product imo.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by UWMsGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well I wanted to really like this mascara and I was excited to try it out. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me at all. The brush is different, but it did nothing for my lashes. I apply coat after coat of mascara and yeah eventually my lashes are thick but that's because I have used half the tube of mascara. As far as length...it did nothing for me there either. Overall, I will not be buying this mascara again so on to try others I go.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2014 9:46:00 AM More reviews by sage4dylan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am surprised that I liked this mascara. The best thing is the wand. It finally gets my outer lashes which I never could before without having mascara all over my face. It fans them out and lengthens them just like it says. It curls them more on me than any other mascara. The last mascara I was using I liked but it made them just straight. I will be cleaning and keeping the wand once done with this tube because i like it so much. I was also impressed it didnt really clump. The one thing that could be better is the volume. Its not quite as much as I want but its workable. You do have to get your coats done before it dries tho. I say its a great mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2014 8:27:00 PM More reviews by xmaac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not a fan of this mascara. What I dislike about this mascara is the brush, it curves inward at one part which I find hard to use as it leaves my lashes looking clumpy and the lashes stick together (not separated), which isn't really the finish I like, I use the other side of the wand and it does an okay job but doesn't give me dramatic eyelashes look. Would not repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2014 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Rubine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

+ Doubles the length & volume of my eyelashes
+ Brush makes for easy application, although you have to learn how to use it

- On warmer days the mascara gives off on the area underneath my eyes (I had non-waterproof)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2014 12:10:00 AM More reviews by scarattina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

YUCKY do not buy. This mascara gave me a bad makeup day and also put me in a horrible mood. I even took off my foundation and redid it thinking my makeup looked strange, redid it and found out the problem was this. It's a clumping formula that comes with a fairly nice brush, so the effect is a subtle spider lash effect. This was with one coat, applied precisely at that. Reminds me of how I liked my mascara when I was in high school to look older. At 27 do I want to look older? No way! I also naturally have very good thick black lashes that look fake after curling them so I was surprised that a mascara could ruin a whole makeup look. Maybelline mascara have all been great for me, usually have MUA stop me in the mac store or at the counters they ask me what mascara I'm wearing or if I use fake lashes- just maybelline! I also agree with the reviewer below who said they keep making the same mascara in different packaging. That definitely seems to be true. Overall this stuff sucks, looks very cheap, and the wand was just confusing. Maybelline colossal cat eyes will make you pretty, not this.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by brainyforester7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this stuff is a big waste of money. its so hard to use the tiny little brush. i swear they just keep making different packaging and put the same product in the bottle. not worth my time or money

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2014 1:34:00 PM More reviews by ricebear17

When they say waterproof, they mean waterproof. They mean cry your eyes out, jump in the
pool, spend an entire day at the water park, waterproof. It made my short straight eyelashes look amazing and doesn't look like spider legs with several coats.