December 22, 2014 | 1073 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous Butterfly

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2014 12:19:00 AM More reviews by gabrinelle

I love mascara again! This mascara defines, separates, lengthens, and holds a curl. I have the waterproof formula and it does not budge. I also like the rubbery wand. The shape of the wand is a little gimmicky but it works! The cons of this product are that it doesn't give much volume, but personally for an everyday daytime mascara I prefer length to volume because I think it looks more natural. Also I am having trouble removing it at night, and I've tried Bioderma, Avon eye makeup remover, avocado oil, ... It takes a few passes of the various products before I can get it all off. I need to go out and get a waterproof eye makeup remover specifically for this mascara but it is totally worth it! I also love the silver packaging. Will be repurchasing the non-waterproof version to see if it's still as long-wearing but easier to wash off.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2014 12:03:00 AM More reviews by Seaofmonstersandtime

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this mascara! It makes my eyelashes look a lot longer. Also, my eyelashes naturally point down and other mascaras aren't good at having them stay up But I can wear this mascara all day and my eyes lashes stay curled up. It's also extremely easy to wash off.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2014 12:56:00 PM More reviews by sara578

Amazing. No clumps at all, and my lashes look long and thick. The brush can be difficult to use at first but one you get the hang of it you lashes will look amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2014 9:16:00 PM More reviews by terrierhead

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this mascara in a Target beauty box last year and have been using it for the last couple of months. As the owner of the world's shortest, stumpiest lashes, I have to say that I'm impressed. The mascara gives me both length and volume, as well as a nice dark black color. I'm impressed at the lack of smearing, too - I have oily skin and a bad habit of rubbing my eyes. I have a zillion other mascaras to try once this one runs out or gets past the 6-month mark (they came with Sephora kits), but I'd be willing to buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2014 10:13:00 AM More reviews by MikaVick94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is a very nice mascara, I love the whole "butterfly" idea I think its so cool lol. anyways this mascara goes on very smooth no clumps and doesnt make my lashe's hard and spidery which I dread...the wand is unique but for me does NOT make application difficult I actually like it for the top lashes for the longer side, then the short bristles work awsome for bottom lashes this lasts all day without smudging or smearing (I don't buy waterproof mascaras that's dumb in my opinion) so yeah I like this mascara a lot and will repurchase. I also got the "midnight black" version, but thats a different review.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2014 10:55:00 AM More reviews by SmokeySings

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I love, love, love this mascara for everyday use. I especially love it for daytime use. While I do not get the full lashes like shown in the picture, and my lashes look far more natural with this than indicated or advertised, I like this mascara..a lot. It does not clump and keeps my lashes separate. I was going to only give 4 stars because while I do wish it gave me more volume, it is the prefect everyday, natural mascara, so for that, it gets 5 stars..as well as how it wears..it does not flake or smudge on me nor give me 'racoon eyes'..Just a lovely mascara. The packaging looks kind of cheap, the plastic is very cheap looking, but the formula is excellent. While it does not give me fullness or volume (there are other mascaras for that), I do love it for what it DOES do..and it does it well. I like it so much I bought it in 3 shades. I will just use other mascaras for night time or if I want thicker-looking lashes. But for everyday/daytime or even in the work/job place, this is the bomb!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2014 6:30:00 PM More reviews by FakeJapSlayer

I initially thought the 'winged' brush was only a gimmick but it acutally works. The brush does catch and lift the ends of your eyelashes. I've always had trouble coating the ends of my lashes but this mascara solved that problem. Doesnt flake or smudge on me.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/31/2014 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Makeupdollz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is horrible!! I have extremely long lashes and all it did was make them clumpy, no length whatsoever! I get my makeup done all the time and this mascara was recommended by tons of mu artists. If you're looking to try a new mascara by Loreal, I suggest the voluminous telescopic (gold one).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2014 1:35:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this mascara and had really high hopes hearing from a few others that it was a really good mascara. I found this to be a big disappointment. From the first look this mascara is very different. The brush has a comb look to it and does have more of a point on the one end and a really fuller and wider base. I found this seemed to give a great uplifted, voluminous look to my eyelashes. I really liked the look it gave my lashes. The problem is this formula is wet and clumps quite a bit. I found it kind of a pain to wait for this to dry before doing the next layer. I liked the look of my lashes after they had dried. I just found this mascara to be a bit fussy to mess with. On the days when I was in a rush I avoided using this mascara because it does take more work and cannot be applied quickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2014 3:49:00 PM More reviews by 223minx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this mascara. The wand is kind of strange but the finish is nice and dark and almost vinyl looking. It doesn't seem to flake (which is always a deal breaker) and overall has a nice texture once dry. Application technique seems to work best if you position the wand on the outside first and slowly wiggle/drag and work your way in. I also did not notice any clumping. Easy clean up if you do make a mistake, but lasted until I washed it off with no transfer or raccoon eyes and cleaned up easily with plain soap and water. This is pretty much what I look for in a mascara, as it's not ever going to recreate false eyelashes for you. Smooth, even coverage with a glossy black finish and easy to remove when you're ready.