February 27, 2015 | 1839 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous Butterfly

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2015 10:18:00 PM More reviews by missylouise

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My eyelashes are very very long and blonde. This mascara lengthened decently well but also clumped my lashes together so so badly. The more I tried to separate my lashes, the worse it clumped them.

I kind of liked the mascara itself, but the wand was not my friend. I ended up using a wand from another mascara so that the mascara wouldn't go to waste.

I will not be buying this again. I was really glad when it finally ran out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2015 9:59:00 PM More reviews by fabulousgalz4ever

This mascara is closest to the definition of holy grail! I tried tons of mascaras from high end to low end, and I am going to put an end to my search for mascaras. So far, I tried clinque, origins, tarte, benefit, rimmel, covergirl, and wet n wild. Those were all of mediocre quality with exception of tarte cameras, lights, and lashes or benefit bad gal lash (except $20 is pricey for something that is only going to last for 3 months) At first, I thought the wand was kinda gimmicky, but it is the most practical brush I have ever seen. It works like a comb in a sense that it coats lashes from root to tip really well and fans it out to give it a fluttery butterfly look. It holds the curl too for 6+ hours and doesnt flake on my eyes, I havent tried the non waterproof version, but I definitely recommend waterproof version for flake free, smudge proof formula for oily lids. It works great for my thick, short asian lashes. I like to pair this look with a winged liner look because it looks really pretty.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2015 6:03:00 AM More reviews by tisahanifa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Info: Medium length lashes.

LOVE! My HG mascara was Benefit's They're Real and that was quite expensive, so I tried this (half the price) and it works just as well on my lashes! I've always worn more than two mascaras to get the effect, but with this one, I can go out confidently just using the L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly! Already on my 2nd tube in 2 months!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2015 12:17:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My eyelashes are average. I have average length, volume and my lashes don't curl or droop down. Very average.

I wanted to like this mascara. It gave me great length, no volume, and it flaked off... Badly. To a point that I would find black specs of mascara on my cheeks. The worse was when these mascara flakes got into my eyeballs... Holy it hurt!!! It also irritated the base of my lashes, where the hair grew out. I think I may have been slighty allergic to this product.
In addition, the wand was so spiky!! Be careful, I accidentally got too close to the base of my lashes and this wand was sharp! Ouch!!!
Thankfully I bought mine on sale for $8.99. I will never buy this mascara again. I'm sticking to my Miss Manga - my high street/ drugstore favourite.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2015 7:32:00 PM More reviews by al218

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

H.G. Perfect for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2015 6:31:00 PM More reviews by Branndywbu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this worked better than all the mascaras I've had, i really like it ☺️

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2015 8:29:00 PM More reviews by mugdhap

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I quite liked this mascara. It does give a nice lift at the outer corners. Good volume and length. Does tend to get a little clumpy on the second coat but I generally use a metal lash comb anyway so that takes care of that. Would def buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2015 2:22:00 PM More reviews by melissanthi

I LOVE THIS!better than my high end mascaras!I use it on top of my diorshow
Lash maximizer and It gives me the most amazing separated but really long and voluminous lash look!Even my mom (who never comments on my makeup) asked me what mascara I was wearing.I have the black wings one that's super black!highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2015 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Amlymei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara, definitely a holy grail. It gives me great length and volume without clumps and makes my eyes pop. Doesn't flake or smudge. (My biggest mascara pet peeve is causing raccoon eyes) I can't say enough good things about it. I recommend and will continue to buy!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2015 12:41:00 PM More reviews by twilightbloom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Mascara goes on easily and gives good lengthening. However by end of day I have mascara flakes under my eyes. If it wasn't for that it would be a good mascara. I rate it as average.