August 21, 2014 | 1193 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous Butterfly

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 9:35:00 PM More reviews by LadySlate

This is my favorite mascara right now. It is my second tube, and that says a lot from me, I'm always trying new ones because they never really reach my expectations. When your close friends and significant other have to ask if you're wearing fake lashes, it's a win in my book. I have tried both waterproof and regular formulas, and had good results with both. The waterproof version can be a bit hard to take off, nothing some coconut oil & cotton won't dissolve. It's also a very pigmented black mascara, I used both formulas in blackest black.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2014 1:34:00 PM More reviews by cblazer973

LOVE! I'd rather purchase this (roughly $10 or so at my CVS) rather than They're Real! by Benefit! It's a good formula, builds well, and is a nice, dark color and really separates the lashes. My only grievance is that the brush really only flares out the right eyes lashes the way its supposed to because if you're like me, I cannot for the life of me use my left hand to apply mascara!

Be that as it may, I really like this mascara and I will definitely repurchase it when I run out! I love the length it gives my lashes and the volume I can get with this as well! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2014 4:56:00 AM More reviews by Aimeerose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I have short curly lashes. I prefer a thin long flexible brush since fat brushes are too overbearing for my super short lashes. I like this mascara a lot. Bought it on a whim at Ulta. I normally buy Mac 3D mascara but decided to try this based on the fact it looked similar but half the price. The winged brush really hugs my lashes and the shorter comb like part of the brush coated my lower lashes without getting product on my under eye. So far so good, will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2014 10:03:00 PM More reviews by Mandy1803

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love it! I like that its brush helps it not be clumpy too. Looks natural for daytime. When I'm going out I pair it with maybelline Mega Plush first and then use this. Works awesome! I even had someone ask the other day if I was wearing fake eyelashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 7:08:00 PM More reviews by iHopee

I love this product! Not too much on the bad side. With this mascara, I was able to somewhat create that "Falsies" look. I combined 2 coats of this with my Benefit's "They're real" mascara, and BAM! I got my giant lashes. One of THE best drug store mascara I've ever tried. (: I would totally repurchase this again!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2014 11:11:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had such high hopes for this mascara because it received great reviews. Unfortunately, this did nothing for my lashes. The wand only worked when I held it in my right hand -- because I'm not left handed and couldn't fan out my outer lashes without stabbing myself in the eye. The formula is very wet and didn't give any volume, just length. And to top if off -- it flaked down on the top of my cheeks and upper brow area. Too many negatives to hold on to this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2014 11:08:00 AM More reviews by Kathy123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am so picky in mascaras. I think the ones from Dior have been the closest to my likings. L'Oreal's Voluminous mascaras have been fine too but none ranked as HG. Manga has not been terrible but whoever came up with the brush on that mascara was on drugs. I tried this because of the recommendations on the MU Board. I did not expect much until I saw the brush from up close. Yes, this should work and it did. This mascara truly lengthens my eyelashes. It has a dramatic impact. It is one of the best that I have had on. I chose the very black shade and it is awesome in pigmentation. My lashes also look full and healthy. Love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2014 6:19:00 AM More reviews by Redhairedgoddess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One of the best drugstore mascaras I've tried In quite some time! Want a delicate natural look? Well look no further. Want dramatic lashes that don't look clumpy? Look no further! This mascara is versatile as it is easily build-able as far we mascaras go. This mascara is true to colour (very black). Great for separating, volumizing, lengthening, and curling lashes. The packaging is also very sleek and understated- but the product holds its own! Will definitely re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2014 6:58:00 PM More reviews by emkyte91

I got this mascara a couple of months ago and I really like it! It adds length, volume, and curl to my lashes. This gives my eyes a very bold look and I would recommend this to everyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2014 6:51:00 PM More reviews by TropicEssence

I was really excited to try this product out because my eyelashes do not like just any mascara. It was a good product. I love the bottle and the wand, the wing on the end truly does grab the ends of your eyelashes to extend them, which I had a hard time with using other mascaras. The formula was a little 'wet' , but it wasn't bad at all. I didn't get clumps using this , which is great because I always have to have clump-free lashes. It separated my lashes and lengthened them. It wasn't very volumizing; I didn't feel as if my lashes were all completely separated, voluminous, and long. Definitely better than A bunch if drugstore mascaras. Applies wonderfully to bottom lashes, especially small ones like I have. I would use this on-the-go if I didn't have time to apply another mascara or if I couldn't find a better one. Currently my go-to mascara. Recommended.