January 27, 2015 | 2023 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous Butterfly

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2015 11:59:00 AM More reviews by jianing23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So far my HG drugstore mascara!
I have asian lashes that are kinda long, but super thin and i dont have a lot...
this mascara provides great length and also just enough volume to make them look super fluttery! I find that the brush although is not symmetrical, deposites just the right amount and separates extremely well. At first it wasnt that good but if you let it dry a bit and once the formula isnt so wet, it works really well! holds my curl pretty well but if you let dry in between coats, it will appear clumpy and flake.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2015 1:19:00 PM More reviews by samalynnx3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this mascara, it lengthens and makes lashes have volume at the same time. The brush is definitely different from the 10 other mascaras I have, and it works for me. The only downside with this mascara is I find it flakes off throughout the day. I don't use it everyday, but when I am looking for some dramatic lashes, this is my go to.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2015 8:15:00 AM More reviews by ranimaries

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

My holy grail mascara! I wouldn't recommend this for anyone who wants natural lashes, however I would recommend it to someone who loves long bold lashes. I'm not a fan of fake lashes and 2 thin coats of this mascara does it all for me! I love the brush and use the smaller bristle for my lower lashes. This is by far my favourite drugstore mascara

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2015 4:12:00 PM More reviews by heartopensky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This mascara has a cool, unusual - albeit gimmicky - brush, and generally good reviews here and elsewhere. Loved everything about it, until I looked up an hour after applying to see flakes under my eyes. No mascara I've ever used in my life has flaked like this. I'm not prone to running, smearing, flaking, average combo skin, and dry around eyes. This mascara has the worst formula! It also smudges, so you've got the shaded, I-put-charcoal-eyeshadow-under-my-eyes-thing going on, with a sprinkling of flakes on top. Seriously? Maybe I got a bad batch? For me, it's a total turkey. Very annoyed.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2015 7:59:00 PM More reviews by llumi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oh my gosh, I kept seeing this product and wanting to buy it but kept putting it off. Finally, I caved (extrabucks, what can you do?). I made a crazy disaster the first few times I tried it. It's a 'wet' mascara and a wonky brush and I was having trouble making the two work together. With some practice I succeeded and will say I do like it better than a lot of the other "Butterfly" mascara's. I don't notice a lot of length but I can get the outer corners of my lashes to do a really good flip. In my case, the trick was to do all lashes with the tiny bristle side and then go over them with the weird bristled side a couple of times. I do have 2 other mascara's I will use as my go to mascara. But this is top 5 for sure, especially if I'm looking for a natural look. It certainly isn't a dramatic look on me, even with up to 4 coats.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2015 8:38:00 AM More reviews by ZeroMuch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had enviable lashes all my life until I hit 40. It's like half my lashes have fallen out and it's almost unnerving to see the difference now. This mascara is the first one (in a long line of trials) to actually give me my old look back. I use one coat that never clumps and my lashes have the volume I'm looking for. The brush is the key, but the key for me was using a lighter hand than I had been using. This really is a "less is more" product for me, as I use less coats and less effort to apply it. I agree with an earlier reviewer that it still seems to run out quite quickly, even with only one coat per day.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2015 8:43:00 PM More reviews by fionasimmins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So the mascara itself is GREAT. It gave me gorgeous full long "falsie" looking lashes and my sister said they have never looked better.

The PROBLEM?? It ran out sooooo fast!! Like, insanely fast. I have tried several tubes and it's not a fluke and I don't "pump" my wand in and out of the tube. I thought I could suck it up because I loved the formula so much, but at the rate I went through it, I may as well fork over the cash and head to sephora.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2015 1:06:00 PM More reviews by basschik90

I got this for christmas (I don't know why people insist on giving shitty makeup for Christmas...I have my own nice products at home, I'd rather have a candy bar). Anyway I put this on in the morning and by lunchtime it's already flaking off onto my face. It's total garbage. The applicator brush is in this cateye type shape I guess, but the formula is very bleh and causes awful clumping and doesn't go on right without wiping most of it off the brush first. Personally I use Calvin Klein's One Color mascara in black, and it's the best mascara i've ever used (and I got it for free with my birthday coupon from Ulta, I will be buying again when it runs out). Seriously, this stuff is garbage, don't bother buy it, I'd say invest in the CK One mascara for really great separation and volume.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2015 9:30:00 PM More reviews by abbysanderson

I was not a big fan of this mascara. The packaging made it look very cool, but I found that there was a lot of residue (tiny black flecks) at the end of the day. Initially my lashes looked decent, albeit mildly clumped, but the big turn off was the flaking. I have this in my desk as an emergency back up, but I won't be buying it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2015 10:24:00 PM More reviews by Allybeee