October 31, 2014 | 850 users online

Foundations - Almay - Amazing lasting sheer foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2004 8:21:00 PM More reviews by tmccray2

This was my favorite foundation, but unfortunately it's been DISCONTINUED. Almay hasn't come up with anything that compares.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2004 11:05:00 AM More reviews by Bri_Bri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used it once, but the lightest shade was still too dark for my face and looked orange. Very embarrassing. Someone commented on its unnaturalness- NOT what you want with foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/11/2004 9:46:00 PM More reviews by sweetgirl195

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ugh! I'm very unhappy with this foundation. When I first put this on, it covered a ton of my blemishes and acne scars. I was very surprized for a drug store foundation! I looked great, even though I still had to blot my oily forehead and nose after 3 hours. It didn't last as long as 16 hours though. But it still lasted a good 6 or 7, which is unheard of in foundations for me. Anyways, after a long day I washed my face and guess what I found? A TON of new big pimples that hurt like a mofo. I looked like a giant lobster that had just come out of a flaming hot oven. My face was burning up and it looked super red. This baby is hittin the trash can like every other foundation that I've tried :( *sighs* HG, where are you?

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2004 5:04:00 PM More reviews by MyNewHobby

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This review is for Almay Amazing Lasting 16 hour makeup. This is my HG concealer and foundation in one(on a good skin day). You can apply a second "coat" under eyes(after first application has dried) for darker circles and it doesn't crease or look cakey. You can achieve a light-med or full coverage look by the amount you apply. It doesn't change color, looks flawless and is a perfect color match for me. I am a ppp with yellow undertones and I use PALE. One drawback is the open top bottle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2003 6:09:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

I had tried the heavier, original version of this makeup and decided I would give this a whirl. However, upon wearing it the first time, it was not anywhere near the original's quality for staying power and flawless coverage. I also wasn't thrilled about the packaging either, I prefer the cute twist top on the original one. I would not buy this product again as I feel the coverage was way too sheer, if I wanted the same effect as the original, I would just use less and get a better lookl.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2003 8:54:00 PM More reviews by blazinghot

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

yukkie!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2003 5:56:00 PM More reviews by redhot_blinker

i found it great for my combination skin

rated 2 of 5 on 3/21/2003 3:41:00 AM More reviews by catrpillrgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I thought the texture was a nightmare..chalky, with uneven coverage...that is the product is sitting on the skin in uneven streaks, but I'm refering to the the feel of it sitting there like a patchy mask,not that you can actually see any coverage at all. I take that back, the orangey cast was a bit noticable. Never again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2003 8:11:00 AM More reviews by joannaB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

got this from ulta. the silver tube is kind of cool, the plasticky smell is less annoying than revlon's colorstay, but the foundation goes on too sheer. it disappears with no coverage whatsoever that i could see, which is too bad because i really liked the smooth, liquidy texture.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2002 12:59:00 PM More reviews by fayeleah7

I guess I'm one of few who actually like this product. I have to work 10 to sometimes 16 hour shift at a retail store and this stuff stays on! Yes the texture is kinda gross and it takes some practice to get all day makeup to blend in. But I do love it..its the only thing to get me through christmas looking polished. Unfortunately they have stopped carrying it in my area!!