Cover Girl Flamed out shadow pencil

2.6

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I was looking for an eye crayon/stick shadow to use as a smudger. This was the closest I could find. It's really iridescent and not at all what I wanted. It's a very pale lilac shade and was the darkest purple shade they made. It is not soft enough to be used as a shadow because you have to press too hard to get anything out of it. It's better than nothing for smudging your thin liner on the lower lid.

Although I have super sensitive eyes, this did not burn my eyes or eyelids at all. It's just not a very useful product as the colour is too pale and shimmery to do anything much.

Have you ever wanted to sit down and color something groovy and were handed the cheap, colorful wax crayons that didn't deposit any color onto the paper because someone was too cheap to buy the Crayolas that weren't that expensive to begin with?

These are like that.

I have to really rub hard on my eyes for this to show up. When I tried to use it as an eyeliner, it felt like I put a match up to my eyes!! It burned so bad for about 15 minutes. Unfortunately, I didn't like these, and won't repurchase.

I have it in 305 which is the white colour. It swatches nicely on my hands, but when I try to apply it on my eyes it drags and does not show up.The casing is very difficult to sharpen, and ends up jagged and splintered, which I do not enjoy putting near my eyes. Also, the shadow lead completely fell out of the casing.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this because for awhile I was looking for a light pink shade that wasn't too light to see but also wasn't hot pink. I bought this pencil (I forgot the name but maybe primrose flame?) and the color is beautiful. I have super oily lids and compared to maybelline's color tattoo this stuff stays on great, the maybelline creased right away even with primer potion. Unlike others I never experienced any burning and my eyes are really sensitive to fragrance, then again I was using as a shadow and not a liner. Overall I'm absolutely buying more because the pigmentation and staying power is just too good, and cheap, to not take advantage of.

I purchased #315 Lime Green Flame. It's a gorgeous metallic lime green. I wore it on my lids under a powder shadow without any problems but a few days later when I went to use it in my water line my eyes started to burn and sting. My eyes were so watery and red I had to wash my face and eyes off to get it to stop. At that point I couldn't decide if it was the new eyeshadows or the pencil. So I used it again a few days later and the same thing happened and it was the only thing I had on my eyes. I promptly threw it out and won't be using anymore of that line.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I was pleased that Cover Girl finally came out with a cream shadow product that I consider close to acceptable (unlike the shadow blast nightmares) These stay put all day and are crease proof, they are also good when you are in a pinch (I tried melted caramel and dark grey one by the way) However, the formula is a bit more dry and tends to tug on the skin when compared to the maybelline color tattoos. Also, they are a pain in the butt to sharpen, so bad in fact that I ended up going through one in a month because every time I applied it the tip would break off and when Id sharpen the pencil would come apart in chunk like pieces...if only they could be in a twist up stick type formula!

Covergirl I noticed has perfume in their products so if you have sensitive eyes steer clear! These would be great if they were easier to sharpen.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Update: I found the 3-in-1 sharpener at CVS. It's CVS brand, and for whatever reason, it's not located with the dual sharpeners. Bottom line is that I found it and it works.

I bought 350 and fell in love with it immediately. So easy to apply; it stays put all day on me, and let's face it, it's cheap. No burning as others have mentioned, but when it comes time to sharpen it, you need lots of patience. The sharpener size is between a regular sharpener and a chubby one, so the chubby size doesn't really work. You would think Cover Girl would sell the correct sharpener, wouldn't you? They don't, but the SA at Walgreens sold me a dual sharpener by Wet and Wild. I sharpened. And I sharpened. And I sharpened some more, until over half the pencil was gone. The tip broke off in the sharpener as soon as I made any progress.

I took the pencil and the sharpener back to Walgreens and showed another SA the problem. He gave me a new pencil and I bought the Revlon double sharpener. I haven't used this sharpener yet, but I'm pretty sure it won't work any better than the first one. I just read on another review site that CVS has a triple sharpener that fits this pencil perfectly. Next time I'm there, I'll get one. If it weren't for the sharpening problem, I'd give this 5 stars.

I love love love the Flamed out shadow pencils however I tried sharpening it and completly distroyed the tip and still can't get it usable. I feel lucky after reading the reviews that I haven't have any allergic reactions to the pencils as I truely like them!

I was super excited to get this stuff because of the beautiful color, but I ended up extremely disappointed. The color was beautiful, 340, which is kind of a light shimmery pink, but I opened the container and the tip literally fell off. I was so upset. This is also EXTREMELY HARD TO SHARPEN. The top was basically destroyed by the time I got some kind of tip. once I did put it on, it did burn and usually I don't have sensitive skin like that. very disappointed.