Bumble & Bumble Thickening Dryspun Finish Spray

3.2

on 2/9/2015 10:22:00 AM

My stylist recommended this product when I had long hair, and I was skeptical. It's good for second- or third-day hair for a bit of grit and volume at the roots. My hair is very fine, so just a few spritzes worked for me. I used in once in a while and thought it was okay. However, I just cut my hair into a modified pixie, and for this cut, I LOVE this product. It really adds nice dimension, shape and volume to my short hair. Yes, I wish it were cheaper and that a bottle lasted longer, but all in all I'm glad I found this product.

on 2/3/2015 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This spray only works if I use it in conjunction with the thickening mousse from the same line for me. I tried it by itself one day and it really didn't do much, Both together though, give my hair weightless bulk for about 6-7 hours. Just my two cents. My hair is fine, slightly wavy, color treated, just past my shoulders btw. Drawbacks are of course the price, and it can be drying on my hair because it contains alcohol, hth someone.

I was very excited to try this spray, but was sorely disappointed.

My hair is cut as a long bob with a longer front and sliced ends. I have fine straight hair, but an abundance of it. Unfortunately, my hair gets greasy at the roots and lacks volume in general.

I bought this spray to get volume in my hair and a tousled out-of-bed- look for my normally flat hair. I also wanted a little bit of texture as my hair is straight and sometimes too soft to hold any style.

But no matter what I tried, it really didnīt work well for my hair.

The usual method I use this spray is spraying it onto the roots and concentrate on the back of my head where I want most of the volume.

The only thing this spray does is smelling awful and making my hair feel dirty. I find it hard to balance the amount of spray to the point where it is enough spray to work, but not making me feel like I have dirty hair or too much product in my hair. It smells like chemical cheap drugstore hairspray and makes me wish, theyīd just skipped the perfume and made it perfume-free.

My hair doesnīt have the volume I want and I feel that throughout the day, my hair starts to look like I have no product in. Flat and lifeless.

I cannot archieve this effortless tousled look with this product and it surely doesnīt work for my type of hair.

The spray comes in a 150 ml/4 oz can and costs 30 Euros/30 dollars.

The price alone is one thing that puts me off. I donīt mind paying money for high-end hair stuff as I use Aveda, Kevin Murphy and Bumble and Bumble products. But this one oversteps the line having only a tiny amount of product for such a huge price. Itīs simply no good value for money even for a high end product.

I wouldnīt buy this again and suggest to try this as a travel size first.

This was one expensive hairproduct mistake for me.

on 9/24/2014 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I like this stuff for occasional use. It really does lift and separate, which I love. However, it needs to be teased throughout the day to make it last. I wish it was just a tad bit stronger, which is why I'll be trying the Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray next. I've heard the two are similar are similar, but B&B is a bit less intense. We'll see, but overall I would definitely purchase again.

on 9/2/2014 1:10:00 PM

If you can afford to buy a $30 can of hairspray once a month and you've got fine hair, this might be for you.

I definitely think this is a product for fine hair only- I doubt it will do much on thicker hair.

Just as a previous reviewer, I too was seeking Brigitte Bardot volume for my fine hair and this product does the trick. It adds just enough texture and hold to boot - great because I have not found a hairspray that doesn't weigh my hair down or look awful after an hour or so. Fine hair is tricky! This stuff is magic!

HOWEVER, I can't keep buying it! I may buy one more can to use for special occasions but I seriously blow through a can in a month or less and this stuff isn't cheap! And that's not even with very liberal use - once a day, mainly on my fringe!

Terribly sad I can't afford this and I'm on the hunt for a comparable product that is more affordable - message me if you know of one!

on 7/23/2014 10:04:00 PM

My hair is straight and fine yet I always want Brigitte Bardot-style volume, which can be tricky sometimes. I love this product, though--I can spray it on my hair and voila, there seems to be twice as much of it and it isn't as slippery, which means I can coax it into those voluminous updos pretty easily. It doesn't get all stiff like hairspray or make my hair greasy, which I really appreciate. As a bonus, it smells divine! The price is a bit steep here, but for this I would say it's worth it depending on how long it takes me to go through a bottle. If it's anything like my other Bumble and bumble products it will last awhile, and if that's the case, I won't hesitate to repurchase.

on 7/21/2014 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I love it. I have pretty fine hair and nothing adds the volume that much as this Finish Spray. I just got a haircut recently (up to shoulders lenght) and my hairstylist used this spray to add some volume. I must say - Wow, I was very impressed. My hair got that extra 80% volume and it was easy to brush out, still keeping the volume at 50%. My hair felt strong and thick for 2 days. I absolutely love it. It was $29 at the salon so I did not purchase it. But I am planning to buy it from Sephora, a smaller size for $16.

on 7/2/2014 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had really high expectations for this. I expected it to give me some nice volume, texture and grit but unfortunately, it didn't live up to its expectations.
When I first use the Dryspun Finishing Spray in the morning, I like the results it gave me, but I have to use quite a lot of product to get the volume I want. It's great for adding some grit to my hair if I'm braiding it and that's about it.
It doesn't last long at all and there's too much product that comes out when you want to spray at little at a time. It's also very expensive and small for the price.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Thank God that Boots allows one to buy a mini version of this product (still, I am minus Ģ11 grrrrr) because it turned out to be another jolly disappointing product from Bumble & Bumble.

Packaging is really lovely but the product itself is a total waste of money if you like me have delicate, thin hair and you are hoping for some lift at the roots without having to dust powder, spray dry shampoo or a sticky hair spray - all of which always creates a sad, limp, terrible looking second day hair.

I watched a couple of reviews on YT (of lovely beauty columnist Sally Hughes among others who used it on her fringe where it seemed to work? Sorry, I have no fringe.) where people were hesitantly saying 'Errrrmmm, maybe it will work better for people with thin hair?' < well, if you have thick hair why do you bother with it in a first place and fyi if you have thin hair, nope, it will not work for us either.

The first thing is the smell. People, THE SMELL. Like I went on a time trip back to the 1980s and ended up in a suburban hair salon which would inevitably give you a poodle perm - simply awful, cheap, cologne-like smell. Who on Earth in the B&B marketing department came up with the idea?! Beware, it lingers and overpowers any perfume you would be wearing so you spray it, you're stuck with it until you wash your hair.

Then the main disappointment which is actually the product in action - there is no added volume. Nada. No grip, nothing gets a lift at the roots no mater how much you spray. What I got instead is a flyaway, matte, stinky hair that looked even thinner than before.

Not the look (or smell) I was hoping for - I am sticking with Charles Worthington texturising spray (pink bottle) or my absolute favourite (because one does not have to tightly control the amount sprayed like in Ch W's product case) L'Oreal Txt. I am yet to try the infamous Oribe but I've heard people talking about the perfume in it, and now I got seriously worried...

on 3/1/2014 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've worked with this for two weeks and it's going back. I have very fine hair but a decent amount of it. I need something to add volume to the roots or it lays flat on my head. Looking at the video for this I thought it might be a good way to get the hold and texture I get when I first add loose curls to my hair. Most hair spray weighs my hair down so the "dry spun" aspect intrigued me. This holds my hair the first day but the next day when I restyle without washing it's flat and chunky no matter what I do, not matter how little I use the first day. I had a co-worker ask if she could brush my hair to get it to look "like it normally does"! For the ridiculous price point it's going back. I'm sticking with my HG root lifting product Osis Dust It with a light spray to Tres 2.

Top Rated Bumble & Bumble Products