Bumble & Bumble Thickening Dryspun Finish Spray

3.3

So it's Christmas, and the Cheech and Chong bit about Santa Claus comes on Sirius. How does Santa get his reindeer off the ground, man? asks Chong.

"Oh well, man...he had some magic dust, man." Cheech replies. I screamed and nearly drove off the road. That's my Dryspun Finish! It's freaking Magic Dust!

So I don't know what's in this because my eyes barely work enough to focus on the road, and the dark print on the back of the can is mighty small. And my hairstylist tells me that this stuff doesn't work on everyone. But for me, a couple of sprays on each side of my head gives me volume like I haven't had in years. I have stick straight, boob-length hair that is prone to breakage and thinning these days. (Thyroid meds+hair=lots of visible scalp. Aging sucks.) But a push of my finger, and my hair looks so good that when my graying roots are covered, even strangers tell me my hair is gorgeous. No kidding. I might add a couple of light waves with a curling iron, and then I lift up the top layer, do a quick burst or two, and this stuff gives me volume like nothing else. Let it set for a minute and then shake it out again. Perfect. It's got a fragrance that I'm not crazy about, but it disappears after about 10 minutes. I admit it's a little pricey, but I don't go through it that quickly. I also don't like that the can looks a lot like other products in the b&B line, as I accidentally bought mousse that I thought was what I wanted. (The mousse is fine, and I do use it occasionally, but only because it's there. I wouldn't buy it again.) But if you're looking for a little magic for your hair, some of this might work for you, too.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This doesn't work on my hair type. I have long thick straight layered hair but it never holds a curl. I bought this in hopes of holding the body from large Velcro rollers. Forever, I've been looking for a product that holds and provides root lift but doesn't cause helmet head. It just doesn't exist for me. I heard very positive things about dryspun so I went and bought the tiny travel can for $16. I ended up needing to use about 75% of the can in one night! I get amazing lift at first application but it falls in about 5 minutes. I need to reapply this throughout the day or night to maintain the lift and with that, comes major buildup. I typically never use hairspray on my hair unless I need to put rollers in or curl it. I was hoping this would be HG status considering the price and the high end name but it falls flat for meeting my expectations.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

sadly, I love this. It's so not worth 30 bucks but nothing gives me the volume I want like this does. I have long hair, layered, with bangs. The look I go for is that sixties big wavy hair thing with the thick bangs, and this is the only thing that gives it to me. I love it. But unfortunately, even though I do use bumble a lot, I go through this so fast that I can't justify purchasing it regularly. If you need volume at the roots and have the cash to burn, nothing works like this.

I wanted to love this product so much. There are components to it that I do like - and I think for the right application and hair type, this stuff is probably HG material.

My hair is wavy, textured, bob. I have been using Oribe texturizing spray and thought this might be very similar. In theory, it is. But the Dryspun left my hair crunchy. Not in an 80's hairspray way, but in a bird's nest kind of way. I also didn't think it was effective enough (for me) as a dry shampoo and I quickly learned that using that much on my scalp was a big, bird's nest disaster. And not in the cool way, either. So I had to use dry shampoo at night anyway. And I think this inhibited the dry shampoo's effectiveness! This just wasn't the right combination for me.

The scent is strong.

Overall, this could be perfect for some ladies. It is certainly very well made, has a lot of specific uses. Hello, runway! Hello, occasion hair, concert hair, bridal hair - YES. But for everyday, this just didn't work for me. Back to only Oribe.

My stylist recommended this product when I had long hair, and I was skeptical. It's good for second- or third-day hair for a bit of grit and volume at the roots. My hair is very fine, so just a few spritzes worked for me. I used in once in a while and thought it was okay. However, I just cut my hair into a modified pixie, and for this cut, I LOVE this product. It really adds nice dimension, shape and volume to my short hair. Yes, I wish it were cheaper and that a bottle lasted longer, but all in all I'm glad I found this product.

This spray only works if I use it in conjunction with the thickening mousse from the same line for me. I tried it by itself one day and it really didn't do much, Both together though, give my hair weightless bulk for about 6-7 hours. Just my two cents. My hair is fine, slightly wavy, color treated, just past my shoulders btw. Drawbacks are of course the price, and it can be drying on my hair because it contains alcohol, hth someone.

I was very excited to try this spray, but was sorely disappointed.

My hair is cut as a long bob with a longer front and sliced ends. I have fine straight hair, but an abundance of it. Unfortunately, my hair gets greasy at the roots and lacks volume in general.

I bought this spray to get volume in my hair and a tousled out-of-bed- look for my normally flat hair. I also wanted a little bit of texture as my hair is straight and sometimes too soft to hold any style.

But no matter what I tried, it really didnīt work well for my hair.

The usual method I use this spray is spraying it onto the roots and concentrate on the back of my head where I want most of the volume.

The only thing this spray does is smelling awful and making my hair feel dirty. I find it hard to balance the amount of spray to the point where it is enough spray to work, but not making me feel like I have dirty hair or too much product in my hair. It smells like chemical cheap drugstore hairspray and makes me wish, theyīd just skipped the perfume and made it perfume-free.

My hair doesnīt have the volume I want and I feel that throughout the day, my hair starts to look like I have no product in. Flat and lifeless.

I cannot archieve this effortless tousled look with this product and it surely doesnīt work for my type of hair.

The spray comes in a 150 ml/4 oz can and costs 30 Euros/30 dollars.

The price alone is one thing that puts me off. I donīt mind paying money for high-end hair stuff as I use Aveda, Kevin Murphy and Bumble and Bumble products. But this one oversteps the line having only a tiny amount of product for such a huge price. Itīs simply no good value for money even for a high end product.

I wouldnīt buy this again and suggest to try this as a travel size first.

This was one expensive hairproduct mistake for me.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I like this stuff for occasional use. It really does lift and separate, which I love. However, it needs to be teased throughout the day to make it last. I wish it was just a tad bit stronger, which is why I'll be trying the Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray next. I've heard the two are similar are similar, but B&B is a bit less intense. We'll see, but overall I would definitely purchase again.

If you can afford to buy a $30 can of hairspray once a month and you've got fine hair, this might be for you.

I definitely think this is a product for fine hair only- I doubt it will do much on thicker hair.

Just as a previous reviewer, I too was seeking Brigitte Bardot volume for my fine hair and this product does the trick. It adds just enough texture and hold to boot - great because I have not found a hairspray that doesn't weigh my hair down or look awful after an hour or so. Fine hair is tricky! This stuff is magic!

HOWEVER, I can't keep buying it! I may buy one more can to use for special occasions but I seriously blow through a can in a month or less and this stuff isn't cheap! And that's not even with very liberal use - once a day, mainly on my fringe!

Terribly sad I can't afford this and I'm on the hunt for a comparable product that is more affordable - message me if you know of one!

My hair is straight and fine yet I always want Brigitte Bardot-style volume, which can be tricky sometimes. I love this product, though--I can spray it on my hair and voila, there seems to be twice as much of it and it isn't as slippery, which means I can coax it into those voluminous updos pretty easily. It doesn't get all stiff like hairspray or make my hair greasy, which I really appreciate. As a bonus, it smells divine! The price is a bit steep here, but for this I would say it's worth it depending on how long it takes me to go through a bottle. If it's anything like my other Bumble and bumble products it will last awhile, and if that's the case, I won't hesitate to repurchase.

Popular Styling Products