Elizabeth Arden Exceptional Lipstick- Breathless

on 7/21/2015 2:22:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This is my first high end lipstick and i looooove the shade. It looks flattering on my skin.

on 11/9/2009 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is my HG shade of lipstick. According to my EA makeup lady this is their top selling shade in this line.

I don't know about that but I've bought and used up about 8 or 9 tubes. I've lost track. I buy 2 at a time, 1 for my purse, and 1 for my makeup bag at home. My makeup lady warns me of upcoming sales and promos so I can take advantage.

It has both warm and cool aspects, I think this would suit a wide range of skin tones, and go well from fair to dark.

Exceptional lipstick remains creamy and soft but fairly long lasting. I have very dry lips and this has always been soothing. I use Avon's Beyond colour lip plumping lip conditioner twice a day (when I moisturize) but this lipstick keeps my lips soft and smooth and moisturized in between.

I get 3-4 hours before I reapply (meals) and otherwise it wears well.

The case is square so it doesn't roll off my bathroom counter--thanks EA, very good design feature and overall it just plain looks nice. No smell either.

I've tried very hard to find a cheaper alternative with Revlon's super lustrous in Nude Velvet being the closest I've found but NV is darker, more brown and more to the warm side of the spectrum. not sheer like breathless.

Breathless is pinker, lighter and a touch nicer looking. More sheer perhaps. It just looks more expensive once it's on. Much as I like the Revlon line, nothing beats this.

I have auburn hair, freckles on fair skin with a bit of rosacea and hazel green eyes if that helps.

on 8/12/2005 12:40:00 PM

one of my favourite lipsicks of all time...the colour looks outstanding on most people. Flexible enough to use for work, for a day/night out. Awesome creamy texture. I've gone through three tubes of this!

on 3/1/2004 9:34:00 PM

This is my first EA product and I love it! The pink brown color goes with everything and really completes my face - can be professional, casual, or quick. It is darker than my lips and makes my smile brighter. The textures is so creamy and smooth!! I will defn. purchase more.

This is a really pretty neutral pink brown colour. Creamy, and long lasting. I actually read somewhere that Kevyn Aucoin loved this shade, and listed it as his most versatile lipstick.