October 25, 2014 | 1625 users online

Liquid - Astalift - Light Analyzing Liquid Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2014 6:14:00 AM More reviews by chloetess

love this foundation. I wasn't expecting to love it as much as I do considering I purchased it online without ever trying it. it has fantastic coverage but can be sheered out. Beautiful light reflective finish. long wearing. Beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2014 11:09:00 AM More reviews by Ninap7

For pale skin tones this is a miracle. My experience with it has been nothing short of brilliant. I struggle to find pale enough foundations that will not make me look ghostly. In the winter I'm around a mac nw15 to nc15 and the shade honey beige is ever so slightly lighter for me but vey very flattering. I tried it in debenhams mostly out of curiosity and waited the whole day to see how it develops. I couldn't believe how good it kept looking throughout the day and night and I couldn't wait to go back and buy it the following day.
It is very pigmented with a cream/gel like texture but it thins out on the skin a lot. Applied with fingers it goes on very sheer for how pigmented it is but with a brush it gets pretty high coverage. It feels incredibly natural and light on the skin and the only other foundation I have found so flattering on my skin is the Tom Ford traceless foundation stick but the buff shade is ever so slightly darker for my post winter skin and I didn't have the heart to spend another £62 on it especially as I was really enjoying the Charlotte Tilbury one which is brilliant. The Astalift though has spf 35 which is a huge bonus for the summer. I wear it with a nars pro prime or with the laura mercier primer as It feels like it works better with something more moisturising underneath. Although it says moisturising I don't thing its meant to be worn without a moisturiser or primer or something underneath and it feels like itd be great for oily skin although mine is more combi normal now. The finish for me is definitely mat luminous but ever so beautiful and it does last. It makes me feel very confident about my skin throughout the day and strangely for me its such a pleasure to put on in the morning as its easy to apply and you don't have to keep blending to eternity.
It's also good for under the eyes and it hasn't settled on any lines for me at any point but i do need a bit more concealer as I have very deep and very dark circles. Again it saves me masses of time as I don't have to spend ages patting layer after layer of concealer to cover dark circles.
I have been looking for ages for high spf (as I use glycolic acid pads at night) but they all go so dark and unflattering on my skin. This foundation is such a huge bonus on so many levels. If u are blessed with sandy toned skin though don't go near it. The two darkest shades correspond to the two lightest of the Chanel vitalumiere aqua for example.
I can feel its skin care properties after I take it off and it has looked great on photographs. In short, I could go on for ever about this foundation but if you can get near it you just have to try it. Once you find the right shade you' ll be laughing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 8:29:00 AM More reviews by digital242

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this in Debenhams and I managed to get 2 uses out of the tiny sachet so a little goes a very long way. Good coverage on my crappy skin and it didn't break down or move throughout the day. I liked the diffused look it gave across large pores and it did look really good on. I'm impressed it stuck about on my super oily face to be honest. Doesn't really cater to darker skin tones but I'm a NW20 so the Ivory shade was perfect for me.I'd definitely buy this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 7:10:00 AM More reviews by FrankieVercammen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I ordered samples from Astalift in the UK directly, they arrived promptly to me here in Switzerland - feelunique.com doesn't supply samples.

I have very thin, pale skin, with left-over spots from rosacea. So I need good coverage but a light-weight foundation that doesn't set in my lines or accentuates my dry patches.

I have now tried:
Chanel Vitalumiere, Laura Mercier Crème Smooth foundation, Terry Cover Expert Perfecting Fluid foundation, Armani Luminous Silk Foundation. Non of them are satisfying for varying reasons.

Today I tried Astalift. I got three shades: Ivory, Sand, Caramel.
Ivory is for the super pale. Sand is just about right for my winter skin, but will surely be too light once summer starts. So there is only one darker color left.
The shades are definitely for very pale to pale skin tones, I guess there were concepted for Japanese skin tones, which are completely different from Caucasian skin tones.

Coverage is very good, you need very little product (even less as with Laura Mercier Crème Smooth), but the foundation is not sticky or heavy. It sets very quickly, so don't dab the foundation all over you face and then start blending. Take a tiny amount on a brush and apply and blend that completely with a very light hand. And another reviewer pointed out, the foundation feels soft to the touch, not sticky at all, as if nothing is on your skin.

It did not apply powder or a fixing product to see how the foundation develops over time. The foundation does set in the pores and fine lines, the light catching particles are visible in a x10 mirror, but far less as with the other tested brands.

There is another crucial benefit for spring/summer: it contains SPF 25. If I apply traditional sunscreen under my foundation, it unsettles my foundation within an hour. And I need sunscreen because I use a retinol cream at night.

The price – compared to the other brands I mentioned – is reasonable and the container with a pump is hygienic and practical.

So now I am going to order from feelunique.com, knowing this will be a spring foundation and I will have to look for something else for the summer, simply because of the lack of medium shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 5:14:00 PM More reviews by Avawelles

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I heard about this foundation on Lisa Eldridge's website. She said it was a good option for people who are very fair and, since I am on an endless quest to find a foundation pale enough for me, I ordered it from Feel Unique.

There are only six shades and I chose the lightest neutral shade - Honey Beige.

First, it is the only makeup item made by Fuji Film, which I thought was pretty cool. It is supposed to adjust to any light you wear it in. It is also SPF 25.

I'm not going to beat around the bush. This foundation is hands down THE BEST I have ever tried. It looks so beautiful once applied that I literally cannot believe it.

It comes in a red pump bottle. It has a gel like consistency and there is no discernible fragrance. It takes half a pump to do my whole face. The pigment in it is super fine and I apply a VERY thin layer throughout the center panel of my face and then blend it to the edge. It has really good coverage and yet it looks like I am not wearing anything at all. Also, it sets pretty quickly and when I touch my face it isn't sticky or even tacky.

I have tried foundation in ranges from Lancôme, Bobbi Brown, Koh Gen Do, Yves St. Laurent, and - at the lower end - Bourjois. I have not seen anything that even compares to this in terms of quality, coverage, color, and the ability to look completely natural.

I am not in the U.K. and had to order it sight unseen, but Astalift does send out samples of their foundation if you request it.

If you are super pale, you should definitely give this a try.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by goodtiger

"Embrace a new luminosity with Astalift's breakthrough Light Analyzing Moisture Foundation. By recognising changes in light to absorb and reflect in the best way, shadows and fine lines are smoothed and skin looks naturally radiant in any light.

Infused with anti-ageing skincare benefits, Astalift Light Analysing Moisture Foundation contains SPF 25, the powerful antioxidant – Astaxanthin* and various types of collagen also found within the ASTALIFT skincare range to keep your skin in optimum condition.

Light Analyzing Technology:
Light Analyzing Powder, a key component within the foundation allows it to mimic the way light is naturally absorbed and reflected by the skin to help maintain a consistent natural looking complexion in varying light conditions.

When light hits the surface of the skin, blue light is absorbed by melanin and yellow light is absorbed by haemoglobin. The unique Light Absorption Technology within Astalift's Light Analysing Moisture Foundation absorbs blue and yellow tones in light, which leaves the foundation looking natural when applied on to the skin.

*contained in the Haematococcus Pluvialis Oil"

Shades:
- Rose Beige is suitable for very fair skin with pink undertones
- Honey Beige is suitable for very fair skin with neutral undertones
- Sunny Beige is suitable for very fair skin with yellow undertones
- Ivory is suitable for fair skin with neutral undertones
- Sand is suitable for medium skin with neutral undertones
- Caramel is suitable for Olive skin with neutral undertones

www.feelunique.com/p/Astalift-Light-Analyzing-Moisture-Foundation-SPF-25-30g

Sounds great eh? Its crap unless you happen to be a vampire or zombie. Im NC20ish and consider myself "light" so I bought "Ivory" and "Sand" which are their suggestions for light and for medium skin. Both are chalky to the max and glowy like a jack-o-lantern! Srsly I glow in the dark Im sure. Might be nice for highlighting if I needed yet another highlighter, but for $42USD Na-ah. Waste of money.