Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Shame

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/4/2015 10:59:00 PM

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

I picked up this lipstick for $22 at Sephora. It is definitely not a cheap buy. It is very easy to apply and it holds well. The color came off as very red on my lips, which means that for some of us our teeth will look yellow. The color seems more purple in the tube and when blotting, but on my lips it's undeniably red. It is a very bold color, so if you like that this lipstick is perfect for you. The color is stunning, but unfortunately it just isn't the right shade for me.

on 7/31/2015 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love UD's Sheer Revolution Lipsticks. The formula is beyond compare (hence the three lippies). But Shame... Meh... It just wasn't right for me. it pulled much more "bright hot pink" than "berry" on me. I had to return it because it just wasn't what I was looking for. I wish they actually had a sheer berry lipstick in this line.

on 5/27/2015 2:09:00 AM

The colour is absolutely gorgeous. I've been looking for a perfect dark lipstick without looking "too goth" and this shade was the best so far. I didn't have any problem with application even on quite dry lips. Feels and wears nicely. Creamy, a bit too much shine for me. However. Needs a lip liner. Runs off of lip line pretty easy. Which for that price (and from that brand) is disappointing. I guess it's because of creamy consistency, but still... It's not a stain, smudges easily, although if not touched, the staying power is good.

Overall good product.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Wow! I just wandering around the makeup counters and wanted a new lipstick. Id been interested in Shame so the Urban Decay SA tried it on me. We both loved it. It goes really well with my olive skin! I didn't actually expect to like the quality so much. I always get gross dried skin and "crusties" (new word!) when i wear dark lipstick throughout the day, but this really holds up! I don't expect a dark red/berry to not need touch ups though, so of course after eating it needs a small reapplication. Love it.

on 12/20/2014 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have to admit that I wasn't nearly as impressed with Shame as I had hoped. The color is a gorgeous very deep vampy red with a bit of plum undertones. It's really hard to describe just how pretty a shade it is! Unfortunately, it applies a bit unevenly, even on my exfoliated and moisturized lips. I find that after a couple hours of wear it also sinks into lip lines a bit. And without a good liner it feathers and travels outside my lips. I invested in UD's liner in Venom and using it with Shame helps a ton but I feel a $20 lipstick should perform better on it's own. I don't regret purchasing Shame but I don't feel it's up to par compared to other shades in the Revolution line. I won't repurchase this one.

on 9/26/2014 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Damn, this lipstick is GORGEOUS!! I'm a red lipstick fanatic and I've had Urban Decay's Revolution reds on my wish list forever. Finally, I had a 20% off rewards coupon for Ulta and I decided to use it to buy Mrs. Mia Wallace, F-Bomb and Shame. Shame scared me a bit at first, but it got such fantastic reviews, I knew I had to try it. I've worn it as a stain and full-on and both ways it is gorgeous. It also has fantastic staying power (since it basically wears down to a stain). I *love* it! It's a gorgeous color for fall! EDIT: I understand why Temptalia had issues with this lipstick. I found that in order to have the color apply evenly, I had to exfoliate my lips with a sugar scrub first. However, I end up doing this with most pigmented lipsticks and the color is worth a little extra work imho!

I've wanted Shame ever since Urban Decay launched the Revolution lipstick line last year. I finally caved and treated myself to it this past weekend, and I'm very happy with my choice.

The color is a gorgeous, rich dark red. It's an excellent pick if you love a vampy red lipstick. I'm sure that you could sheer it out with a lip brush if you wanted to and it would look great, but I've been applying it straight from the tube and enjoying it that way. I love how dramatic the color is. It stays in place very well throughout the day, too. I think we can all agree that there are few beauty problems more annoying than an otherwise gorgeous lipstick feathering or bleeding outside of the lip line. I purposely wore Shame a few days in a row with no lip liner or primer, and I experienced no feathering or smearing.

The formula of the Urban Decay Revolution lipsticks is as good as every beauty blog says it is. It's rich and creamy without being slippery -- think a Revlon Lip Butter with a bit more grip. Shame stays on pretty well for me during the day. It's probably my longest-wearing non-matte lipstick. I did have to touch up a bit after eating a meal, but I definitely didn't feel like I was constantly reapplying during the day. And because the formula is so awesome, the application is great, no tugging on lips or drying them out. UD's packaging and site say that the Revolution lipsticks contain several moisturizing ingredients. I do notice that my lips, which are constantly dry and flaky, feel lightly moisturized during the day when wearing Shame, and that when I take the lipstick off at the end of the day, my lips aren't chapped.

Even the packaging is amazing. The sleek gunmetal tube is pretty in its own right, and the lid clicks securely into place. I can tell that I won't need to worry about it coming off in my purse and making a mess.

I put off buying Shame for a couple of reasons: the hefty price tag, and the review on Temptalia, which was pretty disappointing. I'm really glad that I checked out the reviews here and changed my mind, because I couldn't be happier with it! It's definitely a great splurge item to add to your collection if you love a bold, showstopping dark red.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A higher quality dupe of my (previous?) go-to lipstick, Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in Bordeaux. Literally the only difference (besides Shame's smoother application) is that Bordeaux has a more cream/matte finish. Love the tube, very pretty and feels substantional. It would be perfect if it came in a teardrop shape instead of the round stick. I have to apply it with a brush.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

For such a dark color, it's worth the splurge. I wear it over the Urban Decay lipliner in Ozone (clear) and it stays looking fresh and perfect for at least 2 hours without food or drink. It applies and wears like a dream, and doesn't dry the lips out at all. The packaging itself is heavy (not overly, just feels quality), understated, and gorgeous. I've tried Revlon's Black Cherry, which is supposed to be one of the most high-rated dark drugstore lipsticks, but it simply doesn't compare to this one as far as application, wear, packaging, etc. Must buy! And the other shades as well!

on 12/5/2013 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This lipstick is the absolute perfect shade I've been looking for. It's very versatile colour wise, if lightly applied, it can be a very intense berry colour and if applied a little more layed, it's a perfect dark and vampy shade. The application is a bit splotchy so I recommend using a brush to apply it. It's very good for long wear and has a lovely texture that doesn't dry out lips over time. Definitely a must have.

Recommended for Medium Skin