August 31, 2014 | 982 users online

Eye Shadow - Anita Grant Hello Beautiful Eye Candy Mineral Eyeshadow

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2013 4:56:00 AM More reviews by crazypeony

I've done a beauty haul with anitagrant.com last month to stock up on Babassu lavender rose shampoo bars (my Mom adores this so much), aloe vera gel (my go-to body moisturizer and hair leave on conditioner) and grapefruit floral water (to set my makeup). I was so happy to see that Anita Grant has finally ventured into natural cosmetics. I already saw it coming since her skincare products are doing so well in the last couple of years.

I got interested with the Hello Beautiful Mineral Foundation and thought about purchasing a sample but I just got a new compact of my HG foundie of the moment which is Purepressed Base Mineral Foundation from Jane Iredale. So I thought I should skip it for a while and try the Hello Beautful Eye Candy mineral eyeshadows instead - I'm so glad it did. I ordered Roasted Pear, Blackcurrant Liquorice, Coconut Milk and Honeycomb to create dramatic smokey eyes for the Holiday season. In a nutshell, here's what I think about these eyeshadows.

PROS

- Superb pigmentation - these are what high-impact colors are supposed to be like! Vibrant, intense and rich :)

- Finely milled - it just melts on the skin the moment they are applied with the exception of cococnut milk which is way too buttery smooth in texture that it goes smidgen powdery if you use too much of it.

- Versatile - can be used wet or dry

- Truly long wearing - these eyeshadows did not budge for 10 hours

CONS

- I'm not sure if there are local retailers carrying Anita Grant in the US. I've gotten used to purchasing her products directly on her website. Shipping from UK is expensive but the products are affordable and effective so it's still worth it.

- The eyeshadows jars have no sifters. Think of Makeupgeek's Loose Pigments. If you're not careful, opening and closing the screw top lid can be quite messy. This also makes the eyeshadows difficult to travel with because I don't want any sparkle rummaging through my bag or makeup kit. The screw top lid is quite secure but I don't want to take chances.

Overall, I'm very happy with the quality, pigmentation and lasting power of the Anita Grant mineral eyeshadows. This eyeshadow line just launched so we'll see if there will be some improvements in the packaging later on. For now, I open the jars over the sink or over a paper towel to minimize potential mess.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2013 11:56:00 PM More reviews by chrissy2020

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I follow @MakeupbyMia on Instagram and recently, I noticed she's been using the Anita Grant Eye Candy mineral eyeshadows on the majority of her tutorials. I have so much respect with Mia's makeup artistry and I truly believe she is the best one out there when it comes to creating the most beautiful and almost ethereal eye makeup looks.

I'm a huge fan of loose eyeshadow and my current favorite would be the Bare Minerals High Shine Eyecolor and just about anything from MAC. I have never tried anything from Anita Grant but the way Mia used this brand's eyeshadows for her current looks made me order some in a whim. Mia created a look using Mauve parfait and Coconut Milk two weeks ago and that's where I based my order from. Mauve Parfait is a purplish mauve color with warm undertones and subtle microshimmer while Coconut Parfait is a pearlescent matte white powder. Let me start by saying that these eyeshadows have intense color payoff. I think my HG eyeshadow primer (TFSI) helped intensify the color one way or another but when I tried to use it on bare eyelids, their pigmentation is still amazing. There's minimal fall out during application but nothing major - I should note that applying them with TFSI decreases the fall out significantly.

What I love most about these pigments is its staying power. I wore it for 9 hours and it hardly budged! It's also more affordable than MAC and BM considering that Anita Grant's performed just as well. The only thing I would want to improve on this product would be the packaging. I wish it came in a vial like the Bare Minerals High Shine Eyecolor for fuss-free and mess-free application. Overall, I love this new gem and would go ahead and purchase some more.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2013 11:05:00 AM More reviews by Poinky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm head over heels in love with Anita Grant Hello Beautiful Mineral powder foundation in Creamy Vanilla so when the brand launched a mineral eyeshadow line last week, I did not hesitate to try it out.

I love it when a brand offers a lot of color choices when it comes to eyeshadows and Anita Grant did not dissapoint. The Anita Grant Eye Candy mineral eyeshadow comes in 36 shades and 5 finishes. I initially purchased 3 eyeshadows in the shade of Coconut milk, Mississippi mud Pie and Dragon Fruit.

I patted Dragon Fruit (medium dark pink) onto my lids using a flat shader brush and then blended Mississippi Mud Pie (deep dark brown) onto my crease and outer v to achieve a dramatic smokey effect. Finally, I applied Coconut Milk (pearly white) to the inner corner of my eyes and brow bone to highlight. Without a primer, they wore for a solid 10 hours with slight fading on the 11th hours. When I wore them the other day using my Urban Decay primer potion, they held up for 13 hours! They could have stayed longer but I needed to wash my face. hands down, these are the most long-wearing eyeshadows I've ever tried! The colors are pretty intense, especially with my UDPP on. All eyeshadows felt silky smooth to touch and were also blendable. They apply with an almost buttery and creamy consistency - no tugging or pulling. Can't wait to try the other colors.