Dior Diorskin Nude Rose Powder

on 3/28/2015 7:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is the B O M B! The assistand lady recommended it to set my Dior star foundation.This is one of those powders you use to finish and take your make up on another level,not to add more coverage,keep this in mind.I was scared at first cause the powder appears rose and quite sparkly but when she put it on me and looked myself in the mirror...wow!She actually applied it on half my face and i could instantly notice the difference.It gives a nice glowy finish and it actually comes out as almost transparent,it's nice and subtle.I thought that it doesn't make a big difference to my make up until I saw a friend I hadn't seen for a while and she literally asked my if I had been having good sex lately cause I was glowing.If only she know!i got this on a 25% sale for about 35 euros.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I do love, love, love my setting / translucent powders and this beauty by Dior is no exception!! Delicate, pink, gentle sparkles, softly rose fragranced... gorgeous packaging - hmmmm, yep Love!!

Details:

You don't have to be a setting powder junkie like me to adore this product, it is perfection! They have hit the nail on the head with this powder. Not overstated in any way, just perfect! It is very finely milled, soft and pink and settles into your face with a lovely rosy glow, not shiny just a gentle hint of sparkle, just enough! The first time I wore it I got a lot of compliments on my makeup, people saying I looked well, I think it was the powder ;)! It has a soft rose fragrance and is not overpowering at all as a lot of rose scents can be.

Price:
As with all Dior, it is high end. I paid $75 from Myer, (Garden City in Perth Western Australia) but I have seen it on Strawberry.net for $65 with 10% discount at checkout, but then you have to add shipping.

Packaging:
Dior perfection! Gorgeous crystal clear tub with a silver lid embossed with Dior. Simple Elegant, perfection!

Overall:
Love it! Can be used on any skin type as it is translucent, and it looks wonderful on the dresser :)!

Hope this helped!

on 10/5/2013 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

It was love at first sight when I saw this loose powder!!! I had to have it when I saw it even though I am still struggling to finish several pots/compacts of loose and pressed powders. Why? Because this is sparkly, pink and smells of ROSES! *shamefaced* Not to mention beautiful packaging and the cutest and softest puff ever...I couldn't leave Sephora without bringing it home. I think lots of people must have felt this way because there were only about 2 of these left in the store.

The powder is translucent, very very finely milled and the sweetest rose pink in colour. Dior says to apply on the t-zone and on areas that catch the light but I just use it as an all-over loose powder. Be warned that it is rather sparkly especially in yellow light. I would not call this powder glittery because glitter reminds me of big chunks of stuff. This is more like very tiny yet visible sparkles. In daylight, I think the sparkles are hardly visible. I don't mind the sparkles that much although I wish that Dior toned it down a little. Mostly, people will see the rosy glow that Dior promises. Not Twilight vampire sparkle.

The powder will suit all skin tones because it really goes on transparent and will not leave a coloured cast. It lasts all day and does not make the skin oilier. Although it is rather expensive, I think I am loving it more than my NARS Light Reflecting Powder (both pressed and loose) NARS is good but has a little chalky finish, the finish of this powder impresses me more. Overall, if you're looking for a glowy finish, this could be THE one :-)

Recommended for Normal Skin