July 30, 2014 | 1734 users online

Loose Powders - Christian Dior - Diorskin Nude Rose Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 6:24:00 AM More reviews by Jennyfurdouglas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I do love, love, love my setting / translucent powders and this beauty by Dior is no exception!! Delicate, pink, gentle sparkles, softly rose fragranced... gorgeous packaging - hmmmm, yep Love!!

Details:

You don't have to be a setting powder junkie like me to adore this product, it is perfection! They have hit the nail on the head with this powder. Not overstated in any way, just perfect! It is very finely milled, soft and pink and settles into your face with a lovely rosy glow, not shiny just a gentle hint of sparkle, just enough! The first time I wore it I got a lot of compliments on my makeup, people saying I looked well, I think it was the powder ;)! It has a soft rose fragrance and is not overpowering at all as a lot of rose scents can be.

Price:
As with all Dior, it is high end. I paid $75 from Myer, (Garden City in Perth Western Australia) but I have seen it on Strawberry.net for $65 with 10% discount at checkout, but then you have to add shipping.

Packaging:
Dior perfection! Gorgeous crystal clear tub with a silver lid embossed with Dior. Simple Elegant, perfection!

Overall:
Love it! Can be used on any skin type as it is translucent, and it looks wonderful on the dresser :)!

Hope this helped!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2013 12:46:00 AM More reviews by UrrUrr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It was love at first sight when I saw this loose powder!!! I had to have it when I saw it even though I am still struggling to finish several pots/compacts of loose and pressed powders. Why? Because this is sparkly, pink and smells of ROSES! *shamefaced* Not to mention beautiful packaging and the cutest and softest puff ever...I couldn't leave Sephora without bringing it home. I think lots of people must have felt this way because there were only about 2 of these left in the store.

The powder is translucent, very very finely milled and the sweetest rose pink in colour. Dior says to apply on the t-zone and on areas that catch the light but I just use it as an all-over loose powder. Be warned that it is rather sparkly especially in yellow light. I would not call this powder glittery because glitter reminds me of big chunks of stuff. This is more like very tiny yet visible sparkles. In daylight, I think the sparkles are hardly visible. I don't mind the sparkles that much although I wish that Dior toned it down a little. Mostly, people will see the rosy glow that Dior promises. Not Twilight vampire sparkle.

The powder will suit all skin tones because it really goes on transparent and will not leave a coloured cast. It lasts all day and does not make the skin oilier. Although it is rather expensive, I think I am loving it more than my NARS Light Reflecting Powder (both pressed and loose) NARS is good but has a little chalky finish, the finish of this powder impresses me more. Overall, if you're looking for a glowy finish, this could be THE one :-)