Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Raisin Rage

4.4

on 1/17/2015 7:07:00 PM

After much research and shopping around for a non-sticky gloss, I think I have found the perfect addition to my lipstick case. I actually never have good luck with drugstore lipsticks/glosses, but this caught my eye. I wear this over my deep red lipstick and find that my lips are more plump and defined. And I don't worry about the wearability because I seldom wear gloss by itself and hey, when the gloss wears down, my lipstick is still on. Will definitely purchase again and look forward to trying some of the other shades in this line.

on 3/29/2014 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love these glosses. They're so perfect! I also like this color out of the four I have. It is a little dark, yet sheer so it looks very pretty. The formula is amazing, so impressive for a drugstore lip gloss. It is creamy, moisturizing, shiny, not sticky, and smells pleasant and not over powering. Maybe like vanilla or something sweet. Scent is very important to me so I'm glad this smells good too! This is probably my favorite drugstore lip gloss formula.

on 10/25/2013 2:02:00 PM

I was looking for a replacement for a now-discontinued Clinique product: Black Honey Glosswear. (This was the liquid version of Black Honey, in a round tube with a wand, that predated the Superbalm version in a squeeze tube.) I loved the Glosswear for its buildable, flattering brownish-red hue.

Raisin Rage isn't a perfect dupe, but I do like it a lot. Don't be frightened by the oxblood hue in the tube: this is VERY sheer and universally flattering, IMO. In fact, I wouldn't mind if it had a bit more pigment than it does, since I like a well-defined lip. However, it's a nice no-mirror-required red gloss that can easily be used by the red-phobic.

One lippie off because while this goes on very shiny, the shine disappears long before the color. And I like shine.

on 10/19/2013 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this on rollback for around $5.50 at Walmart. Price is really good considering you get around 3.8 mL which is a lot. Staying power... not so great but i'm not complaining considering I got it for around 5 bucks. Consistency not as sticky as i thought it would be. There's a a bit of a sheen to it but its not overly glossy. The color is really nice though. Definitely a staple to my fall wardrobe this year.

I think this is an OK product if you want your lips to look shiny. It is not something that looks "natural". I find that even the lighter colours, such as "super natural", make my lips look very glassy, especially in photographs. "Raisin Rage" is a blue-based wine colour that doesn't suit my NC25 olive (leaning warm) complexion unless I wear coordinating blush and darker eye makeup. I think if I were darker or had a cooler skin tone, this colour would be more suitable. The formula, which I will talk about shortly, and the applicator means that this colour applies rather streaky.

I think the formula of the revamped line is OK; it is not as thick and sticky and is almost gel-like. However, this means that the product has less staying power. Also, the new tube is bigger and round, which means it is harder for me to open and takes up more space in my bag... also it contains less product. I also prefer the flexible doe foot applicator of the Colorburst lip gloss line. If there were more colours from that line available for sale in Australia, I would buy them all. I am slightly obsessed with the Colorburst lip glosses. The flexible applicator makes it feel like I'm applying my gloss with a cloud.

I said I would not repurchase this colour. I also don't think I'll buy any more Super Lustrous glosses because even though I do like the colour "Super Natural", I prefer the formula, applicator, shine-level, and packaging of the Colorburst line. My two favourite glosses from that line are "Rose Pearl" and "Sunbaked". Both are MLBD (my lips but darker); "Rose Pearl" has shimmer (not glitter).

Edit: The formula of the Super Lustrous glosses is gel-like and different from the Colorburst glosses. I feel that the Colorburst glosses are more moisturising. The Super Lustrous glosses are drying unless I layer them over a waxy lip balm.

Recommended for Medium Skin