April 20, 2014 | 1487 users online

Polishes - Orly - Right Amount of Evil

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2013 11:21:00 AM More reviews by bonniherself

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This was a surprise to me. I had it in my mind that this was a chunky glitter topcoat, but it's more than that. This is a translucent orange polish full of gold and iridescent glitter, mini and ultra-fine, including some fine bar glitter, and it can certainly be worn on its own, though it's never fully opaque.

As I do love orange, and glitter, I'm pleasantly surprised by this. It is a pretty spectacular polish, definitely not subdued, and not for the timid. This polish says "Look at me!" in a way that only a glitter-filled orange polish can do.

I'm not that keen on the formula. The glitter needs to be carefully pushed and adjusted when you lay it down in order to get relatively even coverage, and because it's somewhat on the runny side, you need to keep your hands somewhat flat while it dries or it tends to run on your nails. Ugh.

Still, pretty polish, and there's fun to be had here, especially since the translucent base allows for layering (which I haven't tried, but probably will eventually).