September 2, 2014 | 1789 users online

Shampoo - L'Oreal - Volumetry Anti-Gravity Volumizing Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2014 9:33:00 AM More reviews by tabacblond

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't know what I am doing wrong with this product :-) But first week I had great results, after that I don't get a lof of volume and hair gets greasy and weights down after lunch. I don't use anything else except Volumetry shampoo+conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 11:29:00 AM More reviews by TheBeautyStart

Loreal Volumetry line has replaced my favorite Loreal Volume Expand products. The formulas have changed slightly, but in my opinion, the new products work even better!!! My hair gets oily the next day and quickly loses volume. Loreal Volumetry balances the scalp so the hair stays fresh and voluminous longer. Love it! These products are not cheap, but I order them online to save money: http://www.fashionandbeautystore.com/loreal-volumetry.html
Highly recommend! Enjoy

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by cdesla1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was totally disappointed in this product. I had heard so many great things. I have fine, thin, limp straight hair that I need to wash daily because the slightest bit of oil weighs it down. This Shampoo weighs down my hair and does not add any more volume than any other shampoo that doesn't cost $40 for a tiny bottle. Does smell good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2013 1:02:00 AM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My review with multiple subsequent updates grew too long, so I deleted it & here's the summation:

GREAT VOLUME! Fantastic shampoo & works well even without the matching conditioner. The conditioner has nice slip for easy detangling in the shower, but it's the shampoo that gives me all the volume I never thought possible. I let the suds sit in my hair for a few minutes in the shower before rinsing, just to be sure the plumping ingredients soak in well.

As it's not the easiest to find, the price for Volumetry is pretty up there. I paid $23 for 8.45 oz from eBay. But to me it's worth repurchasing, especially if I can get it cheaper elsewhere (Amazon). I noticed hair shedding has increased since starting this & IDK if it's caused specifically by the shampoo or just seasonal change (I generally shed a lot in Fall). Before this I was using Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing shampoo which (besides smelling divine) I found to be excellent at preventing excess fallout. Maybe that's the difference. But I haven't given up Volumetry, & it didn't help to alternate the 2 shampoos in rotation.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 3:58:00 PM More reviews by DebbieVCPA

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

FINALLY!
I have fine hair and have tried just about EVERY hair product that promises VOLUME and have been disappointed over and over and over ... until now!
The new L'Oreal Volumetry line DELIVERS!!!
Instead of creating volume by coating the hair shaft, the magic volume ingredient goes into the hair shaft. Volumizing products I have used in the past either left my hair brittle and dry or did nothing at all.
I am using the shampoo, conditioner, root lift and the refresh products and have bouncy shiny FULL of VOLUME hair and I am SOOOOO happy! The products continue to add volume into the hair shaft each time you use them and when the strands are fully plumped, no more is added to the hair.
The Volumetry products are a little pricey, but they DO WORK!!!
Lovin' my hair ... FINALLY!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by ajax5455

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The best thing about my hair is that it's naturally shiny. It's also fine, heavy, and flat. And I hate the feel of product gunking it up and weighing it down, usually making it even flatter. My stylist told me that she had tried and liked this L'Oreal product, so I gave it a try despite the cost (around $30 for 16.9 fl. oz.). It's also difficult to find (sells through salons listed on lorealprofessionel.com, and sometimes on amazon.com). I only bought the shampoo so far, but I'm loving it. It gives my hair just enough extra body to look and feel fuller, and there's no product residue or sodium laurel sulfate. I plan to try the conditioner and maybe the root lift spray as well. It doesn't lather very well, so instead of using more of it, I first do a quick and tiny wash with a tiny bit of cheap laurel sulfate-free shampoo (I love Suave). I get much more lather doing a second wash with a small amount of the L'Oreal shampoo, which comes in a convenient pump bottle. So far it's a keeper. And it makes my hair look incredibly rich and healthy.

Update: After using this for months, I'm downgrading it. It does initially add a bit of volume to my hair, but not enough to merit the price. Suave Daily Clarifying gives me almost the same result, at less than $2.50 a bottle. The best method, I think, is to use a lightweight conditioner only on the ends, and a good root lifter. I'm afraid the rest is simply genetics.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No