April 16, 2014 | 1616 users online

Shampoo - L'Oreal - Volumetry Anti-Gravity Volumizing Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by cdesla1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was totally disappointed in this product. I had heard so many great things. I have fine, thin, limp straight hair that I need to wash daily because the slightest bit of oil weighs it down. This Shampoo weighs down my hair and does not add any more volume than any other shampoo that doesn't cost $40 for a tiny bottle. Does smell good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2013 1:02:00 AM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My review with multiple subsequent updates grew too long, so I deleted it & here's the summation:

GREAT VOLUME! Fantastic shampoo & works well even without the matching conditioner. The conditioner has nice slip for easy detangling in the shower, but it's the shampoo that gives me all the volume I never thought possible. I let the suds sit in my hair for a few minutes in the shower before rinsing, just to be sure the plumping ingredients soak in well.

It's VERY expensive! Ounce for ounce, this is THE most expensive shampoo & conditioner set I ever purchased (small bottles) & could only find them online, but they are worth it & I will repurchase pending one other consideration....

...shedding? My hair has sped up its shedding since I started using this a month ago. Before this I used Carol's Daughter Monoi shampoo & alternated with HerCut For Dry Hair shampoo (both sulfate free) & I credit Carol's Daughter shampoo for drastically cutting down hair shedding in the shower & on my pillow (HOW & WHY it works IDK but it did)....I adore the tiare gardenia scent of Monoi but after a while the shampoo left my hair feeling wiry & parched. So as soon as I fell in love with this one, my hair began shedding profusely again. I haven't given up Volumetry yet (I'm hooked on the amazing volume), but I'm getting worried about overly thinning the way I have in the past if I don't get this hairloss under control. IDK if it's this product or a coincidence in the hair cycle process. I tried alternating between Caro's Daughter Monoi & this line but nothing's changed. I hate crazy shedding. It's like Carol's Daughter helps me grow decent density & Volumetry gives incredible volume, but I'm not allowed to have both.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 3:58:00 PM More reviews by DebbieVCPA

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

FINALLY!
I have fine hair and have tried just about EVERY hair product that promises VOLUME and have been disappointed over and over and over ... until now!
The new L'Oreal Volumetry line DELIVERS!!!
Instead of creating volume by coating the hair shaft, the magic volume ingredient goes into the hair shaft. Volumizing products I have used in the past either left my hair brittle and dry or did nothing at all.
I am using the shampoo, conditioner, root lift and the refresh products and have bouncy shiny FULL of VOLUME hair and I am SOOOOO happy! The products continue to add volume into the hair shaft each time you use them and when the strands are fully plumped, no more is added to the hair.
The Volumetry products are a little pricey, but they DO WORK!!!
Lovin' my hair ... FINALLY!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by ajax5455

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The best thing about my hair is that it's naturally shiny. It's also fine, heavy, and flat. And I hate the feel of product gunking it up and weighing it down, usually making it even flatter. My stylist told me that she had tried and liked this L'Oreal product, so I gave it a try despite the cost (around $30 for 16.9 fl. oz.). It's also difficult to find (sells through salons listed on lorealprofessionel.com, and sometimes on amazon.com). I only bought the shampoo so far, but I'm loving it. It gives my hair just enough extra body to look and feel fuller, and there's no product residue or sodium laurel sulfate. I plan to try the conditioner and maybe the root lift spray as well. It doesn't lather very well, so instead of using more of it, I first do a quick and tiny wash with a tiny bit of cheap laurel sulfate-free shampoo (I love Suave). I get much more lather doing a second wash with a small amount of the L'Oreal shampoo, which comes in a convenient pump bottle. So far it's a keeper. And it makes my hair look incredibly rich and healthy.

Update: After using this for months, I'm downgrading it. It does initially add a bit of volume to my hair, but not enough to merit the price. Suave Daily Clarifying gives me almost the same result, at less than $2.50 a bottle. The best method, I think, is to use a lightweight conditioner only on the ends, and a good root lifter. I'm afraid the rest is simply genetics.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No