October 1, 2014 | 1251 users online

Eye Shadow - Coastal Scents - Hot Pots (general)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2014 4:30:00 PM More reviews by ellablue123

Wow this has to be the highest rating i've ever given a product! These are so cheap, under $2, and soooo incredibly buttery, creamy, and pigmented. They're so pigmented that you would swear that its a loose pigment rather than a pressed eyeshadow. These blend better than makeupgeek eyeshadows, and i have a bunch of those two, which are 3x the cost :/

Also there are so many colors to choose from which is great. I love the neutrals and coppers--definitely check out "bright copper" and "peachy copper"--soo vibrant, blendable and gorgeous!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2014 3:13:00 PM More reviews by akPhilly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like Coastal Scents' hot pot single eyeshadows! There are TONS of colors to choose from, way more than the singles BH Cosmetics offers. They have a good range of textures to choose from as well, & they have everything to rich metallics, everyday neutrals, blending shades, brights, darks, satins, & everything in between! Also, I'm convinced that the eyeshadow they use for the hot pots is different than the eyeshadow in the 88 palettes (or the 120's, 252's, etc. Basically the ones that have tons of colors), it seems to be much better quality. Don't get me wrong, I have the 88 Original palette & I love it & am satisfied with the quality, but I'm just saying that in my experience, I feel that the shadow for the Hot Pots is better. It's cool because they sell the pans of eyeshadow separately, & empty palettes, so you can build your own palette, or if you already have a palette at home & don't need a new one you can save some money & just buy the refills-I believe that they fit into Mac palettes, but am not 100% certain on that-would be easy enough to find out though. A few of my favorites I reach for alot off the top of my head are Wishy-Washy, Steel Grey, Kodiak, & Rainstorm.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2014 2:00:00 AM More reviews by mrsyunyun

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Generally, the more shimmery the color, the better the payoff. Some of these feel like a dream but look frosty and garish on my eyes. That is not to say there aren't some beautiful shades in this range with excellent quality that rival department store products. With 300 separate pans, there are bound to be some hits and misses. I find that these are about on par with good drugstore brands like Nyx and Milani. The most fabulous thing about them is the customizability. I love that these pans are magnetic and I can switch them around and create looks. You get a ton of product for the price, which is normally $1.99 but will go on sale for half off. I don't recommend getting the pre-made palettes unless you can get them deeply discounted. I have 4 of them and there are several colors that overlap. (I got them deeply discounted). You do need to get the empty palettes separately (a 12 pan palette costs $6 and has a nice big mirror). Some of my favorites: Cherry Chocolate, Regalia Purple, Deep Merlot, Mauve, Camel Taupe, Bazaar, Berry Grey, Dark Golden Olive. I don't have enough mattes to recommend any of them.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 9:16:00 PM More reviews by sarbel

Hot pots are fantastic little gems!!!! Highly pigmented, great wearing, and the colour selection is vast. I would highly recommend them to anyone. I have almost every colour.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2014 3:41:00 AM More reviews by ohsojesss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My video review of the Coastal Scents Hot Pots & a video of my collection with swatches.

Mini Review & Haul -

Collection & Swatches -

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2014 10:02:00 PM More reviews by patootiecutie1988

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Highly pigmented, these little beauties come in a wide range of colors and to top it all off they are super cheap. Not even going to lie I love them more than the MAC shadows I spent $12 a piece on! I will definitely be purchasing more

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2014 12:09:00 PM More reviews by Chessie1126

CHECK OUT MY REVIEW HERE: https://makeupbyfranchesca.squarespace.com/reviews/2013/12/11/coastal-scents-haulreview-dec-2013
INCLUDES A REVIEW OF COASTAL SCENTS HOT POTS AND MORE

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by Lilypill

These separate pot shadows are really great quality! They are about $2 each, and go on sale for $.99 occasionally! You can get your own empty palette and fill it with whatever shadows you choose so it's totally custom. I believe the quality of the "hot pots" which are separate is much better than the pre-made palettes by Coastal Scents.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2013 5:09:00 PM More reviews by dulcetpurr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I know every brand has their hits and misses when it comes to eyeshadow. Whenever I evaluate a brand's eyeshadow, I tend to think about a hit/miss ratio. When a group approaches a 50/50 hit/miss ratio, I start feeling like I wish I hadn't purchased this eyeshadow, because only half of them are any good. Coastal Scents hot pots hit/miss ratio is like 80/20. I swear!

These little gems are vastly unappreciated in my opinion. There's every color that you could possibly ever need to choose from. They have more than 250 colors, I think. They're cheap. They are normally $1.99 each, but right now they are on sale for $0.99 each! You can build your own palette and they stick in z-palettes and other pre-magnetized palettes without any extra gizmos. They are the same size as MAC eyeshadows. Around 8 out of every 10 eyeshadows is smooth, pigmented, and easily blendable. My favorites are the mattes. They have lovely matte neutrals! Their texture reminds me a lot of Inglot, slightly powdery, but still great to work with. I love Hot Pots every bit as much as my MAC, Inglot and Makeup Geek eyeshadows. I find Coastal Scents customer service to be great and the shipping quick, I've never had a problem.

The only downsides to Hot Pots I can think of is that there is so many to choose from it can be overwhelming. Also it's hard to find swatches online, and the pictures on the Coastal Scents website aren't always accurate (although they have gotten better).

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No