April 16, 2014 | 954 users online

Eye Shadow - Coastal Scents - Hot Pots (general)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2014 12:09:00 PM More reviews by Chessie1126

CHECK OUT MY REVIEW HERE: https://makeupbyfranchesca.squarespace.com/reviews/2013/12/11/coastal-scents-haulreview-dec-2013
INCLUDES A REVIEW OF COASTAL SCENTS HOT POTS AND MORE

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by Lilypill

These separate pot shadows are really great quality! They are about $2 each, and go on sale for $.99 occasionally! You can get your own empty palette and fill it with whatever shadows you choose so it's totally custom. I believe the quality of the "hot pots" which are separate is much better than the pre-made palettes by Coastal Scents.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2013 5:09:00 PM More reviews by dulcetpurr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I know every brand has their hits and misses when it comes to eyeshadow. Whenever I evaluate a brand's eyeshadow, I tend to think about a hit/miss ratio. When a group approaches a 50/50 hit/miss ratio, I start feeling like I wish I hadn't purchased this eyeshadow, because only half of them are any good. Coastal Scents hot pots hit/miss ratio is like 80/20. I swear!

These little gems are vastly unappreciated in my opinion. There's every color that you could possibly ever need to choose from. They have more than 250 colors, I think. They're cheap. They are normally $1.99 each, but right now they are on sale for $0.99 each! You can build your own palette and they stick in z-palettes and other pre-magnetized palettes without any extra gizmos. They are the same size as MAC eyeshadows. Around 8 out of every 10 eyeshadows is smooth, pigmented, and easily blendable. My favorites are the mattes. They have lovely matte neutrals! Their texture reminds me a lot of Inglot, slightly powdery, but still great to work with. I love Hot Pots every bit as much as my MAC, Inglot and Makeup Geek eyeshadows. I find Coastal Scents customer service to be great and the shipping quick, I've never had a problem.

The only downsides to Hot Pots I can think of is that there is so many to choose from it can be overwhelming. Also it's hard to find swatches online, and the pictures on the Coastal Scents website aren't always accurate (although they have gotten better).