October 25, 2014 | 1065 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Paula's Choice - RESIST Retinol Skin-Smoothing Body Treatment

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2014 12:35:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

Not very moisturizing. I used it as a hand cream. It only contains four ounces, so it won't last very long if used as a body moisturizer. I had a reaction to the Resist facial products, so I decided to avoid retinol entirely.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2014 1:40:00 AM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like Mrs. Begoun quite a bit but I had received 4 samples of it and got some good results but mostly poor results. Allow me to explain why:
Maybe mine was old but the first time I put on this lotion it rolled up similiar to a product with titanium dioxide an effect which I abhore. What's really inexcusable about this though is it doesn't have titanium dioxide. In addition to the ingredients there was butylene glycol a controversial chemical but one with a reputation for making smooth application. These two points with the application were flabergasting.
I was in a rush so this went under my sunscreen and makeup and made the blush application streaky and uneven- great.
I would think this might be uncomfortable for someone with oily skin or acne. My skin is combination oily and it felt thick to me. If you have dry patches and it flakes this will make some dryness look exagerated.With all the flaking it can be a chore to wash off because you will wash one part and the flakes will spread to another area for this I recommend using a washcloth. It has a white cast if you are pale no problem but for darker complexions it could look ghastly.
The good thing is this has potentially good ingredients it is very emollient with good spreadability for the emollients I just did not like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 6:22:00 AM More reviews by Burma76

Love this retinol cream for the body. I use this on my hands, arms, neck and d├ęcolletage and it plumps everything up nicely without being to greasy or heavy. For me this would be too rich for my face but for many others this would be a cheaper way of getting some excellent anti aging ingredients.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2014 12:56:00 AM More reviews by aspiecutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a great RETINOL cream. And it has quickly become my favorite face product.
So many things to say, but where do I start? As a male, I value skincare much more than makeup. I do use blush, bronzer and powder successfully but I still haven't managed to include foundation / concealer and still look 100% natural ..with a magnifying glass :-). But honestly, I don't really need it. And it's thanks in part to having used regularly a retinol product.

I respect Paula and I always check her reviews when I look for a new product. I also admire how extensive her line of skincare is. I use several of her products daily but was never a big fan of any of her retinol products - too expensive compared to drugstore alternatives and was never a big fun of the texture of the formula. The Barrier Repair Moisturizer with Retinol for example contains too little retinol, whereas the Intensive Wrinkle-Repair Retinol Serum looks too shiny even with only 1ml of product. Yes, they say it is very concentrated and you should smooth only a few drops but in my experience there is not such a large amount of retinol inside. But I can finally say that this last Retinol Body Treatment is truly exceptional!

Despite having oily skin, I much prefer a moisturizing lotion formula which eliminates the need for layering a separate moisturizer on top, while counteracting any dryness that might come. That's why this Retinol Body Treatment is great. I don't care if it's labeled for body. Actually I prefer it like that. It means that it will continue to be cheaper and will always come in a generous 4 oz bottle which manages to beat my old time favorite Healthy Skin Night in price. This is slightly more moisturizing as well and by observing how my skin responds, I'm pretty sure it contains more retinol than the Neutrogena. Moreover, this also works better as a primer under makeup. This is my first choice if I ever have to reapply my makeup at night.

Body treatment? Yes sure.. but no, thanks. In my early 30s my body is just fine with a good inexpensive moisturizer in the winter and daily application of sunscreen in the summer.
But this is truly a great face retinol product!

NOTE: Because this is matketed as a body product, it comes in a quite generous sample size.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 5:47:00 AM More reviews by Itsheatherlol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Keeps skin smooth and supple and helps keep it young and full of bounce! Love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 5:40:00 AM More reviews by funnyblossom

Got it this week in a 50%off promo on PC. I am very happy with it so far, great creamy texture, sinks in and leaves skin smoother. I am using it on my face as well with equal satisfaction. Since my chest has a lot of sun damage and I have been experimenting with PC's 15C booster serum, I thought adding retinol would be a good idea. The only con is the smell. Fragrance free products always have that "medical" smell, but I can live with it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2013 5:09:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: No fragrance. Lovely and creamy texture, but not super heavy. Contains retinol for wrinkles and firming and lots of antioxidants. My skin is truly changing. Many use this on face too, and even my very sensitive skin can handle it on my face (see application tips for more.) Price is very reasonable. No animal testing.

CONS: I adore using this and can't find a con. This may be too much moisture if your skin is not dry. (see alternates.)

ALTERNATES: If your skin isn't dry, this may not be for you. But Paula's has a retinol serum in the RESIST line and a couple of others in some of her other lines.

APPLICATION TIPS: Many use this on the face too, and so do I. I also love to use this on my hands and elbows/knees.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2013 5:09:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou