November 25, 2014 | 1903 users online

Top/Base Coats - Lumos - High Speed Top Coat

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by Parisa909

What if I told you this top coat is better than Seche Vite in terms of shine AND drying time? Well, it really is! I'm actually astounded there are zero reviews for this amazing top coat, I've bought around 5 bottles since discovering it back in 2011. Lumos is a high speed drying top coat, and when I say "high speed" I mean it dries even faster to the touch than Seche, and in just 12 minutes my nails are completely smudgeproof and dry. It's touted as penetrating every single layer of your nail polish which is why it completely dries in 12 minutes! It just applies effortlessly to wet or dry polish, no dragging or smudging if ever I want another thin coat on top, it's fabulous stuff! It gives my nails that gorgeous high-glossy finish that I've grown used to with Seche, and there has never been any shrinkage on my tips, honestly. Furthermore, because the brush reaches the bottom of the bottle, it never goes gloopy either. In May I bought the huge 72ml/2.4fl oz bottle from eBay (I paid £17.45 - great bargain),and with twice weekly usage, including applying the top coat to my acrylics to refresh the shine, I still have over 3/4 of the top coat left!

Now, the creators state for the best results, to use the base coat as supposedly when used together it creates an incredibly strong bond. The base coat dries ultra-fast, by the 10th nails all your nails will be dry, but I much prefer to use my beloved CND 'Stickey' base coat, using the 'stickey sandwich' method on my toes, topping it off with the Lumos top coat. I firmly believe this method is why nail polish on my toes lasts so long!

I've done some research and it turns out Lumos was created by one of the co-founders of CND, which signifies to me that this top coat really is innovative and as good as it gets right now! Plus it IS professional salon-quality, used in hundreds of nail bars/shops now. Oh, and Lumos top coat can be used with absolutely any brand and finish at all too. I know top coats depend on body chemistry, lifestyle etc so I suggest buying the little mini bottle from eBay to see how it works for you. I utterly love this top coat, and will keep repurchasing for as long as they keep making it.