Bath and Body Works Amber Blush

2.7

on 10/12/2014 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I am all for fruity/floral scents and my go to is usually Be Enchanted but I decided to try something else since I had a coupon. Amber Blush was the only scent that made me want to keep smelling it. I'd describe this as a candy like scent when you put it on right away and it seems pretty strong so don't put to much on at first, you can always add more later.
After a bit though when it starts to fade a bit is when I love it. It still has that fruity/candy like scent but it is a bit warmer from the musk I guess. I have been liking to wear this more on long days when I don't have time to put on more because this lasts a long time. My mom even likes this body mist and she is pretty picky as well when it comes to scents. As of right now, I would repurchase this scent but it will take me a long time to get through this bottle and who knows what other scents BBW might come out with as time passes.

on 7/28/2014 3:58:00 PM

I like this frist time I smelled this someone in my
office, had it on and I just loved it I guess you do
lor you don't.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this scent! I find you either like it or you don't. It has a very sweet smell, almost candy-like. If you don't like the very sweet scents then I don't recommend this for you. I find I get a lot of compliments of how I smell when I wear this so it pleases me and the people around me!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Profoundly "Meh."

I recently received this scent in a gift set with shower gel, fine fragrance mist and body lotion. The shower gel has a pretty good staying power but is too overpowering at times. The fine fragrance mist smells of cheap alcohol and made me nauseous. When I first smelled it I was reminded of fragrances I wore in 6th grade, so pretty much like candy. The lotion was the nicest smelling of the set and wasn't too overpowering but it still smelled too sweet and cheap. Overall I wasn't very impressed with this product and will be giving it to someone else who enjoys sweet smelling fragrances. I think I'll just stick to cleaner scents.

on 12/8/2013 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I quite like it, and I usually find BBW stuff too strong or too sweet or both. This fragrance is neither. This may become my cold weather scent and for the summer, I'll stick with White Citrus. EDITED JAN 2014: I find it way too sweet now with that fake berry note that BBW uses a lot. I've started using Cashmere Glow which I like better; let's see if it lasts!

on 10/19/2013 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Meh.

on 10/14/2013 10:02:00 PM

I actually don't mind this fragrance. To me, it's a combo of their Sensual Amber and the Breathe Romance scent....a little of both. It's along the lines of Prada Candy...yes, it's sweet, but the woods cut the sweetness and make it enjoyable. Not a high-end fragrance, and for the price it shouldn't be, but if your budget is tight, this is a nice substitute for a pricey gourmand.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Immediate fruitiness leads to soft tea-infused vanilla wrapped with a bouquet of flowers. The bergamot stands heavy. Bits of spice, lifted by the champagne notes are calmed by the vanilla suede.
When I think of amber, I envision heavier, more resinous materials. Not fruit. Not flowers. The inclusion of orange, raspberry and apricot along with jasmine, gardenia and magnolia into Amber Blush makes this fragrance a bit too sweet, flowery and overpowering. The woods and musk are barely enough to bring it to a pleasing equilibrium where the name could be called Amber alone. It's a misnomer to me. Definitely a cold weather scent with its cloying sweetness.
Amber Blush radiates out for a few hours with one spray. I see this more as a room freshener scent than as a personal fragrance. Sample before you buy this floral fruity gourmand.
Top Notes: Bergamot, Mandarin Orange, Raspberry, Champagne.
Middle Notes: Jasmine, Gardenia, Star Anise, Apricot, Magnolia.
Base Notes: Vanilla, Suede, Crystal Amber, Sandalwood, Musk.

Popular Fragrances