September 1, 2014 | 2011 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Retro Matte - All Fired Up

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2014 11:33:00 PM More reviews by yummizu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

The first lipstick from Mac that I own and I am hooked! The formula is great. Lasts long, doesn't dry out my lips, super pigmented, the colour is an instant eye catch, but not overwhelmingly bright. Just perfection! I want more of their lip colours now!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2014 11:37:00 AM More reviews by Lforde46

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Picked up this shade from the Retro Matte line despite my fear of mattes and bright colors at my age. I purchased Flat Out Fabulous a few days ago and really love it so I took the plunge with another one.

It's fuchsia and pulls reddish-pink or a pinkish-red depending on your skin tone and the lip liner you pair it with. I picked the Pro Longwear liner in "Trust in Red" and it tones down to a pinky red on my lips. Had I picked "Dynamo" the pinker tones would have been emphasized and it would have been more of a hot pink.

As with most Mac lipsticks this is high quality with less tug than you'd expect from a matte lipstick. The wear is great even when paired with a gloss. Blends well with the liner. Not drying on my lips but I exfoliate and moisturize them religiously so I wouldn't expect that to be an issue with most lipsticks. I did not try it with a balm first. Would definitely recommend to anyone who likes bright matte lipsticks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2014 10:18:00 PM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

First, let me say this whole line of Retro Mattes are AMAZING my favorite formula ever. The wear is amazing...not only for longevity, but they wear away so perfect and even, not patchiness. Now onto the color. Its a pinky red, very bright. The color its actual closet to is NARS Luxemborg, which is one of my favorite NARS colors. Luxemborg is more glossy though, All Fired Up completely matte...of course. What I love is I can actually use the two layered to change the texture, and since the both wear amazing I don't have to worry about constant touch ups like you normally do with a bright lip! I don't find these overly drying, and this is as someone who is NOT a fan of "long wear" lip products. If you're afraid to try a "true" red, this is great color to try instead for a bright lip look. The color is super flattering and I could see it working on a variety of skin tones. It also makes your teeth look super white, and who doesn't love that!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 6:26:00 AM More reviews by aquamarinepink

Very very pretty colour. Stands out from all the fuschia's that I own. Might be too loud on fairer skin tones but is just right on my NC42 skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 8:24:00 AM More reviews by Shasha07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous colour! I use with MAC cherry lipliner and always get compliments

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 10:56:00 AM More reviews by OfficialMS

When the Retro Matte collection came out, I was already too late to order. Since then I was searching for the whole collection, but they're still sold out on the MAC website. Last friday I went to the city and as usual I needed to stop at the MAC counter, I looked at the lipstick display and I saw three ones of this collection. I ended up buying all three. My first impression was fantastic, they last very very long so huge plus!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 11:34:00 PM More reviews by HotPinkLips101

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

If u want something really matte go for this!.. All fired up became my favorite color , so pigmented and sooo matte, i get many compliments and people always ask me what lipstick im wearing :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2013 12:36:00 PM More reviews by EmmaPorter13

I can't really say that I dislike the product because it doesn't suit me. But what I would say is be VERY careful before purchasing it because on my skin tone and everything it just didn't work and didn't suit me one bit! When I saw this product on someone else online I thought it looked amazing so I went to mac and tested it on my hand and it didn't look that bright at all but it certainly is. Now I have it at home and I have tried it about 3 times now to make it work for me but it just doesn't suit me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Fabulous color! it is a NARs Dragon Girl but with a much smoother delivery and that little itty bitty pink undertone which makes it just about perfect.

love the retro matte's texture-- buttery and to me, non drying (I still use a balm underneath). Love the long wear and smooth feeling.

I can't find anything to criticize this gorgeous lippie.

I got all the colors except the darkest FOD (and only because I find it so dupeable with many similar in my stash).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by JennifeRx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have to agree with the other reviewer. The color is very similar to Nars Dragon Girl, which I adore. It's also similar to MakeUpGeek (MUG) Ravishing. The texture is very smooth and much easier to apply than the MUG and the NARS is a bit drier. The MAC just glides on. Plus you get less with NARS and more product with MAC. This color brightens your whole look. I would repurchase.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No