MAC Retro Matte - All Fired Up

4.7

on 4/7/2015 1:22:00 AM

Such a beautiful watermelon red shade! I love it so much.

It looks kind of pink in the tube, but don't let that fool you. It's much more red and intense when you put it on. You could even probably get away with using a red liner if you don't have a matching liner.

In terms of texture, it is a DRY matte. A bit difficult to put on, but quite long-lasting once you do.

on 2/21/2015 10:03:00 PM

This is the only red I wear. The only downside is it clings to dryness. I exfoliate well and put on Chapstick before applying. Gorgeous color with my pale skin and dark hair. In love with the color and matte finish.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

When I first saw this lipstick in the MAC Department at Selfridge's I just knew I had to add it to my collection of lipsticks. The colour is gorgeous and I thought it'd stay on all day with it being a matte lipstick. However, I found that when applying the lipstick, it easily clung to the tiniest dry parts of your lips so the process of ex-foliating, moisturising and applying lip primer before applying this lipstick is NEEDED. Which although should be the usual protocol, we all know this can be such a lengthy process that we all don't have the time or effort for. And throughout the day, the lipstick can get bitty and need removal and reapplication.

Pros:
- great colour
- lovely matte look

Cons:
- works against dry lips
- needs reapplying throughout the day.

Overall:
- Maybe this is just my experience or maybe I just had dry lips at the time I used this lipstick, but I was quite disappointed. I know matte lipsticks are known to dry out lips but I thought with it being MAC and the price it is, I expected better. You definitely need more products than just this lipstick on it's own to make it look great, but once you figure out how to apply it best to suit your lip type, it does look great. Practice makes perfect with this product.

on 1/26/2015 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Many people claim that retro mattes dry your lips out much more than regular matte lipsticks. However, this wasn't my experience. I found it to be a quite comfortable wear that last well for about 6 hours. The color is kind of like a starwberry red and I love it!! Becuase I had already given too much of money to Mac and so I decided to pair it with a the wet and wild fuschia lip liner and think it marched pretty well. I love the warm undertones of all fired up. Most fuschia lip sticks tend to have cooler undertones so I was delighted when I came across all fired up. I definetly reccomend this product to others!

The best next to ruby woo. color , texture and it applies smoothly I like this lipstick a lot.

on 1/16/2015 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love the colour of this lipstick. It's quite bright so I would only wear it on a night out personally but it's very eye catching.

It's quite matte so like previous reviews, I'd definitely recommend some sort of conditioning of the lips prior to putting it on but it lasts hours and is very glam!

on 12/30/2014 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Best lipstick ever!!!! Sooo pigmented, the best matte lipstick in MAC.

Always getting compliments.

on 10/24/2014 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is such a gorgeous lipstick! It's a very beautiful bright dark pink-red that looks so vivid and pretty. This is a great night-time color but I feel you can really pull this off in daytime as well. The formula is very matte you'll have to used a balm before applying. After that it can feel drying too but the goo news is that it doesn't look bad or dry on the lips! The color leaves a stain so it survives eating and drinking pretty well. I usually get about a 6-hour wear of this lipstick without any touch ups which is pretty amazing IMO! Most definetely recommend this product.

on 10/17/2014 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I consider All Fired Up a more girly version of my beloved Ruby Woo, totally eye catching. The retro matte finish is gorgeous and lasts forever but can be drying and uncomfortable. Despite that it looks so vivid and flattering it's worth the trouble. Would recommend!

on 9/5/2014 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Bought this about 3 months ago and I love this lipstick! I have been grabbing this lipstick if I am in the mood of a bright lip colour. This can be drying if you do not have any lip product underneath to hydrate the lips.

Since it is a retro matte formula, this colour lasts the whole day. I would only have to re-apply once mid day if I need to extend my day from morning to night. Had no problems with this lipstick smudging too.

Sometimes even with a lip balm, my lips do get cracked by the end of the day. I recently found 1 product which I paired with this lipstick and it DID NOT crack my lips at all! I pair this together with Dior's Lip Maximizer and my lips was plump and smooth throughout the day.

Highly recommend this lip colour as it would match all skin tones! Would repurchase if I ever lost this lipstick

Popular Lipsticks