Bumble & Bumble Pret a Powder

4.1

on 7/29/2015 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I think as dry shampoos go, this one is good. I'm just not a huge fan of dry shampoo. This is less fragrant than baby powder, but it has that kind of fresh scent. The powder is very fine, and it's lightly tinted pale peach. Once blended into the hair, you can't see it at all and you don't need to use much of it. I have blonde hair and the powder disappears into it. It's good if you overslept and realize you need to run to one appointment and don't have time to do your entire glamour routine.

But honestly, I'd rather just wash my hair. Stylists use this kind of powder for volume and for styling, bumps and beehives, and...I'd rather just wash my hair. But I think if you go camping and you're away from water, or let's say the landlord shuts off your water one morning for a plumbing issue, using this powder is better than having an oily scalp. There have been times in the past that I wished for a quick fix and now I have a dry shampoo.

I think this will last me a long time because I almost never use it. But I don't regret buying it. It is better than most of the dry shampoos I've tried. However, I think Klorane's is better.

My stylist recommended this product to me and I gave it a shot even though I've not had great luck with dry shampoos in the past. This stuff is a miracle product! I use it daily, on clean or dirty hair. It is, as it describes, both a dry shampoo and volume-booster. I use it on second-day hair for the oiler spots near my scalp and also on clean hair just to give it some added texture. It smells great and the bottle lasts forever because a little goes a long way. Plus, it doesn't show in my dark hair, which has been my problem with dry shampoos in the past. I've already repurchased once in the last year and will continue to do so as long as B&b keeps making it!

This product is alright I'm not crazy about it. I've tried it mostly as a dry shampoo and it does not absorb oil all day but it does give a good amount of volume and grip to the hair it actually makes braids buns and other styles very nice and gives great texture I do like that about pret-a-powder I love it when I do my braids it's awesome but not as a dry shampoo.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Pretty standard dry shampoo. I have the trial size and keep it in my purse for when I'm out and need a little volume boost or can't wash my hair. This works perfectly for those things. Overall it's nothing mind blowing, works as well as any other dry shampoo I've used, but I will repurchase the small size to have in my purse.

on 5/26/2015 8:34:00 PM

I found this to just be ok. It gives me some volume but doesn't seem to last long

on 1/13/2015 2:37:00 PM

Bumble and bumble is very expensive, so I really expect a high quality product. Some products, I believe (like prep, tonic, cityswept finish) really warrant the price because of their unique attributes.

The pret-a-powder does NOT warrant the price. I was extremely underwhelmed when using it. Not a huge fan of the packaging -- the small opening makes it hard to evenly distribute the product and I feel like a lot goes to waste as I try to shake it onto my hair and it ends up on everything else around me.

The product itself works well enough in absorbing oil. However, it's basically identical to cornstarch, which you can buy for a few bucks at the supermarket. Just not worth the ridiculous price.

on 1/9/2015 3:37:00 PM

NOT FOR OILY HAIR

First of all I have to say I used this product only 2 times but it was enough for me to find out that this product DOESNīT work as a dry shampoo for OILY hair. What I mean? I have oily hair (oily roots, dry length) that I have to wash every day or every other day so I am quite experienced in dry shampoos (Lee Stafford, Batiste,...). I bought B&B mainly as a dry shampoo (even though it has more purposes) and it is incomparable with regular dry shampoos - it isnīt powerful enough to "clear" my hair or I would have to use lot of product which would be very expensive. It might be working for someone with slightly oily hair or as a styling product after you washed your hair to add more volume but my experince is that if your hair is already oily this wonīt help as a regular dry shampoo.

I belive this is fine product and you can find lot of satisfied review on youtube and here on MUA but it just dosnīt work for my hair. The smell is also nice and mild (which is usualy problem with highly fragnanced dry shampoos).

on 11/14/2014 10:59:00 PM

This product works so well on my hair.
I believe its the starch that gives big, big volume and slight grip. It offers somewhat of a shine but in a subtle healthy way. There is no dryness nor is there any white casting residue.
I have only used this as a styler and not as a dry shampoo as my hair is not oily. I have used this for a night out and next day, my hair still has 'the night before' look. Awesome, in my book. It also has a nice soft scent, one small hole to dispense by squeezing or shaking but I really have to shake shake shake to get product out.
This has lasted about (4) months as you need very little.
$26 $ephora.

on 11/10/2014 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I have to add to the rave reviews on this product. I tried it last night on day old hair, it does work. I do agree that it adds some shine, very little, but still some. It does add volume. I cannot really tell yet about whether or not it will work for the dirty hair. I will update soon.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

The only dry shampoo I've had any luck with! I have really thick black hair with fine strands. Typically, I have a hard time getting dry shampoos to really work in to my hair. I end up with white residue all over my still greasy hair. Pret A Powder has proved itself unique because it seems to work in so effortlessly and definitely freshens up the look of your hair. I really like that it doesn't add too much texture to the hair, just soft and subtle fullness.

Top Rated Bumble & Bumble Products