Bumble & Bumble Pret a Powder

4.5

on 1/13/2015 2:37:00 PM

Bumble and bumble is very expensive, so I really expect a high quality product. Some products, I believe (like prep, tonic, cityswept finish) really warrant the price because of their unique attributes.

The pret-a-powder does NOT warrant the price. I was extremely underwhelmed when using it. Not a huge fan of the packaging -- the small opening makes it hard to evenly distribute the product and I feel like a lot goes to waste as I try to shake it onto my hair and it ends up on everything else around me.

The product itself works well enough in absorbing oil. However, it's basically identical to cornstarch, which you can buy for a few bucks at the supermarket. Just not worth the ridiculous price.

on 1/9/2015 3:37:00 PM

NOT FOR OILY HAIR

First of all I have to say I used this product only 2 times but it was enough for me to find out that this product DOESNīT work as a dry shampoo for OILY hair. What I mean? I have oily hair (oily roots, dry length) that I have to wash every day or every other day so I am quite experienced in dry shampoos (Lee Stafford, Batiste,...). I bought B&B mainly as a dry shampoo (even though it has more purposes) and it is incomparable with regular dry shampoos - it isnīt powerful enough to "clear" my hair or I would have to use lot of product which would be very expensive. It might be working for someone with slightly oily hair or as a styling product after you washed your hair to add more volume but my experince is that if your hair is already oily this wonīt help as a regular dry shampoo.

I belive this is fine product and you can find lot of satisfied review on youtube and here on MUA but it just dosnīt work for my hair. The smell is also nice and mild (which is usualy problem with highly fragnanced dry shampoos).

on 11/14/2014 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This product works so well on my hair.
I believe its the starch that gives big, big volume and slight grip. It offers somewhat of a shine but in a subtle healthy way. There is no dryness nor is there any white casting residue.
I have only used this as a styler and not as a dry shampoo as my hair is not oily. I have used this for a night out and next day, my hair still has 'the night before' look. Awesome, in my book. It also has a nice soft scent, one small hole to dispense by squeezing or shaking but I really have to shake shake shake to get product out.
This has lasted about (4) months as you need very little.
$26 $ephora.

on 11/10/2014 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I have to add to the rave reviews on this product. I tried it last night on day old hair, it does work. I do agree that it adds some shine, very little, but still some. It does add volume. I cannot really tell yet about whether or not it will work for the dirty hair. I will update soon.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

The only dry shampoo I've had any luck with! I have really thick black hair with fine strands. Typically, I have a hard time getting dry shampoos to really work in to my hair. I end up with white residue all over my still greasy hair. Pret A Powder has proved itself unique because it seems to work in so effortlessly and definitely freshens up the look of your hair. I really like that it doesn't add too much texture to the hair, just soft and subtle fullness.

on 10/28/2014 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have very fine, oily, color treated hair that is a lovely brunette with red undertones. Pret-A-Powder is something I use solely as a dry shampoo because I thought it would be more cost efficient than the aerosols that always seem to run out within a week of purchasing and using. This powder gives my hair volume and lots of oil absorption with little product used. It might just be me but I also think it adds some shine to my hair as well. The packaging is spill proof and travel friendly but in order to get any product out at all I have to use a sharp knife and reshape the opening to a slightly bigger size. And if used enough this product will leave a slight grey cast and powder residue on my dark hair but in the end my hair is still softer after than when I use aerosols considering this is a pretty fine powder. The price is right too since it's not the most expensive hair item Sephora has to offer and a little goes a long way. This has become my Holy Grail Dry Shampoo and honestly should just be marketed as a volumizing dry shampoo that actually does what it says but hey, I'm not complaining.

on 4/18/2014 6:33:00 PM

This stuff is great. It does its job as a dry shampoo, but is also very volumizing with no residue and, as far as I can tell, no scent. A little goes a long way, making it not as expensive per unit as it looks. It's just as fast and easy to apply as the spray brands, but with a much nicer finish.

I am a big user of dry shampoo and have tried MANY brands. Until this my strategy was to go as cheap as possible. I found that even the least expensive drugstore brands worked fine at getting rid of grease. However, the rough and chemical-y feel, plus sometimes the scent, bothered my husband a little bit, so I felt like I got a pass on at least sampling Pret a Powder (though it felt a little indulgent). I love it! I was concerned it would get all over the place when I put it on, but as long as you control where you're placing it and work it through with your fingers there is no mess. I've also started using it to give extra volume even when my hair is freshly washed. I never would have done that with my cheapie cans because of the feel. I'll also add that I have dark hair but have had no problem with this showing streaks after being properly zhooshed in.

This will also be very easy to travel with compared to a mini-spray bottle because it's so concentrated and does not count as a liquid or an aerosol.

on 4/1/2014 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the first and only dry shampoo I've had work with my hair! I've previously tried the Tresemme spray disaster, baby powder, and a few others.

This gives my hair volume and separates the strands. I apply at the roots and massage and my hair looks clean, and often better than the day I showered it. I can go two days dry shampooing now before I need a real shampoo.

The downsides are that it's fairly expensive, and the tip of the bottle requires vigorous shaking to get any product out (seriously vigorous, it could probably count as a workout!).

on 2/19/2014 1:39:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This and Klorane's dry shampoo with oat milk (non-aerosol) are currently my two favorite dry shampoos. I'm a long-time user of Psssssst! dry shampoo, but I switched over to non-aerosol dry shampoos because I got tired of the stinky spray smell.

PaP has a nice scent, it's a light floral but also a bit fruity (apricot?) at the same time. Hard to describe but it's a nice departure from the usual baby powdery scents. I don't have a problem with the dispenser. It's a one hole opening, but I find that it's easy to dispense and control. Just shake it onto your hair like you're using a salt shaker. I also like that I can massage this immediately into my scalp without waiting a few minutes and combing it out. It's easier to control than the Klorane non-aerosol bottle, which sometimes deposits too big a puff of product into my hair.

I have dark hair and I haven't had any problems with chalkiness or white spots so I do think PaP is suitable for all hair colors. Just be sure to massage carefully into your roots (I don't use this for the entire length of my hair as suggested, just my roots). I can't give this the full 5/5 rating however because 1) it doesn't deliver as much "grip" as the Klorane does; and 2) it's good at absorbing oil but not as good as delivering volume. For example, if I use the Klorane on 2nd day hair, it'll give me enough volume and thickness that I'll feel confident wearing my hair down. With the Bb PaP, not so much, because my roots will be flat so I'll have to put it up in a ponytail or bun to hide my hair's limpness. As for the product size, it appears much smaller than other dry shampoos but most aerosol cans are full of gas to propell the product into your hair so it's hard to say how much product you're getting even though the packaging looks bigger. PaP may look tiny but it's actually quite a bit of product (2 oz). For example, Klorane dry shampoo is 1.7 oz of product but the bottle is twice as tall as the Bumble & Bumble PaP container.

For reference, I have long (middle of back) wavy/straight fine, non-color treated hair with oily roots and dry ends.

on 2/3/2014 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

The best dry shampoo I have ever, ever used. My scalp is so oily I can't even shower before bed without my hair looking lanky in the morning (it's very thin, very fine, and blonde). I desperately want to grow my hair out but I figured with daily heat styling it would never be a reality. Low and behold this! I massaged a bit into my scalp before bed two nights ago into my freshly styled hair. The day after I got compliments on my tussled style, today when I woke up my scalp was still not oily. Honestly I was shocked, and still had enough volume to pull off a bun!

It smells nice, is super easy to use and doesn't leave a white cast to the hair. It adds instant an lasting volume. I plan on using this constantly now. If I wanted to I could likely go another day but my styled curls aren't looking so hot. Best dry shampoo I have ever used! I will recommend this to everybody, and will come with me every god forsaken camping excursion my boyfriend guilts me into.

Popular Hair Products