April 21, 2014 | 917 users online

Pressed Powders - Lola Cosmetics - Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2010 6:08:00 PM More reviews by oyano

I keep going back to this! I bought mine in bisque. I don't like putting on foundation a lot and as I have oily skin during the summer,this holds my makeup quite well and looks really nice and natural. Its very smooth to go on and the packaging is really nice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2009 4:14:00 AM More reviews by bubblysteph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

The powder is really fine and my skin is very smooth with the powder - both looking smooth and having a smooth touch. I get compliments of very smooth skin by friends though to start with, my skin is quite smooth w/o any m/u.

For reference, I am using shade 10 Albatre in Chanel TI liquid. I was originally using the colour Bisque, but now I'm already on the second compact of Porcelain. It is a much better match though my skin tone is neutral to cool. Bisque is darker and pink-based btw. Porcelain looks yellowish in the case but it won't create a yellow cast on my face. That's said - it offers no coverage at all, which is good imo. Not cakey and not chalkey too. It doesn't dry out my skin and makes my skin feel really tight like some loose powder, espeically my drier cheeks.

This sets my foundation quite well though after 3 or 4 hours, oil will start to ruin everything and I have to do some blotting. However, even oil is there, this powder can still manage to set my foundation well w/o getting it to wear off or getting really shiny.

As for the puff, I don't like it. I don't know whether I should "smear" or "pile" the powder onto my face with it or "dab" the powder on like using those thick puffs. I prefer to use my powder brush - no matter for setting the fdt at home or touching up when outside. I find that my face tends to look more cakey if I use the puff instead of a brush.

However, I must say that this is rather pricey. It costs me about USD 41 here in Hong Kong though I am highly likely to repurchase until I find sth better and cheaper. :P

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2009 11:36:00 PM More reviews by pinkykathy

I'm using 'porcelain' color. This pressed powder is very soft, light and sheer. It gives very natural look. I like the red and slim package but i don't like the sponge. I would like to try a new one with the shimmer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2008 11:20:00 PM More reviews by jasamie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

WOnderful fine milled finishing powder. I bought spur of the moment at ULTA. Gives my skin a nice glow, keeps my oily skin at bay, and makes my huge pores look smaller. Lasts about 6 hours before having to reapply (with foundation underneath). I haven't used alone, because I need more coverage. Since this is a fine milled finishing powder, I did not expect it to cover up blemishes or hyperpigmentation, but rather to set my foundation-- which it does beautifully. I use with a kabuki brush and for touch ups I use the sponge it comes with, which is adequate. Would definitely re-purchase again!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2008 5:13:00 PM More reviews by stacylynn56

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have to admit, at first I bought this powder for the cute, sassy packaging. I read about it a little bit at the new Ulta store and decided it was worth a try. I am SO glad I did. The powder says it's a "triple milled," european style powder, which I'm taking to mean silky smooth. It feels fantastic and doesn't give me that chalky, "I'm wearing powder" look. My skin glows four hours between touch ups. This is one impulse buy I am thrilled with!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2008 8:24:00 AM More reviews by vink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this without trying it on first due to many great reviews and a rave from my friends. It's one of those mistakes I made. I got this in porcelain. The color is good. The feel of the powder is quite good. It gives my skin quite a slippery feeling after applying, which I don't really mind that. It has almost no coverage at all. It comes with a very good size mirror and a solid feeling looking-hot-red compact. However, the worst thing about this are the flimsy puff that comes with it and the look-solid-but-totally-fragile compact. The puff that comes with it is the type that usually comes with Korean powder, but this is much thinner and even more flimsy. I've seen better. And although the compact look and feel solid, it's very easy to break. The hinge on it isn't as durable. I broke mine in my hand holding the mirror while applying the powder. What is this??!?!?!?!?!? I like the color & the feeling of the compact and intended to keep the mirror ,besides the powder itself isn't that bad so I gave it 2 stars but the rest is crap. I won't buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2008 10:35:00 PM More reviews by kocicka05

I bought this at ulta, color bisque. fits my medium fair complexion. I previously bought red earth because girls in Ulta said it was great powder.. it's descent but lola is much better...ultrafine great texture, it is weightless..I would recommend it to everyone ;-)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2008 8:50:00 PM More reviews by HeyJudes

Really nice powder. It's really sheer and has slight shimmer in it to help diffuse the appearance of fine wrinkles and blemishes. My used to be normal/combination with only a few pimples here and there, but now my face has pretty much exploded and has become more oily, but this powder doesn't seem to clog up my pores at all and keeps the shine at bay. It is a bit pricey at $27.50, but worth it I think when compared to the Chanel pressed powder I was thinking of purchasing. I think the Chanel is a little more finely milled, but this Lola pressed powder is definitely comparable.
EDIT: The more I use this powder the more I like it. It keeps me from being shiny, but doesn't make me unnaturally matte-looking. And better yet, it doesn't make me breakout!
Like many others, I took off one Lippie because of the puff that comes with the pressed powder...definitely needs to be improved. It's really thin and doesn't really pick up the powder that well. I just bought drugstore pressed powder puffs, but honestly for 28 bucks you'd think there'd be a better puff. Also, I wish that there were more color descriptions because at first I bought the wrong color.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2007 11:26:00 AM More reviews by tavy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this!! it smooth my face and long lasting than the last one I use.It doesn't look so powdery.I definetly continue using this!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2007 5:55:00 AM More reviews by penguin2429

This is the best pressed powder I've ever seen!!!! At the first time that I touch the powder, I feel excited!!! I use shade "Bisque". It's appropiate with my medium-fair skin ( undertone yellow). A package is so red that everyone will say " what a sassy package!"

But the price in Thailand is quite expensive (about $47)

Anyway, I love it