Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Color Eyeshadow Duo - Tempting Taupe

on 12/29/2013 10:31:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

For reference: Green eyes with gold flecks, neutral to warm skin NW?NC 25ish, broken capillaries on cheeks, sensitive, combination skin (dry cheeks, slightly oily t-zone). Medium to dark brown hair.

I was looking for a neutral daytime eye shadow duo and decided to try Tempting Taupe. I always apply an eye shadow primer before applying eye shadow. This duo is very soft, not much pigment and looked bland on my eyes. The light shade has a slight pink undertone and not pigmented. The darker color is taupe and also lacks pigment. Overall I was disappointed in this duo and would not repurchase.

on 10/1/2013 1:08:00 PM

The highlighter color in this duo is a shimmery peachy pink which I do not wear often as it doesn't work well with my pale skin tone. The darker color in the pan is a fairly nondescript matte dark taupe grey, nothing really special or attractive about it. When applied dry it does have a lot of pigment but the color is just ordinary. However, when worn with a liquid eyeshadow converter, this turns into a wearable neutral brown with just enough pigment to give definition but still look professional.

This is a great basic duo but hundreds of other cosmetics lines have this shade for far cheaper than Arden. I am torn between buying this or finding another brand with the same color. I like to wear bright eyeliner shades sometimes but sometimes a neutral eye is needed (for my work for example). This isn't a 'wow' duo but it is good for daily use. As always, the quality of the shadows is pretty good and they blend really well.