December 21, 2014 | 1584 users online

Eyeliner - Sumita Beauty Contrast eye pencil in Black

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2014 10:20:00 PM More reviews by Wendy1954

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Sample size in Birchbox-color dark blue. Went on smoothly but smudged quickly. Lasted on water line but faded on upper lashes. No primer used. It's OK but there are so many good eyeliners out there.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2014 11:27:00 AM More reviews by alina08

This is a decent black eyeliner. It glides on smoothly as a kohl pencil should, with no pulling or tugging. I found that it lasted pretty well throughout the day, although I did touch up a little bit. I like the price, which is very reasonable. This product performs as well as other high-end eyeliners so I would purchase the product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2014 7:08:00 PM More reviews by FNP

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This a great contender against UD perversion. Very easy to apply and VERY long lasting. I received this pencil in a beauty box. Normally these get thrown in the "giveaway" pile. But - this one is a keeper. It is not an intense black like perversion - but if you are looking for a less intense, long lasting black eyeliner - this will satisfy those requirements

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2014 2:37:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Wow one of the BEST liners I have ever tried. This is like a liquid almost, but its not. So smooth, creamy, and seriously pigmented. I have never been this impressed with a liner besides UD. I would buy all of these if I could.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2013 8:01:00 PM More reviews by VictrixObsequens

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is honest to goodness my HG black liner. I got a full size sample of this through Birchbox and then decided to purchase other colors.

This is the ONLY, and I repeat, the ONLY liner I have managed to have stay on my waterline for longer than half a day. Before I was using Guerlain's eye kohl powder, which is very good and has until now given me the longest wear on my waterline until THIS.

This applies extremely creamy but DOES NOT BUDGE even when used as a regular liner. The staying power of this liner is incredibly and it still comes off easily with makeup remover (I use baby oil). It also did not irritate my eye at all (but I don't tend to irritate easily to begin with).

Now, the main thing is that if this pencil gets cold, it will be difficult to apply it as it tends to harden and break off easily in this state. However, all you have to do is warm it up on the back of your hand and you are good to go.

I plan to always have this pencil in my stash. I love it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2013 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Therealslayergrrl

I love, Love, LOVED the sample of this I got in my birchbox.. I went to their website and purchased a full size as soon as it was available.. Sadly the full size is not even close to the sample I received. The sample was smooth and creamy. It stayed all day on my waterline. And even stayed when I tightlined. I have oily skin so that is a feat in itself.

The full size is hard to use. Doesn't glide on and just is not the same. So disappointed. Maybe I just got a bad one? This was the best eyeliner I have ever used. That is saying a lot since I've tried so many.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2013 12:17:00 PM More reviews by angiee0215

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I finished up a mini size of this eyeliner that I received in my birchbox a few months ago that I paid with my own money. For it being a mini size, it took a few months for me to finish with using it 4x a week.
About my eyes: oily eye lids, dry under eyes, sensitive eyes and I wear contacts

Pros:
-creamy (reminds me of UD or NYX slide on pencil consistency)
-blackest black
-comes in a variety of colors online
-relatively cheap but not as cheap as the NYX ones ($11 in U.S.)
-doesn't tug on lower lash line
-have a good 30 seconds to blend it out before it sets
-stays all day on my tight line and water line.
-DOESN'T irritate my sensitive eyes

Cons
-hard to remove
-hard to sharpen near the end
-not readily available to U.S. customers except online

I loved this eyeliner. I only use liquid eyeliner on my eyelids, so I used this for my tight line and if I wanted to smoke up the bottom lash line for a more dramatic look. I loved it! It would stay all day and then some. The only thing is it is hard to remove and I don't know where I could buy more in my area. Therefore, unless it becomes readily available, I will stick with my NYX slide on pencils.

After reading up on the eyeliner, they added glycerin to prevent tugging on the eyes, which it definitely does not tug! I 100% recommend for those with sensitive eyes and want something to stay on the water line and longer!