December 21, 2014 | 926 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Superior Preference 8 RG, Rose Gold

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2014 11:54:00 PM More reviews by KrisGrath

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using the Superior Preference Rose Gold now for over a year with 6 week touch-up's, and I'm extremely happy with the results!

A little background: my hair has gone through periods of loss due to stress and diet, and I have to ensure that whatever I use on my hair will not cause breakage. When I first purchased this, my hair was a very light blonde, and I wanted to achieve a more natural color, so when I saw that Preference had a new Couture line, one of the colors caught my eye because it was a shade that I had been wanting but not finding it before then. So when I got home, I colored my hair and it came out beautifully, with no breakage and incredible shine! Since I have about 30% gray, the results were a little lighter. I also live in the Caribbean 2 weeks out of the month, and my hair bleaches out quickly with any sun exposure, so although my color is not exactly like that on the box, it is close.

My hair has been in the best condition ever since using this particular hair color line, and I will continue to use this brand in the Rose Gold for as long as they make it.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2013 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Delia01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I agree with the first poster, this does not deliver on the warm reddish-gold shade promised on the package. It's a flat light blonde, that's it. Also (and this is a bigger deal-breaker), this product REALLY irritated my skin. I've been using L'Oreal Preference hair color for years with no problems, I've never experienced this kind of reaction. The backs of my ears were red and itchy until I shampooed, my scalp was visibly red for a day or so after coloring, and my scalp continues to itch (writing this 3 days later). Either they changed their formula or there's an extra ingredient in the "Paris Couture" line that doesn't agree with me. Will not buy this shade again!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by amyhuskiewicz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This color sounds like a pretty golden blonde with a hint of red, does it not? Kind of a honey strawberry? Nope. I should have just stopped when the ammonia fumes of this dye made my eyes run and burned my nose, but I doggedly kept on, in pursuit of a nice, fall-appropriate hair hue. I should have done a test strand, but I feel like that takes all the adventure out of dying one's hair at home. Well, some adventures have bad endings. I now have pale, boring blonde hair that makes me look monochromatic. No rose, not anywhere. No gold. This is not a warm, vibrant color but a washed-out yellow. I started with dark gold hair. This lightened it but did nothing else. I give it one miserable lippie because it did not seem terribly damaging and left my hair in decent condition. Only 5 more weeks until I can dye it again. Nice n' Easy, I will stray no more!