April 17, 2014 | 1931 users online

Blush - Chanel - Joues Contraste - Mirage (Rose Bronze)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2013 4:50:00 PM More reviews by Avawelles

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am really on the fence with this color. On my fair skin, it looks like a flush of rose. I don't see any bronze in it at all. I was sure I could find a dupe for it and, in fact, thought that my Laura Mercier Wild Bouquet blush was similar. But this Chanel blush just has something else. I don't know for sure what that something else is. It seems to have some sort of soft luminescense to it that lights my face up, but not in a glittery sparkly way.

Almost disappointed that it is so unique because I was thinking about returning it. It just seems to be such a similar shade to blushers I already own. But there is just that something extra I can't put my finger on. Whatever it is, it is unique and probably the reason Chanel blushers are so darn expensive...

Edit: Had to exchange this. I think there is a perfume or something in Chanel blushers that isn't agreeing with my skin. Also, had to work at getting it to look right. For $40+ I shouldn't have to work so hard at making it look good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2012 1:38:00 AM More reviews by nattyngeorge

Chanel Rose Bronze is one of my favorite blushes of all time. I own several blushes (probably close to 100) and I don't have any dupes for Rose Bronze. Although I can't really locate the "bronze" in this blush, it's the most absolute prettiest every day natural pink that will leave your cheeks glowing. You can wear it all year round and it looks fabulous with muted makeup looks as well as more intense makeup looks. It's a blush that doesn't need much work to look perfect and it's a blush I can always rely on -- when I feel conflicted and don't know which blush to wear, I always grab Rose Bronze.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2012 8:18:00 PM More reviews by VikiLyn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really love the formula of these blushes - so finely milled, that subtle glow, the way they just sink in and look like your skin rather than some product sitting on top of it.
This was the first of the JC's I tried and purchased (won't be the last!), and I loved it at first. However, I notice it gets a little orange on me as the day goes on. Nothing horrible, but something I'd rather avoid. I now reserve this for summer, when I am a little more tan and warmer toned, when I find it looks better.
These blushes are amazing, and I highly recommend them, even though I wouldn't re-purchase this particular shade. They are worth the price - particularly if you are a little older and want to look natural, yet totally fantastic. The way they just blend right in and light your face up without being too bright or too glittery - priceless!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2012 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Gailkey2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This blush is beautiful all I can say is soft pretty and glowy on my Mac NW45 complexion. I got soo many com,compliments and at 1st glance I was thinking it was going to be too light, but I find that the opposite shades as opposed to the textbook shades look amazing on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2012 1:37:00 PM More reviews by gloss88

I hated to pay the price for this, but it looked like a natural bronze!! I love the color!! I put some on at the counter, later someone asked what bronzer did I have on, because it looked natural. Well, needless to say, I ran and purchased it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by mirandajulian

In my opinion Chanel makes fantastic blushes! I love this one - it is like a cross of my favorite blush (Armani 5) and the infamous Nars Orgasm. I do have to be careful not overdoing it or my cheeks look iredescent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2010 9:29:00 AM More reviews by LPomona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm reviewing this blush because it reads differently on me than it does on *almost* everyone else who's reviewed it.
First off, my coloring is NC20 & I use Chanel Teint Innocence fluid in Cameo. This is a rather yellow/golden foundation, and that sometimes alters the appearance of things that I put on top of it. I think this blush is one of those things. Due to the already-yellow tone of my skin (post foundation) I see no bronze or golden tones in this blush. I guess the foundation cancels it. It reads as a slightly warm rose/pink. It is highly pigmented, so I just dust a skunk brush lightly across the dome for plenty of color.

Also, the coveted Chanel JC gleam that *I* get from this is a fabulous icy pink iridescence, which was mentioned by a reviewer (nLkky) back in '07. This only appears when the light hits you just right, but the effect is unusual because it's a cool-toned pink gleam on top of a slightly warm pink blush. Hey, I'm no blush expert (by any stretch) but I think a blush that reads cool or warm, depending on the lighting, is rather unique.
I like this item quite a bit & would purchase again. For me, the subtle, ethereal, icy pink gleam is what sets it apart nicely.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2009 4:22:00 AM More reviews by lizzybubbles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am a NW20 and it grants my skin just that hint of glow to warm up my complexion. Looks fantastic over a little bronzer so it's a great summer colour. The packaging is typical glossy black Chanel and it comes with a good quality mini brush, but I find this blush is best applied with a Guerlain angle blush brush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2009 6:46:00 PM More reviews by ChristmasMom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My gosh! If you have pretty skin that is NC25-30, this might just be a great blush for you. I love the color on my complexion, but this is a glowy blush and the sheen makes my acne ice pick scars look worse. Love Love Love the color but not the effect.
I'll stick to the Chanel Tweeds. I don't have any problem with unseemly sheens with them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2009 8:08:00 PM More reviews by icypeeches

This is my favorite blush ever, and I probably have at least 20. I am NC25 and this gives me the perfect warm glow. I can't explain the perfection that is rose bronze. Worth every penny.