September 22, 2014 | 1899 users online

Lip Treatments - Chapstick - Hydration Lock Vanilla Creme with CoQ10

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2014 9:55:00 PM More reviews by rvbolorin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best lip balm I have ever use...ever. and I am 51 years old, so I have tried many. I use lip balm only before going to bed at night, not alone during the day or under lipstick. During the years I have bought so many expensive products, more than $25 for one lipbalm or liptreatment and nothing better than this one. I have tried other Chapsticks and I hated them. I got this one on Birchbox and tried it, thinking I was going to throw it away. But it was very good. I like the subtle fragance, I like how soft my lips are next day. I am using my second one and saving a lot of money.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

Moisturizes nicely, long-lasting, pleasant scent and flavor. But it leaves a very slight white cast on the lips. Decent product overall, but with so many options out there I wouldn't buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2014 2:18:00 AM More reviews by BADKITTY13

Well better than the original Chapstick. This one feels much better on the lips. Not waxy just smooth. I wish it smelled more like vanilla though this just smells almost like a plastic if u know what I mean. Great before bedtime and despite the lack of a vanilla scent I would buy again. Update: actually the more I use this stuff the more I like it. Iam a avid lip balm collector and must say luv this stuff for the price! The smell got better after I used it a few times and works great a bedtime and under my Chanel lipsticks!!! Not waxy or cakey! Much better IMO than Eos ( which I hate) or Burt's!!! Yup will be going to buy more!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2014 7:31:00 PM More reviews by wdiarom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this from birchbox. I keep it only because I always lose my lip balm so it's a back up to have. Key word is back up. I do not like this. It leaves a weird film on my lips. I suppose it would be ok if I put something else (lipstick) over it, but I would never wear this alone and out in the public.
I got the Vanilla Creme one. I'm not sure if there/how many other "flavors" this has but this vanilla one is scented weird. It's more creme-y than vanilla for sure.

Don't waste your money on this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2014 7:14:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

Really like this!! Wish the Vanilla Cremé flavor was a bit stronger, but this is very moisturizing. It doesn't taste/feel medicinal. I do think that Chapstick (& lipbalms in general esp Carmex, HELLO Carmex yes!!) produce a certain addiction/dependence of your lips on them once you get using them in a chronic manner but maybe that's just a wives tale...it just is that speaking from my own experience, it is like if I don't use lipbalms (esp after wearing lipgloss or lipstick that day), that if I skip even one night, I get a rebound dryer lips effect... They peel, sting, feel dry, just feel gross really without lipbalm or even simply Vaseline. I normally have my lips coated either in lipgloss/lipstick if not then I have on a lipbalm, not just a habit, more like a necessity!! My lips are naturally dry, I don't lick them, but I am lost without my lipbalms. I wonder what's the magic ingredient in lipbalms that makes them like crack for lips?!!! :\

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2014 10:46:00 PM More reviews by c4tl0v3r

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This isn't anything to get excited about. It feels pretty good but wears right off, just like any other chapstick.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 4:08:00 AM More reviews by urstandingonmytoes

I can't use most chapstick because I have an allergic reaction to them that blisters my lips. However, I can use this one and I actually REALLY like it! It does make my dry lips feel softer and moisturized. I don't think it gives 8 hours of moisture, but for at least 3-4 my lips do feel moisturized. Don't buy into any plumping claims because that is non-existent. It is actually a bit pricey for chapstick, but since it's works, it's worth it. Yes, I will repurchase! Oh one more thing, they say it's vanilla crème scent, but honestly I never smell anything. Maybe it's my nose, but it certainly isn't an overpowering scent.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2013 6:02:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This has the highest rating of anything I've ever seen on MUA, and that boggles my mind. I thought it was terrible! I got it in a Birchbox and threw it away!

This was the first Chapstick product I'd ever used (weird, I know) and I was not impressed. It was waxy and didn't absorb into my lips, but rather sat on them in a rather unflattering looking way. It didn't last very long at all, and after it (quickly) wore off, my lips were left feeling drier than they were before. Maybe that's the trick to get you addicted to the product? I don't know.

The taste of it was fine but the texture was poor and the formula was lacking any real moisturizing ability. Pass.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by tarsmom

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I buy lots of lip balm - lots! I bought this one on a whim at Walgreen's yesterday. It is really nice! Feels smooth and comfortable on the lips. Not sure about the 8 hour claim, but I will definitely repurchase. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2013 2:16:00 AM More reviews by mielr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I'm already on my 4th tube of this lip balm! I have one next to my bed and one in the family room. It's very smooth and silky on the lips. The fragrance is very pleasant and is a bit on the light side, which is a good thing, but some may be disappointed that it's not more strongly vanilla scented. Overall, it's a very good, inexpensive lip balm that I will continue to use. :-)