Chapstick Hydration Lock Vanilla Creme with CoQ10

on 12/25/2014 2:22:00 PM

I reallly like this stuff. It leaves a whitish tint to your lips but it doesnt look gross, just like a color lip balm. I have highly pigmented natural red lips and this made them look more like neutral nude. It does make the lips appear fuller and hydration does last quite a while. Not a full 8 hours but I still really like this and think its a great product for the price.

on 12/9/2014 2:18:00 AM

It's moisturizing and affordable. This doesn't smell like vanilla. It smells similar to chapstick's cake batter but more moisturizing. I use this at night most of the time.

on 9/20/2014 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is the best lip balm I have ever use...ever. and I am 51 years old, so I have tried many. I use lip balm only before going to bed at night, not alone during the day or under lipstick. During the years I have bought so many expensive products, more than $25 for one lipbalm or liptreatment and nothing better than this one. I have tried other Chapsticks and I hated them. I got this one on Birchbox and tried it, thinking I was going to throw it away. But it was very good. I like the subtle fragance, I like how soft my lips are next day. I am using my second one and saving a lot of money.

on 9/13/2014 2:13:00 PM

Moisturizes nicely, long-lasting, pleasant scent and flavor. But it leaves a very slight white cast on the lips. Decent product overall, but with so many options out there I wouldn't buy this again.

on 7/16/2014 2:18:00 AM

Well better than the original Chapstick. This one feels much better on the lips. Not waxy just smooth. I wish it smelled more like vanilla though this just smells almost like a plastic if u know what I mean. Great before bedtime and despite the lack of a vanilla scent I would buy again. Update: actually the more I use this stuff the more I like it. Iam a avid lip balm collector and must say luv this stuff for the price! The smell got better after I used it a few times and works great a bedtime and under my Chanel lipsticks!!! Not waxy or cakey! Much better IMO than Eos ( which I hate) or Burt's!!! Yup will be going to buy more!

on 4/30/2014 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I got this from birchbox. I keep it only because I always lose my lip balm so it's a back up to have. Key word is back up. I do not like this. It leaves a weird film on my lips. I suppose it would be ok if I put something else (lipstick) over it, but I would never wear this alone and out in the public.
I got the Vanilla Creme one. I'm not sure if there/how many other "flavors" this has but this vanilla one is scented weird. It's more creme-y than vanilla for sure.

Don't waste your money on this.

on 2/25/2014 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Really like this!! Wish the Vanilla Cremé flavor was a bit stronger, but this is very moisturizing. It doesn't taste/feel medicinal. I do think that Chapstick (& lipbalms in general esp Carmex, HELLO Carmex yes!!) produce a certain addiction/dependence of your lips on them once you get using them in a chronic manner but maybe that's just a wives tale...it just is that speaking from my own experience, it is like if I don't use lipbalms (esp after wearing lipgloss or lipstick that day), that if I skip even one night, I get a rebound dryer lips effect... They peel, sting, feel dry, just feel gross really without lipbalm or even simply Vaseline. I normally have my lips coated either in lipgloss/lipstick if not then I have on a lipbalm, not just a habit, more like a necessity!! My lips are naturally dry, I don't lick them, but I am lost without my lipbalms. I wonder what's the magic ingredient in lipbalms that makes them like crack for lips?!!! :\

on 1/11/2014 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This isn't anything to get excited about. It feels pretty good but wears right off, just like any other chapstick.

I can't use most chapstick because I have an allergic reaction to them that blisters my lips. However, I can use this one and I actually REALLY like it! It does make my dry lips feel softer and moisturized. I don't think it gives 8 hours of moisture, but for at least 3-4 my lips do feel moisturized. Don't buy into any plumping claims because that is non-existent. It is actually a bit pricey for chapstick, but since it's works, it's worth it. Yes, I will repurchase! Oh one more thing, they say it's vanilla crème scent, but honestly I never smell anything. Maybe it's my nose, but it certainly isn't an overpowering scent.

on 12/10/2013 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This has the highest rating of anything I've ever seen on MUA, and that boggles my mind. I thought it was terrible! I got it in a Birchbox and threw it away!

This was the first Chapstick product I'd ever used (weird, I know) and I was not impressed. It was waxy and didn't absorb into my lips, but rather sat on them in a rather unflattering looking way. It didn't last very long at all, and after it (quickly) wore off, my lips were left feeling drier than they were before. Maybe that's the trick to get you addicted to the product? I don't know.

The taste of it was fine but the texture was poor and the formula was lacking any real moisturizing ability. Pass.

Popular Lip Treatments