TheBalm Instain Blush in Toile

4.6

Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Dimethicone, Silica, Lauroyl Lysine, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate. May Contain [ /- Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360)]

on 4/30/2015 11:45:00 AM

What all the other reviewers are saying it's true. It's natural looking, a lovely strawberry red true to pan color, no chunky glitter/shimmer, awesome packaging (Earth-friendly yay!), texture is finely milled without being powdery, gives a natural looking stain- but...and I don't know if I just got a bad batch or what, but it's not long-wearing at all. I have coveted this blush for the longest time after hearing the good reviews and since it's quite pricey, I put off buying it first. I regret it truly. It did not live up to the hype of "in-stain, longwearing" claims I have been reading so I don't know! Is it me? Is it the excruciatingly hot Manila weather? I was very excited to test run it and experience the longwearing effect but there is none. First, I have to use a heavy hand on this so that it shows up in my skin and once it's on, it's just in my skin for two hours max. I complained of this to my make-up junkie/make-up artist friend and she suggested I use a damp brush when applying the stuff. It worked because my friend usually comes in 3 hours later and she actually commented I look great. So I thought maybe I had discovered the secret in putting this so I went back to the usual way of putting blushes (with a heavy hand because the stuff is buildable) but when I revert back to that - 2 hours max before the stuff starts fading. I know it fades because I have to reapply another cheek tint from UD (which lasts on me for 6-8 hours!). So now I have this dampened ruined part of the blush thanks in large part to the brush I used and I'm stuck with a blush that could have been awesome but is just an average product. I honestly thought this would be HG for me but sadly no. Huge disappointment. I will use it up hopefully I hit pan soon (unlikely since so much stuff is in the product) but I am now looking for other blushes to add to my collection.

on 3/10/2015 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Bright, cheerful, strawberry pink blush. I apply it with a Real Techniques stippling brush because it is BRIGHT. But so lovely. Cute packaging too, as always with TheBalm.

on 5/30/2014 11:53:00 PM

The Balm InStain bush in Toile is another one of my favorite blushes...It's a gorgeous strawberry-red color with a hint of coral and some pink in it. It's a very fresh-looking shade of blush that makes the person wearing it look flushed, happy, and upbeat. It's a highly pigmented matte blush that's ideal for medium and darker skintones but lighter skintones can wear it as well using a light hand. It's a beautiful bright color for spring and summer--another winning shade from The Balm.

on 5/21/2014 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this, much for the same reasons I love Swiss dot- it gives a really natural flush to the cheeks without chunky glitter etc. the staying power is excellent. As with all products by thebalm they're extremely pigmented so you don't need much, otherwise you can overdo it.

on 5/20/2014 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Incredible blush! It's creamy, beautifully pigmented, and it truly does behave as a stain...only it's better. There's absolutely no blotchiness or uneven staining. I cannot get over how the color stays "true" literally all day long...from 6am - 10pm. My blush looks freshly applied for 14 hours! I wear this over EltaMD SPF46, or over this sunscreen and a light foundation (i.e. MAC Face & Body). Etoile is a gorgeous amaranth- red that looks like a natural flush on my olive skin.

on 5/8/2014 4:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I love it. Perfect colour for my skin, just a touch of brightness in the coral watermelon tones. Does nothing bad to my skin and builds up as much as I want it to or as little as I want it to.
Love it, love the price, love the quality and use it everyday now (began in summer and now heading deep into autumn). The packaging makes me phobic of water, but it travels very well in my small makeup travel bag. Perfect find.

on 4/6/2014 11:08:00 AM

Obsessed! This is a blush that yells "Spring is here!" Maybe it's because the winter was so long, but this blush just makes me happy. It's a medium pink with just a hint of coral. It's bright and sunny but is gorgeous on the cheeks. I was worried that as these blushes were stains, that once you put them on the cheek they'd set really quickly, but you actually have plenty of time to blend. That's great, because they are so pigmented you really need to blend them out well. I apply this blush before foundation, actually, then maybe apply a tiny bit more if I need it. Then I blend blend blend again with a clean brush. It looks natural and sunny and youthful.

I'm not easily swayed by packaging, but...I depotted all theBalm blushes (I LOVE their blush) but I just can't bear to do it to this one. It looks like a magazine cover on the outside and when you open it up it has this beautiful strawberry-pink blush opposite a mirror and framed by a white and pink floral pattern.

And yeah, it stays. It's hard for me to say whether it "stains", but it sure doesn't go anywhere for hours. Now I wish I'd order more of these from Hautelook.

on 2/4/2014 12:54:00 AM

I first heard of the balm through a friend of mine who really loved their products. The Balm here in Canada is quite expensive in comparison the the USA. I think even with the sales in hautelook the shipping and handling adds up and I would still be paying regular price. Anyways, 2x a year london drugs here in Canada usually has a 30% off sale (the lowest the prices goes for thebalm here in Canada according to the sales person). So after waiting since this past summer I finally caved and bought some blushers, highlighters and eyeshadows. This blusher is $28 cdn original price.

Toile is this combo of reddish pink blusher. It's extremely pigmented and It can make you look like you have 2 red spots on your cheeks if you're took heavy handed or if you use a dense brush. On my NC30 skin it shows very well... I have to use my real techniques stippling brush to apply this because it's so bright with an amazing colour payoff. You don't have to use much either. I only thing I wish it didn't have was this has a cardboard case, I prefer sturdier packaging ... The decor is very cute...

on 9/29/2013 5:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a pretty satin finish medium pink. It's a bit warm toned (but not orange at all), and, on my skin tone, just looks like I'm naturally blushing. The pigmentation is nice but not super strong, on me it is pretty easy to keep it nice and natural looking, though you could build it up a bit. I don't find that it stains. It's not an amazing blush but it's a good blush.

Top Rated TheBalm Products