October 20, 2014 | 1964 users online

Blush - TheBalm - Instain Blush in Toile

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2014 11:53:00 PM More reviews by lovely520

The Balm InStain bush in Toile is another one of my favorite blushes...It's a gorgeous strawberry-red color with a hint of coral and some pink in it. It's a very fresh-looking shade of blush that makes the person wearing it look flushed, happy, and upbeat. It's a highly pigmented matte blush that's ideal for medium and darker skintones but lighter skintones can wear it as well using a light hand. It's a beautiful bright color for spring and summer--another winning shade from The Balm.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by lozzie88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this, much for the same reasons I love Swiss dot- it gives a really natural flush to the cheeks without chunky glitter etc. the staying power is excellent. As with all products by thebalm they're extremely pigmented so you don't need much, otherwise you can overdo it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2014 12:07:00 AM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Incredible blush! It's creamy, beautifully pigmented, and it truly does behave as a stain...only it's better. There's absolutely no blotchiness or uneven staining. I cannot get over how the color stays "true" literally all day long...from 6am - 10pm. My blush looks freshly applied for 14 hours! I wear this over EltaMD SPF46, or over this sunscreen and a light foundation (i.e. MAC Face & Body). Etoile is a gorgeous amaranth- red that looks like a natural flush on my olive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2014 4:16:00 AM More reviews by earthlili

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love it. Perfect colour for my skin, just a touch of brightness in the coral watermelon tones. Does nothing bad to my skin and builds up as much as I want it to or as little as I want it to.
Love it, love the price, love the quality and use it everyday now (began in summer and now heading deep into autumn). The packaging makes me phobic of water, but it travels very well in my small makeup travel bag. Perfect find.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2014 11:08:00 AM More reviews by timothybcat

Obsessed! This is a blush that yells "Spring is here!" Maybe it's because the winter was so long, but this blush just makes me happy. It's a medium pink with just a hint of coral. It's bright and sunny but is gorgeous on the cheeks. I was worried that as these blushes were stains, that once you put them on the cheek they'd set really quickly, but you actually have plenty of time to blend. That's great, because they are so pigmented you really need to blend them out well. I apply this blush before foundation, actually, then maybe apply a tiny bit more if I need it. Then I blend blend blend again with a clean brush. It looks natural and sunny and youthful.

I'm not easily swayed by packaging, but...I depotted all theBalm blushes (I LOVE their blush) but I just can't bear to do it to this one. It looks like a magazine cover on the outside and when you open it up it has this beautiful strawberry-pink blush opposite a mirror and framed by a white and pink floral pattern.

And yeah, it stays. It's hard for me to say whether it "stains", but it sure doesn't go anywhere for hours. Now I wish I'd order more of these from Hautelook.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2014 12:54:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I first heard of the balm through a friend of mine who really loved their products. The Balm here in Canada is quite expensive in comparison the the USA. I think even with the sales in hautelook the shipping and handling adds up and I would still be paying regular price. Anyways, 2x a year london drugs here in Canada usually has a 30% off sale (the lowest the prices goes for thebalm here in Canada according to the sales person). So after waiting since this past summer I finally caved and bought some blushers, highlighters and eyeshadows. This blusher is $28 cdn original price.

Toile is this combo of reddish pink blusher. It's extremely pigmented and It can make you look like you have 2 red spots on your cheeks if you're took heavy handed or if you use a dense brush. On my NC30 skin it shows very well... I have to use my real techniques stippling brush to apply this because it's so bright with an amazing colour payoff. You don't have to use much either. I only thing I wish it didn't have was this has a cardboard case, I prefer sturdier packaging ... The decor is very cute...

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2013 5:40:00 AM More reviews by zaynaz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is a pretty satin finish medium pink. It's a bit warm toned (but not orange at all), and, on my skin tone, just looks like I'm naturally blushing. The pigmentation is nice but not super strong, on me it is pretty easy to keep it nice and natural looking, though you could build it up a bit. I don't find that it stains. It's not an amazing blush but it's a good blush.