August 29, 2014 | 1899 users online

Fragrances - Giorgio Armani - Si

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2014 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Sammy311

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Heady, sweet, a tad musky...smells like sex. Doesn't last long so one could say it smells like sex with a very hot man who has premature ejaculation problems...but still, the kind of man who makes you think, "Ah, next time, he'll do better."

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2014 3:56:00 PM More reviews by timothybcat

Sigh. I have to admit, I rolled my eyes when I read that Armani's newest fragrance, Si, had notes of blackcurrant. Really? Another blackcurrant fragrance? But then I saw "chypre" listed in the topnotes and got my hopes up.

First whiff: sweet sweet sweet blackcurrant clashing with a mossiness. And I do mean "clashing", as in: "There ain't room in this fragrance for the both of us." Still, that mossy stank gave me hope that this might just be something more than another fruity-floral.

Nope. No. Uh-uh. I kept sniffing my wrist as I was driving away from Ulta, praying for some miraculous metamorphosis. And literally saying out loud, "No." Sniff. "No." Sniff. "No."

Gave it a couple of hours, and it was gone. Another sickly, sticky blackcurrant/vanilla that doesn't even have the common courtesy to stay for a decent drydown.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2014 4:47:00 PM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

At first I thought WOW its lovely and I nearly brought it. But due to experience I waited 15 minutes to let it settle only to find it has the staying power of a gnat. Tried a few more times, but, same thing. Perfumes are more like body sprays these days even from big design houses it makes me want to cry.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh, no, no, no. I hate to be the wet blanket here, but for me this was a major scrubber.

First of all let me say that I too detest the Eau de Mallrat variety of scents. You know what I mean. The sickly sweet, cloying, fruit punch, allegedly young type of scent that regrettably invades the market these days. I usually lean toward the grown-up, heady, dark orientals and spicy gourmands. Having said that, this did not work that way for me at all. I had the same experience as zeynepd. This smelled slightly sweaty on me. Salty and musky in a stinky way. The same thing happened to me with Thierry Mugler's Womanity.

I won't say this is a bad fragrance. There must be something going for it if it works for so many people. Per Sephora, this scent is composed of Chypre, Blackcurrant Nectar, Airy Florals, Musky Blond Wood. All perfectly good ingredients, so it must be my skin's chemistry that rejects this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by sillage

I'm wearing Armani Si as I type this, and I'd call it "Flowerbomb for grown-ups". A more sophisticated version of Flowerbomb -- with more of FB's growly sexy spicy basenotes and less of its over-the-top sweetness (thank goodness). Yet it's still very sweet -- and also dense and rich -- you just need a small spritz, and it lasts & lasts.

The drydown: When I catch whiffs ot it off myself, it seems to have acquired much more of a sensuousness about it than it had in the beginning. I smell the backdraft and think "mmmmm" -- it dries down to a delicious sensuous classy musky gourmand. Quite a happy ending. The drydown is worth the wait and is pretty great, really. It's smooth and soft and subtle.

Of all of the sweet-spicy gourmands, I think Armani Si is probably the best, although Sofia Vergara might tie it for me (sold at hsn.com - no affiliation). I can't wear Flowerbomb or La Vie Est Belle because they're just too sweet. This is spicier with the sweetness turned down.

Si is an EDP -- strong, rich, & lasts very well. You have to spritz with care. Nice simple rectangular heavy-glassed transparent bottle -- so you can tell how much you have left.

2-time Oscar-winning Australian actress Cate Blanchett (2014 best actress Oscar for "Blue Jasmine") -- known for her beauty and great style -- is the face of Armani Si.

Quite frankly, after reading over the years about scents Cate Blanchett actually wore (and if we could believe the articles, I read long ago that she supposedly wore Aromatics Elixir, and I've also read she wore Strange Invisible Perfumes).

Si is good, but I was surprised Cate agreed to front this sweet scent, which is a more sophisticated, yet still distant cousin, of the Flowerbomb & La Vie Est Belle type. I thought a fragrance fronted by Cate Blanchett would be more avant garde and artistic -- maybe more dry, earthy, strictly woody, leathery, musky, or a chypre -- with no fruity sweetness at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by nathaliez

I bought it last winter, and I will definitely repurchase that beautiful, stylish. soft gourmand!! It isn't overly sweet, it isn't a sugary/ patchouli bomb either..this is a grown up gourmand..
It is underrated, it deserves to be known, as really what a warm, refined creation..it is a gourmand, with green notes coming though in a subtle way...it isn't as bold as LancŰme la vie est belle, but certainly as complex and as interesting..it lingers and opens up on the skin..
Sexy warm fragrance, lovely!!!I don't think it is like Flowerbomb, this is more subtle, more refined, and complex..Flowerbomb is youngish, and in a way simplistic.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2014 11:28:00 AM More reviews by Mischievous1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been eyeing this baby for the last few months and finally splurged. The sexy intoxicating scent really got me. It reminds me a bit of Narcisso Rodriguez for her , Itís a scent to wear if you want to make an impression and turn heads. I am in my mid 30ís so it comes across as a very age appropriate smell. Thereís nothing sweet about this one!
The only minus is that the scent didnít last longer than 1 hour on me  so I would not repurchase because of this.
The bottle is very simple and classic but the twist of the black cap gives it a bit of an artsy edge. This is more of an evening scent or a going somewhere special scent.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2014 3:14:00 PM More reviews by keiki300

This is a rather sophisticated scent that a 20 year old cannot really wear. It is very beautifully balanced -- it does not smell familiar or old fashioned. It reminds me of Cartier and Guerlain's most sophisticated scents. I like it, not love it. It is a mood perfume for those nights one dresses up and goes out to fancy places. Nothing exceptional but very lovely. Not something to seduce a younger guy with though. As a present it would be a good choice as no one will dislike this one. It is very pleasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 5:54:00 AM More reviews by liseyloo

Si is spicy, heady, intoxicating and SEXY. Be careful not to overdo it- this is one powerful fragrance.

If you work in a conservative environment, I wouldn't recommend this as an everyday perfume. Perfect for date night though! It's just so... sultry! It's like black lacy lingerie for the skin :)

The glass bottle is study and the plastic lid stays where it should, so I don't worry when I take this with me anywhere in my handbag. Not that I'd really need to, though, as the staying power of this perfume is very impressive.

I highly recommend- get your sexy on, woman!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 10:00:00 AM More reviews by seasonsx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This smells gorgeously sexy and elegant! I get tons of compliments for this! The only downside is the lasting power, which isn't the best out there.