April 19, 2014 | 877 users online

Fragrances - Chloe - Roses de Chloe

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2014 5:17:00 PM More reviews by IceCheerMom

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

If you want a rose fragrance this is a good choice. It smells like real roses - nothing synthetic smelling going on here. It takes me back to the 70s when I was very young and all my friends wore Tea Rose. It's very linear. If you like what you smell 2 minutes in then you will be happy with this because it doesn't develop into much else. All in all, it is a good rose fragrance for anyone seeking one.
I got this as a sample and will probably not buy it when I run out only because rose fragrances are not my thing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2014 7:45:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

I think this is one of the better rose fragrances on the market today. I have smelled some rose fragrances (eg. Balenciaga Rosabotanica) that- to me- don't even smell like rose! (Even my husband agreed with me on that one.) Chloe Roses de Chloe smells like a clean scent; and you will definitely catch a whiff of rose at random times throughout the day while you are wearing this. If you like roses, this is truly lovely! I am a sucker for florals, and rose is at the top of my list. The only scent that I know of that comes close to Chloe RdC is Cartier's Eau de Cartier Goutte de Rose. I own both, and from my experience, Chloe edges out Cartier by a nose. I find Chloe's rose fragrance to be slightly stronger- but not "stronger" in a harsh way- but stronger in that clean, long-lasting, rosy, "I-got-my-money's-worth" kind of way.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2014 6:37:00 PM More reviews by nunyabiness

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I only smelled this in a magazine insert, but...

I'm not a particular fan of rose, but this is very nice. It's very subtle and just smells good, for want of a better word.

I don't immediately think "roses", but every so often I think of roses when smelling this. I wouldn't pick "ROSES" as the smell if I didn't know the name.

It's just a nice, subtle smell. Not old-ladyish. Light, with no off-putting notes at all.

"Gentle and graceful, the new fragrance tries to capture a walk down the Parisian rose gardens. It includes fresh notes of bergamot at the beginning of the composition, developing into essence of damask rose accompanied by magnolia that gives a modern touch. After that, white musk and amber linger on your skin."

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2014 1:45:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Would I buy this again? Maybe. It smells so nice at first spritz...like a bouquet of fresh, green-stemmed roses. But the scent muddies a bit after a while and does not wear long. I may give it another shot.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 6:43:00 PM More reviews by sillage

I really LOVE Roses de Chloe EDT, which is rather strange, since I didn't like the 2007 original Chloe at all. I'm also not normally a fan of light, fresh, or floral fragrances -- I'm generally an oriental/gourmand/wood/vanilla/musk girl -- my favorite perfumes usually containing wood, vanilla, and musk.

I sniffed a double scent strip recently in a magazine -- original Chloe on 1/2 the strip (like OFF bug spray to me -- sharp & alcohol-ish -- not very rosy at all) -- and Rose de Chloe on the other 1/2 strip. Not at all alike, and the difference was like night & day IMHO.

Mmmm, I loved the Roses de Chloe strip -- I kept inhaling & inhaling it -- didn't want to stop -- it was immediately uplifting & gave me a rush of joy & happiness. I knew then that I really needed this Roses de Chloe in my collection, and I now have a bottle. Wore it today, and it just makes me feel good.

Here are its notes, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes: Bergamot
Heart Notes: Damascus rose, Magnolia
Base Notes: White musk, Amber

To me, it smells like a sweet, innocent, happy little pink rosebud. It reminds me of the movie Steel Magnolias, when Shelby (played by Julia Roberts) is getting ready for her wedding, insisting on the most delicate shade of pink -- blush -- for her nail polish.

This fragrance would have been a perfect one for Shelby to wear for her wedding -- it so matches the delicate pink theme. So lightly, sweetly, innocently, freshly rose. To me, it's a joyful scent -- and also satisfying, calming, and comforting. Even though I usually don't like florals, there's something about a realistic rose fragrance that often just really hits the spot for me.

The rose is definitely present, *much* moreso than in original Chloe, which never struck me as particularly rosy and always gave me a headache. This one is definitely rose, fresh & light -- with a little bit of a candy note added. Not pointy & headache-inducing to me at all..

I bought the biggest 2.5oz bottle, which was very expensive, but I'm glad I did, because it is an EDT and rather light.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 9:29:00 PM More reviews by rynamyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Received a sample of this & really like it. I am not a perfume pro & not normally a fan of floral frangrances but this feels very soft & romantic. Lasting power is nice too.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 8:58:00 AM More reviews by XxmzVickyxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely adore this perfume!! I usually wear Chanel No5 so this was completely different to me. It's fresh and flowery (as the name suggests) and it's long lasting I put it in just before I leave the house. I wore this to work, (and everyday since!) and got so many compliments for it, it's super cute packaging make it all that more special too. The spray nozzle it fab doesn't spray too much which is good. Overall I love love love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2013 7:36:00 PM More reviews by tabloid

Roses de Chloe is the latest fragrance from Chloe, coming out in Fall 2013 (not to be confused with Chloe Rose Edition, another scent from Chloe which came out several years ago). I'm not usually a fan of floral fragrances, but this is gorgeous. As the name implies, it is a rose-based scent, with bergamot, musk and amber giving it depth and sophistication. It's definitely a floral but it's not overly sweet as many florals tend to be; it's warm, romantic and soft, a very welcome change from all of the fruity-floral scents out there. I've fallen in love.