Chloe Roses de Chloe

on 3/2/2015 11:00:00 AM

As the name would suggest, all you smell when you first spray this is fresh, light and watery rose. However, the reason I love this is that after about 10 minutes, the rose fades and gives way to amber and musk, which give this fragrances a sublte warmth. Like many others, I also get a faint soapy / baby wash note which I find very comforting - it's a scent that stays very close to the skin and makes me feel pretty, but not in a dolled-up / screaming for attention-kind-of-way. If this perfume was a colour, it would definitely be the soft rosey shade Chloé chose for the ribbon as opposed to the hot pink bow that adorns the Juicy Couture creations.

on 1/24/2015 5:20:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

i love rose fragrances so my husband bought this for me. the bottle is beautiful, but the scent surprised me! clean, soapy roses - perfectly lovely, but it feels a bit too young and unsophisticated to me. it's actually totally appropriate for a pre-teen and it will be nice during our long hot new orleans summers, but i wouldn't have purchased this for myself.

i was also seriously underwhelmed by its staying power. i can usually get a whiff of my perfume at the end of the day, but this disappeared after a few hours.

on 12/3/2014 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am a big fan of Chloe so it comes to no surprise that I adore Roses de Chloe. It is the perfect mixture of soapy-clean and floral - 2 things I always look for in my fragrance. The only dissatisfying element is the lasting power. I wish this would be made in an EDP version! Regardless, I am a big fan. I sometimes i layer this with Chloe to make it last a little bit longer.

Edited: After wearing this for quite a bit, it's now too sweet for me. I still enjoy wearing it but will not be purchasing another bottle.

on 11/20/2014 12:13:00 PM

I think this perfume is extremely happy. Its a loud and giggling, pink dressed girl. I like it. I bought this because it makes me think of London, which is a place I miss very much. Its funny to put these two ideas above together about this perfume, for they seem to be contradictory, but if you think of the girl as someone who was a girl 150 years ago, maybe you will understand me.
But it is a soapy and simple fragrance.

on 9/29/2014 6:54:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

On me this one is a fairly plain rose scent with tart notes. I wish I got more of the notes listed, but it was fairly unexciting. Easy to wear, anyway.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I won't repeat what others have already said in their reviews (scent profile, notes, etc.), and instead will go straight to what I really think about Roses de Chloe: There is something nostalgic-soapy about this scent.

Yes, there is a beautiful rose note here. However, the perfume overall reminds me of bath and fragranced products from the more "romantic" times, during the Victorian Revival period -- think 1970s and 1980s Gunne Sax dresses, Coty's "Laces" and "L'Effleur" perfumes, Avon's "Pearls & Lace" perfume, Camay soap with the Victorian motif on the wrapper, etc. While Roses de Chloe does not smell like the aforementioned products, it runs in the same "spirit" and has the same "vibe."

Chloe Roses isn't what I would call modern, but it's not old-fashioned either; it's just...kind of retro, for the lack of a better word.

While it is a pretty scent, I find it underwhelming and lacking in personality. I am giving this 3 stars because while it does smell pretty, the lasting power is very poor. Speaking of "pretty," who wants to smell pretty when they can find a perfume that makes them smell beautiful, exciting, vivacious, etc.? "Pretty" can be forgettable and generic, like Roses de Chloe.

on 7/20/2014 2:56:00 PM

This is a very clean, soapy,fresh rose. It is a true rose with some white musk. I tend to wear this on hotter days and when I want a subtle rose that won't have a lot of spillage. For cooler days and for nights I prefer Stella. Packaging is gorgeous, lasting power is moderate, and price is high but worth it. Will repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Roses de Chloe is one of those rare finds. I came upon it by accident when a SA introduced me to Chloe and then the roses version which was instant love. After sampling massive fragrances that are either too sweet, musky, fruity, chemical-like, there is an appreciation for Roses de Chloe's pureness with nothing but roses as the top note. This Chloe perfume managed to capture the delicate true scent of the rose as you would experience it when holding it and leaning in to take a whiff. It is fresh, subtle and it opens up to a lovely vivid soft rose garden on a sunny day which invokes the senses and exudes a feeling of happiness, elegance and beauty. Less is more as I find one spray from the 75ml bottle lasts the entire day by providing a periodic hint-of-rose presence. This scent is luxurious and precious . . . like embodying the spirit of a rose in a bottle. Priceless.

on 5/17/2014 5:27:00 AM

I love this perfume, it smells like juicy roses. If you have smelled the 'regular' Chloe fragrance, this is like they plopped a bunch of roses on top of it, so it has that same green element to it. A very up front, uncomplicated, fresh and direct rose scent.

on 4/24/2014 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I have never smelled a perfume that smelled more like actual roses than this scent. I can practically hear bees when I smell this. Seriously, straight up roses. It's supposed to have notes of white musk and amber (which I LOVE) but all I can smell is roses. It's subtle though, not overpowering at all. Love the bottle.

Popular Fragrances