Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick - Rapture

4.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/22/2015 1:23:00 PM

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

I absolutely love this product. I have a number of Urban Decay's Revolution lipsticks and this is one of my favorites. It's a relatively neutral color in the sense that it's not one of the bold ones. It's a very nice dark pink and does not have an unnatural look to it. It's very easy to apply, keeps my lips moisturized, and has a cool case. It has pretty good lasting time without having to reapply and even through eating I generally only have to do small touch ups. The only complaint that I really have is the cost as one tube at Sephora is $22.

on 3/9/2015 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

I got this lipstick because it was similar to swatches pf Kat Von D Lolita and Cathedral studded lipsticks (both of which were sold out). Although the swatches looked one way this lip color looks completely different on me than i thought. I assumed it would be a plummy brown but it looks like a mlbb pink on my lips! I'm NC50ish and I have two toned lips. It has just enough brown and pink in it to balance my natural coloring and it is opaque so my lips don't show through. When I first apply it, it looks purple but after a few minutes it softens to a natural pink for my skin tone. I definitely recommend woc try it.

The texture is smooth and creamy. The finish is lustre/glossy. Similar to a Mac Sheen Supreme. It feels like a lip balm going on, and it hugs and adheres to lips well. It will smooth out any roughness as long as you're wearing a natural color. It does transfer a but, but its not bad and it wears as long as a lipstick the is texture tends to (about 4 hours without eating.) I live and die by a matte lipstick but I'm so glad I tried this out. The formula definitely rivals Nars Audacious as far as comfortable feel and smooth texture for $10 less. I wish there were more colors that appealed to me :/

on 12/18/2014 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

I can't believe how much I love this color and this lipstick! I generally go for more neutral shades (wear Rush from same line quite a bit), and don't often go for darker colors. But, this color is so beautiful, very flattering to my light, cool coloring, green eyes and silver streaked hair. The texture is somewhere between a lipstick and a balm, decent staying power and beautiful finish. My new favorite winter color, looks great with all my darker winter clothes. I have already re-purchased to have a spare to keep at work. Like Rush and Fiend too, but Rapture is definitely my favorite!

on 12/15/2014 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is a beautiful pink/ plum colour ideal for Autumn/ Winter. It lasts a decent amount of time and is easy to apply . It goes well with Beso lipgloss . It looks stylish and can be worn day or night. It is not drying on the lips .

on 12/8/2014 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Went into Urban Decay today and was wowed by this color was looking for a new color for fall/winter and this fit the bill.... Love it wore well thru the entire day and didnt reapply at all... Was pricey yet worth it! Brings the color out of my green eyes.....

on 11/14/2014 11:57:00 AM

One of my favorite lipsticks!
The texture cannot be beat, it's like a chapstick and lipstick mixed together!
Very hydrating and easy to wear.
Rapture is beautiful brownish pink, a great every day color!
it fades nicely and it leaves my lips with a little bit of a stain.
A 'your lips but better' color!
I am going to try more from the line!

on 7/8/2014 10:11:00 AM

This is gorgeous! I have used UD Rush as a MLBB color for a long time (even putting up with the super weird packaging their lipsticks used to have). I still love that color, but wanted another kind of neutral-y color to wear (I have Manic for brighter days, love that color too).

The review before me that compares it to Stila Natalie hits it right on the head! I hadn't thought of it because it'd been so long since I used Natalie, but it's just like it! A plummy mauvy color that complements my fair skin/brown eyes and either brown or blonde hair depending on my mood :)

I love the Revolution lipstick formula in general, and this one is no exception. Creamy, not drying, good staying power. This is one I'll definitely use a lot and replace when I'm done!

on 2/15/2014 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This was my first time trying an UD lipstick and now I want more! I love the opaqueness and texture of this formula. It's not slippery nor is of drying. This colour is so versatile that I use it both day and night. I'll lightly apply for the day and one good swipe for night to deepen the plummy colour at night. I prefer this shade for the fall/winter when I'm less tan. I can't wait to try other shades.

on 1/30/2014 10:51:00 PM

This is the most expensive lipstick I own ($22 US) but honestly...It was worth the price.

I went into Ulta looking for a replacement to the discontinued Stila lipstick "Natalie" (which was a sheer plum color). Though this color is highly pigmented and not sheer, it's a beautiful plum-pink with no shimmer. I'm pale and the color doesn't look so dark on me that its garish. When blotted, I get the Natalie color I wanted. A MLBB color for sure.

The formula is not a thick creamy consistency as with some of the other lipsticks I own, which I think helps with how long lasting it is. It's more of a lip liner consistency (thinner but not liquidy, if that makes sense), though its not drying. When I rub my lips together, I barely feel the lipstick, it's very light.

It wore down to a nice stain, lasted for four hours (with minimal eating/drinking), and convinced me that more money than I'm used to spending on a lippie can be worth it.

This color is the perfect plum/purple fall/winter lipstick. It's beautiful. I really like all the new UD lipsticks because they stay on so long & I don't have to keep re applying them which is awesome! I'm super fair and one of coworkers has deep mocha skin and I feel as if it looks good on both of us. We always get tons of compliments while wearing this shade! It's a shade that I feel confident wearing and it something that I use on a daily bases but something that I think is sexy and beautiful enough to wear when your all dolled up for a night on the town.

Popular Lipsticks