Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick - Rapture

4.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 6/21/2015 4:00:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I absolutely adore this color. It felt like a little mix of a lot the different color types out there. I felt this lipstick can do both a daytime and nighttime look. I bought this and the sheer version and love both!

on 6/14/2015 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

When I first bought Rapture I really liked it.. But as time went on it kept turning more purple on me and I was not liking it that at all.. So I stopped wearing it altogether.. With it being summer I went out and got a Brighter Deeper Color Venom.... Love it! De my review for that... Then for days when I need low key I went for Mac Creme in your Coffee... See that review as well.. Looking forward to summer with these two new colors!

on 6/4/2015 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I adore this lipstick. This was the second in the line that I bought (after Manic, and I'm testing Naked today--see separate reviews). Yes, at $22 (at Ulta), these are spendy, but oh oh oh, I think they're worth it.

As others have said, Rapture is a pretty medium-dark mauve tone (I hate mauve, but this is not THAT mauve). It definitely pulls to the cooler side of the spectrum. It's a good day color, but could easily do evening duty too. It goes on so smoothly, with super pigmentation. You do not need to reapply often but may, like me, find yourself wanting to because it just feels so lovely going on. It wears off evenly (and slowly), and leaves something of a stain behind.

I don't notice any smell to these lipsticks, but that usually doesn't both me much anyway. I love love love the heft of the tube. It feels like you're holding something solid. The lid slips off easily, and almost feels like it pulls itself back on when you're done.

While all of the colors are gorgeous, I'm betting that Rapture is going to be one of the colors that stays around longest, or is most-sold. The color would suit a wide range of complexions, and lots of ages (although I'm doubting the very young would want to wear this).

I will definitely repurchase. This may actually reach desert-island status and I NEVER feel that way about lipstick. Never.

on 5/22/2015 1:23:00 PM

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

I absolutely love this product. I have a number of Urban Decay's Revolution lipsticks and this is one of my favorites. It's a relatively neutral color in the sense that it's not one of the bold ones. It's a very nice dark pink and does not have an unnatural look to it. It's very easy to apply, keeps my lips moisturized, and has a cool case. It has pretty good lasting time without having to reapply and even through eating I generally only have to do small touch ups. The only complaint that I really have is the cost as one tube at Sephora is $22.

on 3/9/2015 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

I got this lipstick because it was similar to swatches pf Kat Von D Lolita and Cathedral studded lipsticks (both of which were sold out). Although the swatches looked one way this lip color looks completely different on me than i thought. I assumed it would be a plummy brown but it looks like a mlbb pink on my lips! I'm NC50ish and I have two toned lips. It has just enough brown and pink in it to balance my natural coloring and it is opaque so my lips don't show through. When I first apply it, it looks purple but after a few minutes it softens to a natural pink for my skin tone. I definitely recommend woc try it.

The texture is smooth and creamy. The finish is lustre/glossy. Similar to a Mac Sheen Supreme. It feels like a lip balm going on, and it hugs and adheres to lips well. It will smooth out any roughness as long as you're wearing a natural color. It does transfer a but, but its not bad and it wears as long as a lipstick the is texture tends to (about 4 hours without eating.) I live and die by a matte lipstick but I'm so glad I tried this out. The formula definitely rivals Nars Audacious as far as comfortable feel and smooth texture for $10 less. I wish there were more colors that appealed to me :/

on 12/18/2014 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

I can't believe how much I love this color and this lipstick! I generally go for more neutral shades (wear Rush from same line quite a bit), and don't often go for darker colors. But, this color is so beautiful, very flattering to my light, cool coloring, green eyes and silver streaked hair. The texture is somewhere between a lipstick and a balm, decent staying power and beautiful finish. My new favorite winter color, looks great with all my darker winter clothes. I have already re-purchased to have a spare to keep at work. Like Rush and Fiend too, but Rapture is definitely my favorite!

on 12/15/2014 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is a beautiful pink/ plum colour ideal for Autumn/ Winter. It lasts a decent amount of time and is easy to apply . It goes well with Beso lipgloss . It looks stylish and can be worn day or night. It is not drying on the lips .

on 11/14/2014 11:57:00 AM

One of my favorite lipsticks!
The texture cannot be beat, it's like a chapstick and lipstick mixed together!
Very hydrating and easy to wear.
Rapture is beautiful brownish pink, a great every day color!
it fades nicely and it leaves my lips with a little bit of a stain.
A 'your lips but better' color!
I am going to try more from the line!

on 7/8/2014 10:11:00 AM

This is gorgeous! I have used UD Rush as a MLBB color for a long time (even putting up with the super weird packaging their lipsticks used to have). I still love that color, but wanted another kind of neutral-y color to wear (I have Manic for brighter days, love that color too).

The review before me that compares it to Stila Natalie hits it right on the head! I hadn't thought of it because it'd been so long since I used Natalie, but it's just like it! A plummy mauvy color that complements my fair skin/brown eyes and either brown or blonde hair depending on my mood :)

I love the Revolution lipstick formula in general, and this one is no exception. Creamy, not drying, good staying power. This is one I'll definitely use a lot and replace when I'm done!

on 2/15/2014 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This was my first time trying an UD lipstick and now I want more! I love the opaqueness and texture of this formula. It's not slippery nor is of drying. This colour is so versatile that I use it both day and night. I'll lightly apply for the day and one good swipe for night to deepen the plummy colour at night. I prefer this shade for the fall/winter when I'm less tan. I can't wait to try other shades.

Recommended for Medium Skin