October 22, 2014 | 911 users online

Lipstick - Urban Decay - Revolution Lipstick - Rapture

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 10:11:00 AM More reviews by nickitraylor

This is gorgeous! I have used UD Rush as a MLBB color for a long time (even putting up with the super weird packaging their lipsticks used to have). I still love that color, but wanted another kind of neutral-y color to wear (I have Manic for brighter days, love that color too).

The review before me that compares it to Stila Natalie hits it right on the head! I hadn't thought of it because it'd been so long since I used Natalie, but it's just like it! A plummy mauvy color that complements my fair skin/brown eyes and either brown or blonde hair depending on my mood :)

I love the Revolution lipstick formula in general, and this one is no exception. Creamy, not drying, good staying power. This is one I'll definitely use a lot and replace when I'm done!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by chrisssay

This was my first time trying an UD lipstick and now I want more! I love the opaqueness and texture of this formula. It's not slippery nor is of drying. This colour is so versatile that I use it both day and night. I'll lightly apply for the day and one good swipe for night to deepen the plummy colour at night. I prefer this shade for the fall/winter when I'm less tan. I can't wait to try other shades.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2014 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Calincherie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the most expensive lipstick I own ($22 US) but honestly...It was worth the price.

I went into Ulta looking for a replacement to the discontinued Stila lipstick "Natalie" (which was a sheer plum color). Though this color is highly pigmented and not sheer, it's a beautiful plum-pink with no shimmer. I'm pale and the color doesn't look so dark on me that its garish. When blotted, I get the Natalie color I wanted. A MLBB color for sure.

The formula is not a thick creamy consistency as with some of the other lipsticks I own, which I think helps with how long lasting it is. It's more of a lip liner consistency (thinner but not liquidy, if that makes sense), though its not drying. When I rub my lips together, I barely feel the lipstick, it's very light.

It wore down to a nice stain, lasted for four hours (with minimal eating/drinking), and convinced me that more money than I'm used to spending on a lippie can be worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 More reviews by sabrinalovesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This color is the perfect plum/purple fall/winter lipstick. It's beautiful. I really like all the new UD lipsticks because they stay on so long & I don't have to keep re applying them which is awesome! I'm super fair and one of coworkers has deep mocha skin and I feel as if it looks good on both of us. We always get tons of compliments while wearing this shade! It's a shade that I feel confident wearing and it something that I use on a daily bases but something that I think is sexy and beautiful enough to wear when your all dolled up for a night on the town.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by janiebeth65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a wonderful lipstick. I think it is good day and night and lasts for hours. There is some transfer however it fades slowly and evenly and does not bleed. Creamy lipsticks usually move around on my lips and this does not. I already own Bobbie Brown lip pencil in Brownie and it is a good match to this lipstick. I find Raptsure compliments my fall makeup looks and currently use this lip stick more often than any other shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2013 7:23:00 AM More reviews by 1017

Rapture is kind of like that guy you were always just friends with then one day you look over and things are just different. I love the formula of these new UD lipsticks, but I have the hardest time finding a color that is right for me that was something I could wear on a daily basis (NW20 almost black hair, brown eyes, rosey lips). I kissed a lot of frogs in the line before I found Rapture. I was looking for a lippie I could wear on a daily basis, but not feel "blah". When I started my search the one sales rep was loving this, but at first, I thought even though it did make my eyes pop and looked lovely, it was too dark, not what I wanted, blah, blah, blah. Well after road testing a safer shade (so I thought) that like most things on me, started to pull brown and ruddy, I went back to exchange. This search started when it was still 80 degrees outside and now we are in the 40's. It feels more like Autumn now, I am paler now, I have full on fall makeup now, IDK what clicked, but all of a sudden Rapture just looked and felt right. It was seductive, yet soft, polished, & still casual...it just clicked. It is a darker shade, but maintains its plummy goodness. On me, it almost reminds me of a modern day, more sophisticated & wearable (no frost) version of a shade like MAC Fluid (my first MAC lippie back in the 90's). There is no way this shade will work on me come summer, but it will have a heck of a run for fall and winter!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I own 4 of these and Rapture is one of my fav's because I can wear it daily and it even looks great when going out. It's a versatile colour for me being an NW15,blonde hair, and green eyes so for my fair colouring it's awesome. On me it's an MLBB but darker so on me it can go day or night. The formula is super pigmented 2 swipes and my lips have the perfect amount of colour and it lasts. I got over 4 hours without retouching and it doesn't dry my lips at all. The stain is nice and I adore the new packaging it is very luxe! Considering these are crazy pigmented they are worth the $$ because they last and are everything I look for in a lippie. No weird taste,moisture, and great pigment in awesome packaging is exactly what I like.

I am an UD fan so I'm partial but these are great lippies regardless. I have Rush which is a more MLBB colour it's lighter than Rapture but in the same rosy,mauve,brown colour range. So if your super pale and lean towards cool in skin tone you will love Rapture and Rush is a good daytime alternative. Rapture with some of Tarte's Blushing Bride blusher, a lot of mascara, and some powder and it makes a great day look. I love these lipsticks and I think there is a colour for everyone. If you are on the pale side and cool toned this colour will look fantastic on you! Definitely Recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by Steelhead242

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this lipstick for fall and it doesn't really look good with my skin tone, I'm medium tan yet from summer. I think once the paleness sets in it will look better. Its a muted plum with dusty rose pink, plum. Packaging is awesome, it's heavy and solid. Feels and looks high end. The formulation is creamy, it's just an overall great product. Feels nice on the lips there's no scent to it and I cannot wait to wear it!! Way to go UD on the revamped lippies!! Worth the price $22.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by LovelyThistle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Another winning lipstick from Urban Decay. The new revolution lipsticks are great overall and Rapture is a wonderful soft, cool toned nude pink. I use this with Manic lip liner underneath to deepen the color. Used alone this shade is a very cool toned plumy-pink with some brown to it but not one of those very brown nudes. I usually cannot pull off a nude lip, I look dead without some color on my lips.

The wear time is above average for a creamy lipstick. I can get 4 hours easily with no primer or lip liner. With primer I get 6 hours even with drinking a cup of coffee.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No